Battletech-Mechwarrior favorite books

41 replies to this topic

#41 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

View PostKrolabar, on 09 December 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

Hi all, new here, but avid Battletech player and reader.
I have every novel and I agree that Michael Stackpole is a fantastic author, however, The Sword and the Dagger is an OUTSTANDING novel and if you get the chance, I suggest you read it.

It is ultra rare though.

I despise the blood of kerensky series, stackpole is such a massive davion fanboy that it isn't funny... he managed to make 2 of the most important characters in BT lore either completely shallow (victor) or emo (kai, you guys have to admit he overplayed the hating himself part). I will say that the warrior trilogy was rather well done, even though he made all of house liao seem extremely incompetent despite Max Liao being one of the most mischievous people in BT lore, but that is just because I am a liao fan that I dislike that. also, do a Mary-Sue test on Kai, I did and he scored nearly into the uber sue range...

#42 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

The Grey Death Legion Trilogy
The Jade Falcon Trilogy
The Blood of Kerensky Trilogy

While I have read everything up to the time of Dark Age, those books really stand out. The whole Victor-Omi story was well done, and Kai is one of my favorite characters. However Joanna is probably my favorite BT character, These lines from Falcon Guard says it all:

"Star Captain Joanna, who had never won her Bloodname, who now was among the aging
warriors, could not know that among so many soldiers, she was the ideal Clan warrior. Clan
military theorists as far back as Nicholas Kerensky himself would have admired her total
dedication. On a battlefield she carried in no weight that could not in some way be used in the
combat. Even her hatred, deep as it ran, was useful to the objectives of warfare. And in the
entire Jade Falcon Clan few warriors could build up a killing growl like Joanna."

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users