3 replies to this topic

#1 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,562 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:13 AM

So after playing Overwatch enough, there is something I wish MWO had added that would also add some monetization items with it. Voices/Pilots, with the potential for pilot customization maybe on the horizon one of these days, this is just an idea to play around with since I doubt it would get added, but what if each chassis had a unique pilot attached to it (in the sense that their personality and maybe voice are unique) to kinda go with the "character" of that chassis. This would also tie into the upcoming command wheel, with commands being delivered through intercoms between the team. Pre/Mid-drop voice lines could be added to just kind of add to the immersion similar to the FW voice lines, but potentially less cheesy and more often. You could even hint at lore with voice lines because pilots obviously have to have a background and affiliation goes with that. It's the small stuff like this that is always nice to have, and to even go along with the idea of warhorns, you could have taunts essentially that play to the enemy whenever you get a kill, stuff like that. Just something to make each mech a bit more unique, the different cockpits and engine sounds (which I still love, kinda wish some of them were louder some times) are nice, but not enough imo.

Side note, I also wish all the non-faction camos would be ignored for new mechs, too many of them are bland imo and I honestly wouldn't mind more chassis specific or limited camos like the Blood Pact ones or the special camos like the Loyalty Atlas/Cent/King Crab patterns. If I could pay for those special ones over the more bland first sets of camos (sorry to the artists that worked on these, but I'm not a fan), I would.

Thoughts, suggestions, love for the idea, hate for the idea, complaints that someone had this idea first (too lazy to actually use the borked search function)?

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 14 June 2016 - 10:16 AM.

#2 GreyNovember

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:15 AM

> Character to mechs

I'm sorry, but all I hear are bastion beep boops, locusts and cicadas making insect noises, and everything that ends in -Wolf making howling sounds.

#3 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:20 AM

Immersion in general is something that's sorely missing from this game. A little pilot head popping up in the corner when someone is in-game Team Speaking would be a nice touch, especially if it was a model they picked.

This kind of goes to my topic of other revenue streams PGI could work on. You have a generic pilot that pops up, then you can purchase other ones for each mech. Customize them. Customize the helmets, the suits, and so on. There's a huge variety of mech suits out there.

I, for one, would like to have my mechwarrior have no pants, as was the style.

Posted Image
#nopants4lyf

Edited by Dawnstealer, 14 June 2016 - 10:23 AM.

#4 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,562 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:22 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 14 June 2016 - 10:20 AM, said:

This kind of goes to my topic of other revenue streams PGI could work on. You have a generic pilot that pops up, then you can purchase other ones for each mech. Customize them. Customize the helmets, the suits, and so on. There's a huge variety of mech suits out there.

I thought about this avenue too, but I kinda like the idea of a certain personality being attached to each mech to sort of match up with the mech's play style. Though pilot visual customization would still be a thing even with unique pilots per mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users