Jump to content

Clan Medium Re-Scales

rescale

43 replies to this topic

#21 Corrado

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts
  • Locationfinale emilia, italy

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:15 AM

the 50 tons nova is probably shorter than the oxide now.

#22 DangerousOne

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:32 AM

Why! Why, the frack 50t Nova after rescaling is smaller than 45t Shadow Cat? Where is sence of logic? Posted Image

#23 Cy Mitchell

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:31 PM

View PostDangerousOne, on 18 June 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

Why! Why, the frack 50t Nova after rescaling is smaller than 45t Shadow Cat? Where is sence of logic? Posted Image



Shorter. Not smaller. It is wider from arm to arm. The legs are thicker. It longer from front to back. Height is only one of the three dimensions.

#24 Zodie

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationMotherland

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:57 AM

View PostThe Great Bear, on 17 June 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

lol nova is like half the size


+++

#25 Dazzer

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationSpain next to Gibraltar

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:17 PM

great they scale down the clan but leave hunchback which is too big the same size. these jokers do not know what they are doing.

#26 Solis Obscuri

    Don't Care How I Want It Now!

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,745 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:02 PM

Gotta say, the Nova was a bit too big before, but the pendulum may have swung back a little too far here. Guess we'll see.

#27 Gwydion Ward

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:30 PM

I like the new Scat and Nova.... but the change to the Hunchy has me scratching my head. Did you guys change the arms simply to give it more of a 'height' for its arm mounted weapons.. so they werent so 'low' to the ground and constantly hitting terrain?... or is there some other reason for it?

#28 johnyboy420

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 197 posts
  • Locationyour momma's house

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:06 PM

the Nova not even that big that Rescale was need, Nova's dont have a torso, people still like its too small

#29 Lily from animove

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,889 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:32 AM

View PostThe Great Bear, on 17 June 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

lol nova is like half the size


half? seriously, what eyes do people use nowdays? :P

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 20 June 2016 - 04:02 PM, said:

Gotta say, the Nova was a bit too big before, but the pendulum may have swung back a little too far here. Guess we'll see.


did it really? try to not see the change, try to see the mech itself, do you think the CT on a mech with this size is hard to hit? or the CT form the side? it's still a big target. And it hardly hchanged in wideness it was extremely easy to hit the component you wan't and people with proper aim will still hit those components.

#30 Fire for Effect

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:57 AM

Stromcrow
that Mech is far to small for its weight and firepower why has this one not been enlarged??

EPIC Fail


Ice Ferrit
„the fridge“ has pretty bad hardpoints at also bad positions, a decent speed but no JJ. This mech begs for a decrease in size to make it even remotely useful and it gets... nothing

FAIL


Shadow Cat
I can barely think of a mech that does not need a change without seeing this one in front of me. This mech suffers more from mediocre Hardpoints than from any size issues. Everything on this mech is pretty decent so no real reason for change. Changes where no changes are needed...

Minor Fail



Nova
Few Mechs needed a shrink as bad as this one but instead of just making it smaller (less tall) they shrinked it to much in all dimensions. Its now smaller than the oversized and absurdely grown IS lights... Quirk reduction is also to minor.

Minor Fail


Hunchback IIC
well no real issues with this one except obscene Firepower for a medium... changes are barely noticable.

#31 Lily from animove

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,889 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:16 PM

View PostFire for Effect, on 21 June 2016 - 11:57 AM, said:

Stromcrow
that Mech is far to small for its weight and firepower why has this one not been enlarged??

EPIC Fail


Ice Ferrit
„the fridge“ has pretty bad hardpoints at also bad positions, a decent speed but no JJ. This mech begs for a decrease in size to make it even remotely useful and it gets... nothing

FAIL


Shadow Cat
I can barely think of a mech that does not need a change without seeing this one in front of me. This mech suffers more from mediocre Hardpoints than from any size issues. Everything on this mech is pretty decent so no real reason for change. Changes where no changes are needed...

Minor Fail



Nova
Few Mechs needed a shrink as bad as this one but instead of just making it smaller (less tall) they shrinked it to much in all dimensions. Its now smaller than the oversized and absurdely grown IS lights... Quirk reduction is also to minor.

Minor Fail


Hunchback IIC
well no real issues with this one except obscene Firepower for a medium... changes are barely noticable.


the NVA shrinked not much in wideness and still is an easy target, seriously lern 2 aim.

and the IFR isn't badly sized, first you complain about is lights beign too buig yet youw ant to shring the IFR (a medium) even fuerter?

