8 replies to this topic

#1 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:25 PM

Russ doesn't visit us here in the forums, so a wall of "OMG revert the Minimap" threads won't even be noticed, let alone acted upon.

Russ prefers to communicate via Twitter. Here's a link to his Twitter account, where you can freely share your views.

I suggest you keep your Tweets constructive and respectful. I am trying to facilitate useful feedback to PGI from their customer base, not expose the company owner to the kind of tirades that he has chosen to avoid here in the game's official forums. Thank you.

Edited by Appogee, 21 June 2016 - 01:26 PM.

#2 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:32 PM

It didnt work for the voting system, it wont work for the map. At least the map add good things while breaking other things. People saying they cant orient themselves anymore have no pride, get used to it.

#3 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:32 PM

https://twitter.com/...362076403666944

#4 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:47 PM

View PostRhialto, on 21 June 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

You know... I'd almost rather it not rotate. I think the currwnt style is better for call in out enemy locations and movements becuase you can use compass directions now, and that's much better for communication.

We need the zoom back though. Zoom toggle absolutely necessary.

I'm wondering if we couldn't keep the basic style of minimap we have NOW and add some kind of simple radar too... Many have seismic put an actual HUD element on your screen that shows proximity detections and relative direction.

#5 M A N T I S

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:50 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 21 June 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

You know... I'd almost rather it not rotate. I think the currwnt style is better for call in out enemy locations and movements becuase you can use compass directions now, and that's much better for communication.

We need the zoom back though. Zoom toggle absolutely necessary.

I'm wondering if we couldn't keep the basic style of minimap we have NOW and add some kind of simple radar too... Many have seismic put an actual HUD element on your screen that shows proximity detections and relative direction.

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. Minimap is meant for orientation. Full map is meant for location and gross movement.

#6 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:58 PM

View PostM A N T I S, on 21 June 2016 - 01:50 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. Minimap is meant for orientation. Full map is meant for location and gross movement.

Are you saying you can't orient yourself when the map doesn't rotate? Are you one of the guys who rotate actual maps as well when they are wandering in the mountains?

I don't want to excuse PGI. They should really have included a zoom and an option to get the map auto rotation back. I'm just confused why this small change you can easily get used to causes so much outrage. People seem to tolerate so many bugs and wonky **** in this game, but this somehow is the end of the world?

#7 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:04 PM

View Postzagibu, on 21 June 2016 - 01:58 PM, said:

Are you saying you can't orient yourself when the map doesn't rotate? Are you one of the guys who rotate actual maps as well when they are wandering in the mountains?

I don't want to excuse PGI. They should really have included a zoom and an option to get the map auto rotation back. I'm just confused why this small change you can easily get used to causes so much outrage. People seem to tolerate so many bugs and wonky **** in this game, but this somehow is the end of the world?

Yes, that's exactly what we're saying. A car's GPS does the same thing, it rotates the map. This sure isn't the end of the world, but it's the end of me playing MWO.

#8 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:08 PM

View PostFrechdachs, on 21 June 2016 - 02:04 PM, said:

Yes, that's exactly what we're saying. A car's GPS does the same thing, it rotates the map.

THIS!

#9 Fantastic Tuesday

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:09 PM

View Postzagibu, on 21 June 2016 - 01:58 PM, said:

That's actually how many people are taught to read maps. It works.

Main reason for anger is it completely kills situational awareness of where your teammates are. Without this, team co-ordination is far harder than it was.

This is on the same level as removing the crosshair. The game is still playable but an entire gameplay element is turned into a messy farce.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users