Map Needs Some Tweaking

1 reply to this topic

#1 Aerei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:46 AM

Okay, first of all, I'm going to say the size is (for the most part) not a big deal. However...and this may only be my personal experience, but the way the map is handled relative to your mech is very confusing. In most games I've played, your mech/player/car/whatever is in a static, central position, and turning rotates the map so you can see where everything is relative to your position. With this new map, this isn't the case, and your own machine rotates. This makes it very confusing,

in my opinion, to quickly identify when someone is behind you, beside you, etc. Unfortunately, now is when the size of the map becomes an issue, because the arrow representing your mech isn't that big. It can take a second or two longer to assimilate information from the map, which can be fatal. Considering PGI's intent was to make a map better at transmitting information to the player, this is a problem.

I'm not saying go back to the old map per se, but at least make it so the map moves, instead of your arrow, when turning your mech. Knowing where your enemies (or allies for that matter) are, relative to you, is infinitely more important than knowing where someone is halfway across the map. PGI please fix.

#2 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:49 AM

Until today I didn't realize how much I leaned on the minimap for orienting my movement. I may have to turn on the damnable newbie arrow.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users