First Victory Of The Day Bonus

Question

10 replies to this topic

#1 ggodo

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:14 AM

In my wanderings of MWO related forums, I saw something that implied that the daily first win bonus is per mech, per day. Is that true? Should I be constantly rotating through my mechs to get the daily wins? On a related note, if I die in a match, then diconnect to start another match, would I still get the C-bills/exp for a win that happens after I leave? I know ya'll will just say to spectate and get better, and I usually do, but I have very limited game time currently, and the ability to get back in the ring to battle again without taking a reward hit would let me play more games. No one seems to be able to answer this with certainty and I don't know who to ask.

#2 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:19 AM

Yes it is first victory of the day per mech variant.

So you can get it for your first victory in multiple mechs per day as long as those mechs are different types though. If you own 2 MAD-3Rs for example, you only get the bonus on your first win of the day in either of them, not in both. Although you could get it once a day for each MAD variant that you own.

#3 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:32 AM

So, ideally you should rotate through all of your mechs that need XP to max out that first victory of the day bonus. As far as DCing after you die, I wouldn't do that because while you *might* still get the first victory of the day bonus, you won't get any assists for kills that were taken out after you disconnected.

#4 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:43 AM

In my experience, it's actually on a 12-hour* reset.

Not going to tell you how I figured this out...

*Either that, or it's tied to a timezone that happens to be somewhere within my standard Saturday afternoon.

#5 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:45 AM

It's a set time.. So for instance lucky me, if i play at a certain time of the day i can grab two daily bonuses. (if i am just playing on a random day.) It's some time in the evening for me i forget exactly. Maybe i should write it down next time it happens :)

#6 Buehgler

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:48 AM

It is once per day per mech chassis. You will see a small "x2" on the select mech screen for mechs that have the bonus active.

This resets every day at 2400 UTC.

As for leaving matches early, I never do this, so I am not sure exactly how it accounts for things like the bonus. I know that the standard description says you will not receive rewards for things after you depart, and thus may miss out on assist rewards, I am unsure how this relates to win/loss rewards and the x2 bonus.

#7 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:27 PM

Yep, reset at midnight GMT each day. For me that's about 6PM my local time.

#8 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,154 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:34 PM

View PostLadyDanams, on 13 June 2016 - 12:27 PM, said:

Yep, reset at midnight GMT each day. For me that's about 6PM my local time.

I'm in FL, currently it's 8PM, think it's 7PM during standard (not daylight savings) time.

#9 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:41 PM

View Postmailin, on 13 June 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

So, ideally you should rotate through all of your mechs that need XP to max out that first victory of the day bonus. As far as DCing after you die, I wouldn't do that because while you *might* still get the first victory of the day bonus, you won't get any assists for kills that were taken out after you disconnected.

Spot-check:

You do get credit for those assists, KMDD, solo kills, etc, whether or not you leave before the mechs you shot die. The credit applies whether you're there or not.

Leave or stay because you want to watch, but don't feel obligated to stay because you'll forfeit credit by leaving early. :)

Edited by Virlutris, 13 June 2016 - 02:42 PM.

#10 ggodo

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:45 PM

All of this has been very helpful. Next time I get on I'll run cycle through as many mechs as I have time. They could all use some exp. And being able to leave and still get paid is very nice. Means I can go faster when I want to farm fast.

#11 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:35 PM

View Postggodo, on 13 June 2016 - 06:45 PM, said:

All of this has been very helpful. Next time I get on I'll run cycle through as many mechs as I have time. They could all use some exp. And being able to leave and still get paid is very nice. Means I can go faster when I want to farm fast.

Yep, remember that if it's a really close game, you can be the eyes in the sky and help your team coordinate still when you are dead as well. I like to see how a game turns out sometimes and my stats, but you can sometimes get more money dropping again in another mech, especially if you got caught out of position and died early.

In general, you'll get more cash and have more fun playing complete games as well.

As another note, when your mech is locked into the match you died in, you can go into the mechlab and remove engines/modules from it and save the loadout. Then you can put them onto another mech and drop into a new game as well. This helps you save money by not having to buy 2-3 of the same engine or module (most expensive equipment).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users