Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:45 AM

I "like" the new 16:9 JagerMech

#42 Kaschkin

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMonza Italy

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:49 AM

Apparently the Grasshopper wasn't tall enough.
Now it looks like it scratches the tunnel roof on mining collective...

#43 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 18 June 2016 - 06:10 AM

View PostNotorious Meerkat, on 18 June 2016 - 05:36 AM, said:

I am more like - WHY on Earth did they widen the Jager? Posted Image

not sure if it really was made wider or if this only happened because it only look wider because the camera is now just closer to it - since the lowered stance puts the torso somehow closer to the cam. . (compare the side pic and you see the towso went more to the front). tahst liek when they amde weird angle pictues of some mchs making them look awkward.

Edited by Lily from animove, 18 June 2016 - 06:13 AM.

#44 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:18 AM

Mechs will always change. Top tiers will always be nerfed and so forth. Feels like IS got hit hard with this rescale

#45 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:01 AM

View PostChados, on 17 June 2016 - 04:45 PM, said:

The Rifleman is going to need durability quirks. It's YUGE for its weight now.

And the Marauder got nerfed too.

I notice that all the Clan heavies got shrunk. Nice.

PGI designed the original clan heavies to be larger to make them easier to shoot to partially balance the OP clan XL engine. Now with quirks that's not necessary so they just shrunk them down

#46 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:25 AM

View PostChados, on 17 June 2016 - 04:45 PM, said:

The Rifleman is going to need durability quirks. It's YUGE for its weight now.
It's the same size as the other mechs of it's weight. That's kind of the point.

I notice that all the Clan heavies got shrunk. Nice.

What? Are you blind? None of the Clan heavies shrunk. None. Not even one, not even a 60 tonner.

The Mad Dog and Timberwolf got lower stances, but are the same size. The Orion IIC's changes are so massive they're indescribable.

What the hell is with people freaking the **** out about things they're always grossly wrong about?

#47 Unforgiven

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:06 AM

I guess someone at PGI got killed by an Archer once or twice during the planning stages of this re-scale? Or maybe the significant other that just dumped them likes the Archer as their favorite mech? That's the only possible explanation for what happened to that mech. :-(

#48 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:00 PM

What the hopper Posted Image

Does it even fit in the drop ship anymore? must be the talles mech in game now. Most of the changes look really good, even if the cat is now real smal for a 65ton mech but we need to see it in game. But damn that hopper is tall Posted Image

#49 Oberost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:05 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 17 June 2016 - 10:08 PM, said:

DAT Archer...... yea...it was too much OP it deserved to be bigger.... Posted Image

This makes me wonder... How about if apart of using a volumetric measurement someone at PGI uses a bit of common sense?

View PostKshat, on 18 June 2016 - 01:53 AM, said:

Seeing that even new Mechs like Black Knight, Archer, Rifleman, Warhammer had to been rescaled tells you tons about the processes in order in this company. I mean... how long are we doscussing rescales? For two years now? And even the new stuff hadn't been created adherent to the new rules?

I have no words...

#50 MrVei

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:30 PM

View PostIacov, on 18 June 2016 - 03:22 AM, said:

has anything changed with the marauder besides size?

NOPE the 5D lost 10% lrm cooldown and that was it. i was really hoping they would tone down the side intakes that get hung up on everything in the bog, nice to see that was fixed by making it bigger lol. better weapon perks would have been fun but oh well i guess. only time will tell if this nerfs this mech much or not.

#51 Demonic

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:07 PM

This rescale is a totally non sense, mechs underperforming before are being scaled up and mechs performing ok are being scaled down, while quirks are nerfs in general... I dont understand anything Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Demonic, 18 June 2016 - 01:08 PM.

#52 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:50 PM

View PostUnforgiven, on 18 June 2016 - 11:06 AM, said:

I guess someone at PGI got killed by an Archer once or twice during the planning stages of this re-scale? Or maybe the significant other that just dumped them likes the Archer as their favorite mech? That's the only possible explanation for what happened to that mech. :-(

Or math. But math is hard, right?

View PostDemonic, on 18 June 2016 - 01:07 PM, said:

This rescale is a totally non sense, mechs underperforming before are being scaled up and mechs performing ok are being scaled down, while quirks are nerfs in general... I dont understand anything Posted Image Posted Image

Why? PGI was clear from the start how it would work, and it's really not complicated. What part of "this is a volumetric rescale" did you not understand?

At no point whatsoever did PGI say this was about balance, nor did they say underperforming mechs would shrink and overperforming mechs would grow. Nobody has said that.

Why did anyone expect it?

#53 Spoo Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 18 June 2016 - 02:46 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 18 June 2016 - 06:10 AM, said:

not sure if it really was made wider or if this only happened because it only look wider because the camera is now just closer to it - since the lowered stance puts the torso somehow closer to the cam. . (compare the side pic and you see the towso went more to the front). tahst liek when they amde weird angle pictues of some mchs making them look awkward.

