34 replies to this topic

#1 Homadais

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 85 posts
  • LocationPort Orchard, Washington

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

At this time in the Battletech Universe Davion and Steiner or part of the Federated Commonwealth. I was wondering in the two houses would want to hold to that ideal or to just go at it alone.

#2 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

Either way I get to kill them...

#3 Hellen Wheels

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

Well that was a quick discussion :-)

#4 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

Simple, to the point, and ends with House Kurita taking down others- no other discussion needed.

#5 Bad Electric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 174 posts
  • LocationChantilly Va

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

Panther P*ss!

yet another filthy snake rearing it's ugly head...

we all know what ya do with snakes... step on em, then cut off their slimy heads...

there will be plenty of snake heads on the pole outside my lodge...

B E <HHGD>

oh, and what is a steiner??? lmao

#6 DemonSpawn HHGD

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 32 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCleveland Tennessee

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Am i feeling Snake skin boots for every Davion pilot Bad??? What a pleasure to kill a few to help add to that wall :)

~S~
Demonspawn HHGD*AFFS

#7 WuhSawBe

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationIronhold/Outreach

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

I can't speak for the rest of the Lyrans, but I for one would like to uphold our end of the FedCom... at least for a few years till we officially split!

#8 William1984

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNetherlands, Noord Brabant

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

So many snakes, might aswell get snake skin boots for your mech!

#9 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostWilliam1984, on 21 July 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

So many snakes, might aswell get snake skin boots for your mech!

Nah, we will leave the mass execution of a civilian populous to the Snakes. After all it is the 'honorable' thing to do.

#10 William1984

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

View PostEvinthal, on 21 July 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

Nah, we will leave the mass execution of a civilian populous to the Snakes. After all it is the 'honorable' thing to do.

That just leaves us with... snakes...

BOOTS, FREE SNAKE SKIN BOOTS! :)

#11 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

View PostWilliam1984, on 21 July 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

That just leaves us with... snakes...

BOOTS, FREE SNAKE SKIN BOOTS! :)

Posted Image

#12 William1984

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

View PostEvinthal, on 21 July 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Posted Image

*stomp stomp stomp*

#13 Sakon

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:12 AM

hold with the store line.... LONG LIVE THE FEDERATED COMMONWELTH!!!!!!

#14 Guilar

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:27 AM

I'm OK with being friends with the Lyrans. For us Davions, let's just keep our eye on Katherine's machinations. I know we can't change how things will unfold, but the can't we hold the FedCom a little longer than what was supposed to happen?

By the way. will there be true FedCom loyalists out there? We should form a guild or something...

#15 The Jade Phoenix

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

I was wondering why FedCom was not a faction choice in the first place.

#16 Jackhigh

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationMIchigan

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

tactically and for the story purposes its to both our advantages to keep the alliance as long as possible due to the fact that it gives each of us one less possible enemy to fight and greater overall numbers

#17 Skullgrim

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

IMHO, the FedCom split up was one of the harder pieces of fiction for me to buy. I get that there where legitimate points of issue on both sides but I don't see how that would have out-weighed the benefits in real life. - In game, it's a huge tactical advantage to maintain the alliance, especially if they stick to cannon (Lyrans are rich, Davions have lots of high-grade military). Long Live FedCom!

#18 Chuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 220 posts
  • LocationKelestra City, Furillo, Grand Duchy of Furillo

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:09 AM

View PostSkullgrim, on 25 July 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

IMHO, the FedCom split up was one of the harder pieces of fiction for me to buy. I get that there where legitimate points of issue on both sides but I don't see how that would have out-weighed the benefits in real life. - In game, it's a huge tactical advantage to maintain the alliance, especially if they stick to cannon (Lyrans are rich, Davions have lots of high-grade military). Long Live FedCom!

It would have worked as a military-economic alliance. The second you start trying to make a superstate out of it and make everyone live under the same set of laws and government and whatnot, it splits apart. Other than a vague commitment to the ideals of Liberalism that came out of the Enlightenment, the LC and FS don't really have much in common, and when you start trying to make people unite under one government that doesn't have any sort of unifying culture or anything, it breaks in half like a kit-kat. Much like the War of 3039 or the colossal backfire that was Hanse tossing out Katrina's methods and trying his own system to fix the Lyran officer corps, it was a massive over-reach on Hanse's part that blew up in his face.

And frankly, the FedCom had to go because it was a state that didn't have any kind of characteristics of its own. It was just the LC and FS put together with scotch tape. Even when Victor was on the throne of a unified realm it was still two separate states in every meaningful way.

#19 SakuranoSenshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:00 AM

All unions start that way and consider that in real life, Scotland is still a separate nation with a separate culture and still very much part of the UK; only in the last 40 years, at most, has there been any real talk of ending the union and it wasn't taken seriously at all till the late 90s. That union has lasted either 300 or 400 years (apx) depending on when you consider it to have 'really' started.

Edited to add:

On the Union, historian Simon Schama said "What began as a hostile merger, would end in a full partnership in the most powerful going concern in the world ... it was one of the most astonishing transformations in European history."

Edited by SakuranoSenshi, 28 July 2012 - 12:03 AM.

#20 Mordon

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

It is to the disadvantage of both Davion and Steiner to try to break the FedCom early. Together we hold about half (http://mwomercs.com/...ner-sphere-3048) the Inner Sphere. We are well positioned to cooperate with Rasalhague against the Draconis Combine, while being able to provide mutual support against the FWL or the Capellans. Let's keep the advantage as long as possible.

Besides, it's not like the Lyrans can't afford mercenaries.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users