BattleMechs Metagame Gameplay

13 replies to this topic

#1 The Zohan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:45 PM

With all the negativity floating around in the forums again (after all, its patch day) about the new minimap (I still dont think its as bad as the sky-is-falling-crowd makes it out to be), I thought I create a thread dedicated to the new addition to the IS forces.

This is how I ride her: nothing fancy, nothing special, just a big engine and a good mix of mpl and srm. I gotta say, congrats on a job well done PGI!

Posted Image

Edited by The Zohan, 21 June 2016 - 12:45 PM.

#2 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:02 PM

Same build i was planning before I changed plans and was gifted a Huntsman pack instead.

Looks like a really solid CPLT, which means I'll still probably grab her at some point (plus Lauren did a great job on the paint).

There a lot of good to great this patch. Mini Map is IMO, three only legit bad bit... and it's not bad and of itself, but it's bad because we can't choose between it and zoom map.

#3 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:05 PM

Needs more CT armor.

#4 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:10 PM

I run with max engine, 4xASRM6 and 4xML - with 14DHS it is quite hot but if you get in range it gets nasty. I'm not sure about the MLs yet as I ride my C4 with the same build, just 2ML less. I think they don't really help because the extra heat. I'm thinking about dropping them for some ERLL and gain some long range capability but that'll hurt speed, and speed is life for splatcats...

#5 Dread Render

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 847 posts
  • LocationSouth River NJ

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:10 PM

Wow... I cant wait to get one, That looks great!
I plan to do exactly that also but i am going to drop the jump jets for more heat sinks... more continuous fire. ;-)

#6 Cherry Garden full of Blue Roses

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:12 PM

Go away with that thread, we have more important things to do now! (new mini map rioting)
Posted Image

#7 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:12 PM

Oh and mechpr0n:

Posted Image

fantastic camo, color channels blend in each other very nice Posted Image

Edited by 627, 21 June 2016 - 01:13 PM.

#8 The Zohan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:14 PM

View Postcazidin, on 21 June 2016 - 01:05 PM, said:

Needs more CT armor.

You dont say Posted Image
I actually didnt notice not maxing out the ct armor. So far, I never got ct´d - but I got killed cause of side torso destruction quite a bit. Anyway, thanks.

View PostCherry Garden full of Blue Roses, on 21 June 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

Go away with that thread, we have more important things to do now! (new mini map rioting)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Anyway, maxed out the ct and shaved some armor off the legs. So far, no difference (read as: I never got legged). I might get ferro to max out the armor but meh...I dont see any reason to to that.

Posted Image

Edited by The Zohan, 21 June 2016 - 01:24 PM.

#9 Jenny Templeton

• PipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:16 PM

Loving the Butterbee, but then, I would..

#10 The Zohan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:23 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 21 June 2016 - 01:02 PM, said:

Same build i was planning before I changed plans and was gifted a Huntsman pack instead.

Looks like a really solid CPLT, which means I'll still probably grab her at some point (plus Lauren did a great job on the paint).

There a lot of good to great this patch. Mini Map is IMO, three only legit bad bit... and it's not bad and of itself, but it's bad because we can't choose between it and zoom map.

You wont regret it, shes a nasty little (after the recent rescale) ride. You´re partially right on the minimap, though I advocate a wait and see approach on that topic. Seems like I am fighting like Don Quichote on this matter tho Posted Image

#11 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:30 PM

Wait and see won't fix the primary issue. The large scale map IS useful, despite the QQ. But so was the mini map.

For most uses, the old mini map was simply much more functional and useful. Could back through terrain by the mini map, without having to look, thread between transgress, huge for sniping, medium mech awareness, etc.

We need to be able to toggle between, with perhaps the mini as the default, and the large view pops up on a toggle or when an SOS or scouting alert is sent, to alert us to the big picture. But then revert to the mini in 5 second or when toggle it, whichever comes first

#12 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:49 PM

Doesn't it kind of obsolete the C1 and C4?

#13 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:53 PM

View Postzagibu, on 21 June 2016 - 01:49 PM, said:

Doesn't it kind of obsolete the C1 and C4?

Yep. This Founder is very sad. Posted Image

#14 The Zohan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:12 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 21 June 2016 - 01:30 PM, said:

Wait and see won't fix the primary issue. The large scale map IS useful, despite the QQ. But so was the mini map.

For most uses, the old mini map was simply much more functional and useful. Could back through terrain by the mini map, without having to look, thread between transgress, huge for sniping, medium mech awareness, etc.

We need to be able to toggle between, with perhaps the mini as the default, and the large view pops up on a toggle or when an SOS or scouting alert is sent, to alert us to the big picture. But then revert to the mini in 5 second or when toggle it, whichever comes first

The main reason I am indifferent (read as wait and see approach) on that is probably due to me beeing a cop. I am used to getting i.e.****** equipment so I made it a habit trying to make lemonade out of each (metaphorical) citron I encounter.

But seriously, you are at least partially right. In its current state, its worse than what we had previous. After reading through what was said during the latest townhall, they (PGI) seem to have a (for the lack of a better word) masterplan. Personally, I am willing to give them time (and money). I do understand that there might be people that dont feel this way. But honestly, at worst the "new" map is inconvenient for obvious reasons. It sure as hell doesnt break the game and its not as big of a deal as so many claim it is.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users