• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:04 AM

What are you looking forward to?
What are you dreading?

For me I am looking forward to the re-scale and the catapult's redesign. I think the re-scale will be a great thing for MWO and when it comes to balancing the game. This is due to now there is a volume of space filled in game based off of tonnage which will make some lights that were to small now big enough to shoot. It will make some heavies that were to big to not die, now more survivable. Ultimately I believe this will shake up the landscape and help bring more variety of mechs to the battlefield.

What am I dreading, the community. In the past few days I have played a hand full of matches. Some good, some bad. But the part "that grinds my gears" isn't even the game play itself, but has to do more with the players. I drop into a match and 3/5 (60%) of the matches start with perverted foul mouth language being spewed into chat or over voip during the count down before everyone ready ups. I know I can turn off chat, report, and mute people and so this is what I have been doing. BUT then the team game play suffers because of lack of communications (because people have been muted or chat turned off).

Lastly, for anyone in PGI who may see this, I suggest mute be permanent so if I keep getting the same foul language player I do not have to continually mute this player after being disgusted by their vitriol. I also suggest that when you mute them in voip they also be muted in chat. I mostly ask for this because of the lack of penalizing players who are toxic in game for no other reason than to be toxic. (I would also like to point out what I am talking about isn't even trash talking. But it has been players just being disgusting with recounting sexual pleasures and connotations in detail, to even blatant racial and religious bigotry which is already against the COC.)

#2 Egg Fu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:08 AM

Looking forward to many things including the Phoenix Hawk, micro Locust and revised maps.

Absolutely dreading the loss of the radar based mini-map along with usefulness of seismic sensor.

Edited by Egg Fu, 21 June 2016 - 06:19 AM.

#3 BigBenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 571 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:09 AM

I'm looking forward to lots of things, namely the resize of the mechs that drastically NEEDED it like the Zues, Dragon, and Nova. It will be good to see the light mechs put in their proper size ratio, too.

Of course, the Phoenix Hawk. Posted Image

The new micro-map will be nice as well.

The thing I'm not looking forward to is all of the post about how a particular mech has been ruined, etc. I'm thinking about buying stock in Keenex this morning. Posted Image

Edited by BigBenn, 21 June 2016 - 06:10 AM.

#4 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:10 AM

I think I am looking forward to the Phoenix Hawk and down-sizing of Catapults the most. I also am curious how well the command wheel will work.

Least, the upsizing of the Urbie, Panther, Crab, and Zeus (although I'm glad it isn't as bad as it could have been).

Minimap is a bummer, but I can live with it for now (assuming a zoom option is coming down the road).

Lastly, the new Frozen City will hopefully stay just as fun as the old one. Time will tell.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 21 June 2016 - 06:13 AM.

#5 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:11 AM

Doesn't matter.
For me, the rescale only comes on Friday, which is when i'll finally be able to get on my PC.

I'm a weekend-warrior, through and through

#6 BattleBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 541 posts
  • LocationWarren

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:12 AM

Im scared I might ragequit when I see the minimap.

#7 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:15 AM

pirates bane ECM submarines

#8 Egg Fu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:15 AM

View PostBigBenn, on 21 June 2016 - 06:09 AM, said:

I'm thinking about buying stock in Keenex this morning. Posted Image

Great idea as well as too funny.

May need some myself though.Posted Image

#9 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:16 AM

Least. Mini map and the upscaling of already vulnerable light mechs

#10 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

View PostBattleBunny, on 21 June 2016 - 06:12 AM, said:

Im scared I might ragequit when I see the minimap.

^This. The rescale of lights is bad enough, but the minimap has me very concerned.

#11 DarthHias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

I will adapt.

Also salt will be minded when my mini Lolcust rear cores assaults that can´t find me without their mini map Posted Image

#12 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:18 AM

View PostBigBenn, on 21 June 2016 - 06:09 AM, said:

I'm looking forward to lots of things, namely the resize of the mechs that drastically NEEDED it like the Zues, Dragon, and Nova. It will be good to see the light mechs put in their proper size ratio, too.

Of course, the Phoenix Hawk. Posted Image

The new micro-map will be nice as well.

The thing I'm not looking forward to is all of the post about how a particular mech has been ruined, etc. I'm thinking about buying stock in Keenex this morning. Posted Image

You'll be wanting to invest in Kimberly-Clark then. Or proter and gamble as well if you wanna get some of those sweet sweet puffs dividends.

#13 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:20 AM

Im looking forward to alot. The PH of course. Will have 7 different hawks to elite out which will be interesting. Alot of great rescales and adjustments here and there. Well I go in with an open mind. NO praising or butchering yet. Even then I never unconstructively butcher or whine about changes. Let see the coming changes set in perspective and playing with them for some time ( 3 months to half a year) before any adjustments take place.

#14 vocifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 284 posts
  • LocationMordor borderlands

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:21 AM

Looking forward to some activity bump in CW as people will come and test the new features and changes.
Dreading the same people will explore all new stuff very fast and then leave again till next patch/event/mech.

#15 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,934 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:22 AM

View Postvocifer, on 21 June 2016 - 06:21 AM, said:

Looking forward to some activity bump in CW as people will come and test the new features and changes.
Dreading the same people will explore all new stuff very fast and then leave again till next patch/event/mech.

New stuff in CW?

Edit: I mean other than than no more having to play through ghost drops.

Edited by Bud Crue, 21 June 2016 - 06:23 AM.

#16 vocifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 284 posts
  • LocationMordor borderlands

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:24 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 21 June 2016 - 06:22 AM, said:

New stuff in CW?

Players testing minimap, mechs and command wheel in CW.

My bad, wasn't clear in first post.

Edited by vocifer, 21 June 2016 - 06:28 AM.

#17 Egg Fu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:25 AM

View PostDarthHias, on 21 June 2016 - 06:16 AM, said:

I will adapt.

Also salt will be minded when my mini Lolcust rear cores assaults that can´t find me without their mini map Posted Image

Though I'm extremely upset with mini-map nerf I too will adapt by mothballing my Assualts and rampaging on those who don't with my Arctic Cheetah and micro Locust.

#18 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:26 AM

My saying goodbye to my lil' jenners..... they are thanking me with 2-3k and around 5-600dmg per round....

Goodbye.... see us in 6 months... (if pgi decides to buffabit)

#19 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:28 AM

I'm looking forward to the Lolcust and Nova meta.

I'm scared at the Light queue being further devoid (there will be a surge for people being curious, ending with a new bar of 5% Lights in the queue) and the minimap being... illegible.

The salt will flow, regardless.

#20 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:30 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 21 June 2016 - 06:26 AM, said:

My saying goodbye to my lil' jenners..... they are thanking me with 2-3k and around 5-600dmg per round....

Goodbye.... see us in 6 months... (if pgi decides to buffabit)

Look at the bright side, they can't take away the bad hit reg :D.

It might not be as bad of a nerf as you think, although god, it did look like the Jenner grew quite a bit.

Keep the hope alive I suppose :/

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users