Looks to be more a combination of a 2-3% increase in all dimensions combined with the knee bend. The drop in height gives the illusion of an increase of width. It also makes the legs look a lot thicker.

Personally I think the rescaled Jager is squatting a little too low.

#54 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 06:01 PM

I'm gonna laugh so hard seeing the new sized catapults waddling around. xD

#55 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 06:08 PM

View PostHydrocarbon, on 17 June 2016 - 03:34 PM, said:

I can see making some OP mechs bigger but jeeez...the Hopper is STILL taller than an Atlas!

Its supposed to be. The mech sizes are being changed to reflect a real mass/shape/size relation and then they're being rebalanced in terms of gameplay after.

I'm really happy they are finally doing this as the size factor as balance has always been one of the most annoying things in MWO. This is coming from a BT fan who doesn't even have any background in the original TT or source material.

#56 Corbon Zackery

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:50 PM

You can't shrink some Clan mechs then make all the IS mechs bigger call it a minor change. The Grasshopper was tall now its head is in a prime spot for ridge shooting.

Red Mexican hash time.

Minor changes my ***!

#57 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:45 AM

Now...wow thats truely a big undertaking you had there.Posted Image

While I appreciate your multipoint and next to scientific approach to rescaling the Mechs I fear you lost the eye for the viability and competitiveness of the Mechs.

Tl, dr: There where Mechs in game that needed to be redone (see I'm not using rescaling anymore) to be viable and competitive in with their inherited hardpoints, role and geometry.
Others needed to be redone to nerf them a bit.
When the Communtity asked for a rescale they meant "make things viable" not bring the relative proportions of mechs in line.

Ok now to expand on this:

My biggest Issue is the Black Knight.
Yes it had to be nerfed it was too dominant too meta.
But what you did was:
Bringing his size up to old Atlas niveau, take away some of his quirks and with the Heatsystem revision you will nullify the usefullness of his multiple energy hardpoint layout.
Thats excessive.
It will be the oposite of meta.
So... yea... nerf him its ok.
But why performing a full threeway on him while holding him down and tickling him sensless ???
Was this some kind of making an example to satify the "Clan mechs need love" faction?

Next thing the Archer.
A Mech thats already on the borders to the underhive.
Also one of the mechs with more lore like size and proportions.
A Mech with a primary weponsystem that is seen as either poisonous to the niveau of a match or outright useless. So we put SRMs in and try to brawl....
Now you go and make this guy bigger....a mech that already has its issues and needs to try to be something he isn't good at gets now additional downsides.

There are some other Mechs that do not belong here because they have an other weightclass that would have desperately needed to be scaled down by 20 or better 25% to be of any use (Trenchbucket, Kintaro, Centurion) or at least scaled down at all like the Griffin (it got bigger)
Or the Highlander (why did a mech that has absolutely every downside a mech could possibly have in this game had to get bigger ????)

Yea I do not understand how viability of a chassis could be subdued by "size scaling"

I firmly belive when the community said: "Please devs of PGI could you look into the scaling of our mechs they don't work" they actually meant to say "Please bring them to proportions that will be viable and competitive in game keeping in mind their role and equipment"

Edited by The Basilisk, 19 June 2016 - 01:20 AM.

#58 Platinum Spider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:23 AM

View PostCorbon Zackery, on 18 June 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

You can't shrink some Clan mechs then make all the IS mechs bigger call it a minor change. The Grasshopper was tall now its head is in a prime spot for ridge shooting.

Cataphract
Catapult
Dragon
Orion (barely)
Quickdraw
Thunderbolt

All got smaller. And the smallest mech, Locust, is now even smaller. Not all IS mechs got bigger.

Hellbringer got smaller, Mad Dog torso is the same size legs got thinner and more bent, Orion IIc got barely smaller, Timber Wolf torso is the same size legs got thinner and more bent. The new executioner doesn't fit in the frame.

How can anyone expect a large scale mech re-scaling to be a minor change? Did someone say it was going to be minor?

Edited by Platinum Spider, 19 June 2016 - 01:23 AM.

#59 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:55 AM

Lol... Grasshopper is as tall as an Atlas. Hilarious.

Ugh. I should have kept my Thuds and never wasted a minute on the Hoppers. Posted Image

#60 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:22 AM

View PostCorbon Zackery, on 18 June 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

Red Mexican hash time.

Minor changes my ***!
Again: No clan heavies shrank.

All IS mechs got bigger? Except (just in heavies) QuickDraw, Dragon, Catapult, Thunderbolt, and Cataphract. Also assaults, a couple mediums, and a couple lights.

So much exaggeration going on. So much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users