What Happened To General Quirks?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Sader325

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:31 AM

Posted Image

I thought we were stepping away from SPECIFIC quirk ******** and moving to general quirks? Why does half PHX have specific quirks?

#2 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:34 AM

View PostSader325, on 17 June 2016 - 09:31 AM, said:

Posted Image

I thought we were stepping away from SPECIFIC quirk ******** and moving to general quirks? Why does half PHX have specific quirks?

Because **** you that's why.

Or more accurately, PGI said so.

Edited by Narcissistic Martyr, 17 June 2016 - 09:35 AM.

#3 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:36 AM

A lot of those have general quirks with a few specific thrown in. Not sure why this is a problem.

#4 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:42 AM

That's just one of the 30 questions that come up when you look at the PXH quirks.

My guess is that they went back on their decision because the PXH has so little variation in its hardpoints.

Dat -5% standard laser duration tho. You need an atomic clock to measure the effect, ffs. It's almost up there with the old 2% MG range bonus quirks for the Summoner in terms of quirks that have no measurable effect.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 17 June 2016 - 09:44 AM.

#5 Aerei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:48 AM

Weapon quirks on the 1B need a 100% change. It's entirely asinine to have one quirk be velocity on a weapon that's unplayable without it, and the other to be on a weapon that's useless in general.

I thought the point was to sell these mechs? Is PGI even watching the tournament? Both weapons are almost completely useless.

And who's going to run two machine guns? Seriously.

Edited by Aerei, 17 June 2016 - 09:49 AM.

#6 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:51 AM

General quirks are bad for the game. Specific quirks are what should have been the original direction. Things like decreasing general energy allows people to use the quirk for weapons upon which the chassis wasn't designed.

#7 Sader325

• 1,181 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:36 AM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 17 June 2016 - 09:51 AM, said:

General quirks are bad for the game. Specific quirks are what should have been the original direction. Things like decreasing general energy allows people to use the quirk for weapons upon which the chassis wasn't designed.

"Wasn't designed."

You sound dangerously close to using lore as an excuse.

#8 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:33 AM

Because God forbid Phoenix Hawk to be in any way better than mighty Vindicator.

#9 NoiseCrypt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 596 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:36 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 17 June 2016 - 09:36 AM, said:

A lot of those have general quirks with a few specific thrown in. Not sure why this is a problem.

Because **** you that's why. ;)

Or more accurately, spoiled drama queens said so. ;)

( see what i did there :D )

#10 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:37 AM

I cant wait to be able to buy STD lasers!!! im going to pew pew everyones face on!!!

#11 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:37 AM

View PostSader325, on 17 June 2016 - 10:36 AM, said:

"Wasn't designed."

You sound dangerously close to using lore as an excuse.

No, not really. What I would prefer to see is, take the Enforcer 4R as an example, AC10 cool down -20% and autocannon cool down -10%. In this situation, it would be the greatest per weapon, thus giving the stock build -20% reduction on the AC10 but only -10% reduction on any other AC equipped. Doing it like that, you give players flexibility to build what they want knowing that they're not going to get the most out of it, should it not be stock, but also making it so that the stock builds have extra power.

In other words, make the stock builds strong and the player builds less so but still strong.

#12 smokytehbear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationThe Heat Lab

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:10 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 17 June 2016 - 09:42 AM, said:

That's just one of the 30 questions that come up when you look at the PXH quirks.

My guess is that they went back on their decision because the PXH has so little variation in its hardpoints.

Dat -5% standard laser duration tho. You need an atomic clock to measure the effect, ffs. It's almost up there with the old 2% MG range bonus quirks for the Summoner in terms of quirks that have no measurable effect.

XD

Don't forget the -2 Head Armor on that DWF. It's totally unplayable now! pgi pls

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users