- - - - -

Mech Builds

Help Me Question

12 replies to this topic

#1 Crimsonzombie

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:04 AM

HI All i have recently started to play MWO and have bought a new mech. i was wondering how to buy and add additional parts. I play a Assault Battlemaster and would like to add some lazer and missile defences so i can block incoming damage.

Thank you
Crimsonzombie

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:13 AM

The only active defense that will block incoming damage is an AMS (anti missile system) unit that will shoot at incoming missiles. You need the unit, and ammo for it.

Sadly, I can't get you good videos showing how to do this as I'm on ym phone at work, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly with some.youtube links.

#3 Crimsonzombie

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:14 AM

Thank you how to i get it and im at work two Posted Image

#4 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:11 AM

AMS can be installed on all Battlemaster models. Make sure to check out all different tabs where you can buy stuff, I can't say for sure under which AMS falls though it won't be under Engines or Modules.

You will need to have the space to mount it though, as well as free tonnage. So at the very least you will need to take something off just to free up weight. An AMS + 1 ton of ammo is very light though, 1,5 tons in total.

Most Battlemasters do very well with a healthy complement of Energy weapons, be they Medium Lasers, Medium Pulse, Large Pulse or PPC's. What exact version are you using? Quirks can give certain weapon systems an edge over others.

#5 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:25 AM

View PostCrimsonzombie, on 22 June 2016 - 01:04 AM, said:

HI All i have recently started to play MWO and have bought a new mech. i was wondering how to buy and add additional parts. I play a Assault Battlemaster and would like to add some lazer and missile defences so i can block incoming damage.

Thank you
Crimsonzombie

Hi Crimson, welcome to MWO. You mentioned that you have a Battlemaster, can you tell us the version of the Battlemaster?

I ask that, as there are 7 (8 if you count the champion) versions of the Battlemaster in MWO, and all of them are slightly different from each other.

#6 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:41 AM

It's dangerous to go alone. Take this

As for how... I refer you to Spike Brave's work.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 22 June 2016 - 09:42 AM.

#7 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:56 AM

View PostLeone, on 22 June 2016 - 09:41 AM, said:

It's dangerous to go alone. Take this

As for how... I refer you to Spike Brave's work.

~Leone.

Don't forget these either: https://www.youtube....anajashi/videos especially his whole Steam F2P series for teaching new players.

#8 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:04 PM

View PostSnagaDance, on 22 June 2016 - 04:11 AM, said:

AMS can be installed on all Battlemaster models. Make sure to check out all different tabs where you can buy stuff, I can't say for sure under which AMS falls though it won't be under Engines or Modules.

You will need to have the space to mount it though, as well as free tonnage. So at the very least you will need to take something off just to free up weight. An AMS + 1 ton of ammo is very light though, 1,5 tons in total.

It should be under the Weapons Tab, in its own category "AMS" at the bottom--should be an off-yellow/lime color.

The hardpoint on the chassis is that same yellow-lime color. The symbol is a diamond-shaped crosshair. That's where you have to put it.

[In Smurfy's--what Leone linked--AMS and its hardpoint are colored pink/salmon.]

#9 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:03 PM

View PostCrimsonzombie, on 22 June 2016 - 01:04 AM, said:

Thank you
Crimsonzombie

AMS is not a shield...it is just a slight reduction in damage. Some mechs can mount more than one AMS (some can have up to 3). I usually do not use them because they telegraph your position. For me the slight damage reduction form only one type of weapon is not worth it.

Weapons can be added in the loadout screen. Home -> Select Mech -> Loadout button. You drag and drop them from the colored menus.

#10 Rhavin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationThe Dropship Texas, FRR

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:22 PM

AMS can be toggled on and off, and knowing when to turn it off can help out alot. I don't turn mine on until I hear incoming missles from Betty or if I am in a huge group of players. One AMS doesn't help alot , but I carry them quite often.

#11 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:57 PM

Save up your GXP and c-bills for a radar dep module and learn the maps and how to effectively use cover.
Far more valuable than AMS.
Once (or if) you get out of tier 5/4 you almost never see AMS.

#12 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:04 AM

View PostBoogie138, on 22 June 2016 - 11:57 PM, said:

Save up your GXP and c-bills for a radar dep module and learn the maps and how to effectively use cover.
Far more valuable than AMS.
Once (or if) you get out of tier 5/4 you almost never see AMS.

I think that has more to do with the prevalence of lasers really, as AMS will shoot down SSRM's/SRM's/NARC. Still I pack AMS when I can spare at least 1.5-3t depending if I have dual AMS slots or not.

#13 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:56 PM

With AMS if its 1 slot then it depends a lot on the build. If however there are 2 or more slots then I always fill them and take a ton per AMS except in the WLF-1B i take 4 tons of AMS ammo for that and actually run out half the time. With both modules i think you get 30% range boost, 10% fire rate and 2.5 damage per shot.
Edited: both modules and the WLFs quirks
As for Battlemasters the 2C can take 2 AMS and its my favourite BLR apart from the 1G.

Edited by Violet Vitriol Price, 23 June 2016 - 01:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users