SCR isn't small at all, it is havig very slimish single hitboxes similar tot he blacknight which makes it hard to be hit. Now look at blakcnight vs SCR youw ant the scr beign even bigegr even if theres 20t difference between them? you really have a wiorse sense for "scale" than even PGI.

#32 Fire for Effect

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:52 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 21 June 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:


the NVA shrinked not much in wideness and still is an easy target, seriously lern 2 aim.


maybe look at that number below my name I can aim sufficiently. it shrinked in all dimensions instead of getting less fat and getting more slim. it has now less height that a firestarter...


View PostLily from animove, on 21 June 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

and the IFR isn't badly sized, first you complain about is lights beign too buig yet youw ant to shring the IFR (a medium) even fuerter?


Since that fridge has terrible hardpoints it is warranted to make it smaller.


View PostLily from animove, on 21 June 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

SCR isn't small at all, it is havig very slimish single hitboxes similar tot he blacknight which makes it hard to be hit. Now look at blakcnight vs SCR youw ant the scr beign even bigegr even if theres 20t difference between them? you really have a wiorse sense for "scale" than even PGI.


maybe look hard after you type.... for its firepower and speed that crow is to small by a wide margin. maybe look at the griffin if you want to compare... oh wait IS has nothing that gets even close to the crows firepower survivability and speed at 55t...

I dont know what you mean with the size the black knight is far far bigger than the crow knight looks more like 85t.

#33 Akillius

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:48 PM

View PostFire for Effect, on 21 June 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

maybe look at that number below my name


Ha ha ha and the first number I saw is "576 posts"!
Comeon who else did the same thing and chuckled to themselves?

#34 Lily from animove

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,889 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:08 PM

View PostFire for Effect, on 21 June 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:


maybe look at that number below my name I can aim sufficiently. it shrinked in all dimensions instead of getting less fat and getting more slim. it has now less height that a firestarter...



I don't care about that number, anyone who knwos how PSR works, knows that this number houses many people without skill.

look at facts and fact is th NVA has still a lot more surface than a Firestarter

And no IFR hardpoints are not the reason to shrink sizes. Harpoints have and should not have anything to do with a mechs scale. And thats what you see to lack to understand again at the SCR, firepower is not the scaling criteria, its tonnage (which brings HP) and mechshape + of course the lore design which kinda defines the general look of a mech to what size has to be measured after taking its surface into account.

Someone somwhere in the endless amounts of rescale threads posted a chart about the surface count of the rescaled mechs, and there the NVA still ways way above the Firestarter. Soze is not what matters, surface is and how "blocky" the individual hitboxes are. And if you truly have the well aim your number should indicate, you would knew this and not even start to make such a weird NVA to FS9 comparison.

Edited by Lily from animove, 30 June 2016 - 03:54 AM.


#35 Vanguard319

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:14 PM

View PostFire for Effect, on 21 June 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:


maybe look at that number below my name I can aim sufficiently. it shrinked in all dimensions instead of getting less fat and getting more slim. it has now less height that a firestarter...



everyone listen to Fire for effect, he's tier 1 master race. we must all bow before our god, for he clearly knows best, and his word is absolute. (sarcasm)

As for myself I find the nova is actually somewhat survivable now as long as you don't overheat, it can still get mauled if you don't use cover properly, but the smaller size means there's more usable cover. The Shadowcat I find is now ideal for firing from a "hull down" position, since you've got a little less poking over ridges now.

#36 Jack Shayu Walker

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:03 AM

View PostFire for Effect, on 21 June 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:


maybe look at that number below my name I can aim sufficiently.



Oooooh shiiiit~ E-peens is coming out.

+1 to Lily for being civilized Posted Image

View PostFire for Effect, on 21 June 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

it has now less height that a firestarter...


Aaaas it did in lore... >.>

Novas are like... famously short, albeit before it was because they didn't have a torso and the legs were mounted on the arms.But its hardly an insult that firestarters are shorter. They just need some quirks.

View PostFire for Effect, on 21 June 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

Since that fridge has terrible hardpoints it is warranted to make it smaller.


Rescale wasn't based on which mechs are effective and which are not. It was not a balancing change, it was a change to make scaling consistant, PGI will (eventually) balance from this point, and the game will be better for it.


View PostFire for Effect, on 21 June 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

maybe look hard after you type.... for its firepower and speed that crow is to small by a wide margin. maybe look at the griffin if you want to compare... oh wait IS has nothing that gets even close to the crows firepower survivability and speed at 55t...


Crows are not that scary. They're pretty well balanced IMO, and I say that being a pilot who avoids piloting cheetahs and crows like the plague. BTW your SRM Griffens are pretty damn powerful, before the patch they were more meta than the crows were.

