Does This Mean That I Have To Remaster Everything Again?

10 replies to this topic

#1 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,818 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:43 AM

ive gotten to the point where ive almost mastered 3 of every mech that you can get for cbills. except 7 or 8 that im still working on. obviously i didnt keep all of them, only the ones i liked, so i managed to pull this off with only 94 mech bays.

so i was listening to the town hall while i played and russ brings up the skill tree and this brings us to the question asked in the title. is all my xp going to get wiped? im i going to need to spend a lot of time re buying and re-mastering those mechs? because that would really suck.

i would prefer to have all the xp i spent on my skills refunded so that i can reallocate it on the new system. also i think that any currently mastered varient needs to be exempt from the 3 mech rule reguardless of the new system. id hate to see thousands of man hours wiped out in one patch.

#2 Poppaukko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 236 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:10 AM

If XP is not refunded there's going to be a huge shitstorm. I don't see even PGI being that stupid not to refund it.

#3 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:13 AM

I'd bet you'll get the XP to remaster everything, no problem.

#4 Fiona Marshe Pureborn

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:49 AM

This has happened once before (in Closed Beta); XP was refunded from the skill tree at the time to GXP.
Depending on the details, expect either GXP or mech XP when the new tree arrives.

Of course, last time, I has so much mech XP sitting there, I used the refunded GXP for modules instead. :)

#5 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:49 AM

Man don't worry
They're giving a day of free premium time if the servers are down because of technical difficulties, to make sure no one lost anything

They'll just give the xp back, though maybe as gxp instead of mechxp

If not there'll be a huge storm, and then they'll give the xp back
I know I used xp conversion on quite some mechs :-)
So better give it back ;-)

#6 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,818 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:39 PM

View PostFiona Marshe Pureborn, on 18 June 2016 - 03:49 AM, said:

This has happened once before (in Closed Beta); XP was refunded from the skill tree at the time to GXP.
Depending on the details, expect either GXP or mech XP when the new tree arrives.

Of course, last time, I has so much mech XP sitting there, I used the refunded GXP for modules instead. Posted Image

cleared the module tree already.

#7 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:13 PM

The 'Mechs I most care about have hundreds of thousands of XP points in them already.

Not concerned.

#8 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:38 PM

This is a good question. The skill tree is supposed to be quite different so I am sure there will be a refund so that we can access all the options.

#9 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:46 PM

I wonder what will happen to the XP on mechs that I don't have any more.

The HGNs I elited to master the HGN Heavy Metal are gone so does that mean I won't be able to re-master my HGN Heavy Metal until I repurchase those two mechs?

Did the same thing with the AWS Pretty Baby

I have hundreds of thousands of EXP on the heroes but I don't own the other chassis any more because they weren't being used for anything, so I sold them.

#10 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 06:24 PM

View PostPoppaukko, on 18 June 2016 - 03:10 AM, said:

If XP is not refunded there's going to be a huge shitstorm. I don't see even PGI being that stupid not to refund it.

Esp not when players used gold to convert XP, which yes, I did alot of....

Maybe the new pilot system wont involve needing to play 3 mechs to master 1 mech...

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 18 June 2016 - 06:24 PM.

#11 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:06 PM

It's costs MC (real money) to convert mech XP to General XP. There is a lot of XP that has been converted by players which used MC to do so. No PGI will not wipe the XP you earned they will refund it and let you spend it over again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users