46 replies to this topic

#21 Chuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 220 posts
  • LocationKelestra City, Furillo, Grand Duchy of Furillo

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostSehkmet, on 26 July 2012 - 04:54 AM, said:

We don't actually give a crap about it? lol speak for yourself :)

I'm not sure that, in this context, "we" is inclusive towards Tikonov loyalists. Otherwise you wouldn't have -D on the end of so many mechs you build there.

#22 Ulrik Nygren

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

The planet of Tikonov, I am told is still in Davion hands. So I am quite sure that yes they would produce quite a few mechs with -D on them :D .

#23 Arisaema

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 252 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

View PostNoaceik, on 17 July 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

The Davions are asking because they know they are going to get hammered from all sides.

It's a Davion sammich!!

#24 Chuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:50 AM

View PostSehkmet, on 26 July 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

The planet of Tikonov, I am told is still in Davion hands. So I am quite sure that yes they would produce quite a few mechs with -D on them :rolleyes:

Like I said, it wasn't a very good gift. Clearly they just got themselves something they wanted instead.

#25 Johan Karl Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 174 posts
  • LocationSkye Federation - Summer

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:33 AM

Do you not hear the chimes at midnight? Oh, now be honest, Davion, one cold warrior to another. You do prefer it this way, don't you, as it was meant to be? No peace in our time. "Once more unto the breach, dear friends."

Hans

#26 Homadais

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 85 posts
  • LocationPort Orchard, Washington

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:43 AM

No see the plan is to get all cozy with Davion cement our alliance as it is now. Get ourselvels back on Tikonov and then kick them in the teeth. That way its ours to defend not to have to fight for.
Oh crap I just told them our battle plans. Oh well start the Atlas chucking machine.

#27 Wild Hog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 145 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

Lack of cooperation between Steiner and Davion would be detrimental not only to each of our Houses at this point in the timeline, but also to the game in general down the road. In the coming weeks there will in fact be outreach to members of House Davion to explore possible ways of working together. I fully believe an alliance is balancing for the entire IS. Yesterday is gone, we must look forward or risk falling behind.

#28 Chuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

If yesterday is gone, why are you clinging to an alliance from it? The colossal Davion beatdown is coming, and I'm taking what we can from it rather than fall behind. All trying to play house with those illiterate imperialists does is give us one more enemy to fight for no benefit of our own (which is pretty much the 4th Succession War in a nutshell anyway).

Edited by Chuggernaut, 27 July 2012 - 12:50 PM.

#29 Journeyman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

View PostChuggernaut, on 27 July 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

If yesterday is gone, why are you clinging to an alliance from it? The colossal Davion beatdown is coming, and I'm taking what we can from it rather than fall behind. All trying to play house with those illiterate imperialists does is give us one more enemy to fight for no benefit of our own (which is pretty much the 4th Succession War in a nutshell anyway).

I believe what Wild Hog means is that going against the grain of the timeline set upon us and not working with the canon history we are expected to follow will impede our ability to compete with other factions for dominance. Since we know the "future" we have the insight to know the marriage isn't going to last, but let's face it, sometimes people who don't get on well still remain in the marriage for the benefits which outweigh the downside. When it comes time for the divorce, we'll sort out what is rightfully ours then :P

Edited by Journeyman, 27 July 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#30 Ulrik Nygren

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:19 PM

I agree with Wild Hog and Journeyman, just because things will fall apart down the road does not mean we should break the Federated Commonwealth before its time. Between us and the Davions, we together control the biggest cut of territory in the universe. Lets at least try to work with the Davions, so that we have one less enemy and we can pool our collective forces to crush our enemies.

#31 SakuranoSenshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

Stop using your out of game knowledge (meta-gaming) and also understand that right now there is no Lyran Commonwealth or Federated Suns, we already merged into the Federated Commonwealth. Our characters can either think this is the dawn of a great new age or be deeply suspicious and resentful but either way, it already happened, it continues until events that PLAYERS not characters already know about occur (assuming this timeline even follows these events and doesn't branch differently) leading to the formation of the Lyran Alliance.

And the current period is nowhere near LA time, we have literally years to go before that occurs and a Clan invasion and counterstrike to take care of in the middle.

#32 OvertEnemy

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

I would simply like to say - Pro-Federated Commowealth. I myself may not like the whole FC situation, but it may be what gets us all through this period.... Both Houses have a lot of enemies who would I'm sure like to see us squabble.... Besides, I'm sure the Archon knows what she's doing

#33 BigDuke66

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:50 AM

I think we are still in the process of growing together, if want to name a date the accession of Archon-Prince Victor Steiner Davion in 3055 would be maybe a point were you can say the the FC came really into being.

#34 Wild Hog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 145 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:25 AM

View PostChuggernaut, on 27 July 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

Yesterday is gone, so all of this old animosity from previous fiction/games/leagues/interactions must be put aside. I'd also like to see insults stricken from public posts, they are detrimental to the community as a whole. I'm not clinging to the past, but looking forward. We all need to get used to being Fedcom, until the timeline advances to a new era, with possible ties beyond then.

#35 BigDuke66

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:27 AM

That's the point, yesterday is not gone, personally I would have liked to start with the 4th SW and see us grow together.
Now we start with two realms glued together by the storyline but not by the players that fill up both realms, I guess we see a lot more animosity for quiet a while but anyone should get used to the state we are now in as we know it won't last forever.

#36 Homadais

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 85 posts
  • LocationPort Orchard, Washington

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

I am a Davion man who is the XO in a steiner run group. So if we as a group can work together and put our differeces aside to form a cohesive group, then why can the two houses. Just because we may know the story we konw what happens does not mean it has to end that way. We havethe power to possably change history here. Why is there such a cry not too. If the other factions can form alliances to crash Steiner or Davion. Then why can we do the same. Steiner has the money and Atlas chucker. Davion has the recorces and man power to keep the chucker going. Why not just do it. I am looking at this from a RPG element and also from a survial point of view in the game its self.

#37 SakuranoSenshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostBigDuke66, on 28 July 2012 - 03:50 AM, said:

I think we are still in the process of growing together, if want to name a date the accession of Archon-Prince Victor Steiner Davion in 3055 would be maybe a point were you can say the the FC came really into being.

Nope, well prior. It came into being at the will of the Archon and Prince and they promptly launch a war to celebrate, basically.

#38 Xipe Totec

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

My position on the issue is that Davion is welcome so long as they understand they are the junior member of the alliance and we owe them nothing for without Steiner they are nothing.

If they become a liability cast them aside for the trash they are. They do not need oaths or promises of love and loyalty for they have nowhere else to turn, but so long as they are loyal vassals of worth we shall defend them and their slums.

#39 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

Personally, I don't feel like working with Davions. Everyone knows you take all our money to fight stupid wars, and then provoke a civil war with us.

Free Skye, Free Lyran Commonwealth!

#40 Alexander Fury

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 174 posts
  • LocationCanada, So expect permanent winter camo.

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

View PostGattling Fenn, on 28 July 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

Personally, I don't feel like working with Davions. Everyone knows you take all our money to fight stupid wars, and then provoke a civil war with us.

Free Skye, Free Lyran Commonwealth!

Wow....don`t even know where to start with whats wrong with this........

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users