#37 Solis Obscuri

    Don't Care How I Want It Now!

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,745 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:16 AM

View PostFire for Effect, on 21 June 2016 - 11:57 AM, said:

Nova
Few Mechs needed a shrink as bad as this one but instead of just making it smaller (less tall) they shrinked it to much in all dimensions. Its now smaller than the oversized and absurdely grown IS lights... Quirk reduction is also to minor.

Bingo. Summed it up well.

Of course I considered it a bit of a bonus that the Blackhawk was even able to torso twist, and was willing to live with it being a little tall as a trade-off...

#38 Brethren

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:25 AM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 22 June 2016 - 08:03 AM, said:

Rescale wasn't based on which mechs are effective and which are not. It was not a balancing change, it was a change to make scaling consistant, PGI will (eventually) balance from this point, and the game will be better for it.

This. It is quite tiring how many people still think the re-scaling had balacing reasons, even though PGI clearly stated that that wasn't the intention.

#39 Fire for Effect

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:13 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 21 June 2016 - 04:08 PM, said:


I don't care about that number, anyone who knwos how PSR works, knows that this number houses many people without skill.


I am not talking about skill I am talking about EXPERIENCE Tier 1 means that you have sufficiently played to understood how this game works nothing more nothing less.. you know the mechanics. Its like a black belt which is in no way a sigjn of mastery it shows that you know the basics nothing more nothing less.


View PostLily from animove, on 21 June 2016 - 04:08 PM, said:

look at facts and fact is th NVA has still a lto mroe surface than a Firestarter


and your point is? its a friggin 50t mech... the nova had to shrink but not 3Dsimple rescale down they should have made it smaller and only a little less height.

View PostLily from animove, on 21 June 2016 - 04:08 PM, said:

And no IFR hardpoints are not the reason to shrink sizes. Harpoitns have and should not have anythign to do with a mechs scale. And thats what you see to lack to understand again at the SCR, firepower is nto the scaling criteria, its tonnage (which brings HP) and mechshape + of course the lore design which kinda defines the general look of a mech to what size has to be measured after taking its surface into account.


actually the combat potential is THE ONLY reason that should be a basis for a resize; in my eyes this resize is complete nonsense.


View PostLily from animove, on 21 June 2016 - 04:08 PM, said:

Someone somwhere int he endless amounts of rescale threads posted a chart about the surface count of the rescaled mechs, and there the NVA still ways way above the Firestarter. Soze is not what matters, surface is and how "blocky" the individual hitboxes are. And if you truly ha the well aim your number should indicate, you would knew this and not even start to make such a weird NVA to FS9 comparison.


mechs need a resize because they have to much firepower meager hardpoints or broken hitboxes not because of some feverish idea to size have all mechs of equal tonnage equal surface since it conveniently ignores that a mech might be to large to hide behind terrain features and it ignores completely that up down size is vastly different than left right size, surface is so definitely NOT a comparable basis its painful especially considering that side and front surface are simply added as it seems. also geometric forms are completely ignored; a square is easier to hit than a ring of the same area or a triangle.

View PostVanguard319, on 21 June 2016 - 04:14 PM, said:


everyone listen to Fire for effect, he's tier 1 master race. we must all bow before our god, for he clearly knows best, and his word is absolute. (sarcasm)



hardly it was just to say that I can aim "sufficiently" if I were as you say i would have said that I aim "perfectly" ...

#40 Fire for Effect

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:21 PM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 22 June 2016 - 08:03 AM, said:



Rescale wasn't based on which mechs are effective and which are not. It was not a balancing change, it was a change to make scaling consistant, PGI will (eventually) balance from this point, and the game will be better for it.


which is the grand mistake they did...


View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 22 June 2016 - 08:03 AM, said:

Crows are not that scary. They're pretty well balanced IMO, and I say that being a pilot who avoids piloting cheetahs and crows like the plague. BTW your SRM Griffens are pretty damn powerful, before the patch they were more meta than the crows were.


and the griffins got bigger; the crow stayed the same...
If you think the crow is not meta then show me a more powerful medium...

If you avoid crows and cheaters (why?) I aint sure you are qualified to give an opinion, since if you dont pilot these and surely you are not fighting these, how can you base your opinion on anything but hearsay?

View PostBrethren, on 23 June 2016 - 02:25 AM, said:

This. It is quite tiring how many people still think the re-scaling had balacing reasons, even though PGI clearly stated that that wasn't the intention.



and that was the capital mistake PGI did...





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users