#21 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:49 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 22 June 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

Mozt players will not go clans you play a particular faction because you have an affinity for it.
That argument is just a poor straw man for those who want to keep 12 v 12.
Nuff said.

Battletech players who enjoy reading about battletech will consider picking a side they have affinity for.

Gamers on the other hand, when presented with two choices and one is more powerful will most times choose the more powerful option. In an rts, a force can be balanced by numbers cause the player controls them all. But, when given the choice of being only a pawn or only a bishop, gamers will choose bishop 9 times out of ten.

Edited by Dracol, 22 June 2016 - 01:50 PM.

#22 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:55 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 22 June 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

Lore can be Followed and the Game made Balanced,
IS to Clan Lasers are an Example of this,
Clan Lasers Do More Damage, but havve longer Burn times to Balance them out,
we have had the 12vs10 Talks for years its not ganna happen, because most players will go Clan,
Match times would then increase and then more people will complain and leave, no good,
Asymmetrical Balance is the Best Option,

Once again, Clan XLs. Streaks. TComps, CAP weight. Gauss.

You completely ignored the part of my post that said Lore should go out the window. I'm not advocating 12v10s. I'm saying why does PGI claim to try to keep 1:1 asymmetric balance while also having things that are clearly better than their counterparts, if there even is a counterpart.

Everything should be available to everyone. Lore is dead. It's been dead. I see no reason to ruin balance to keep the most miniscule bit of lore and have whiners hold things over everyone's head, like Clan XLs justifying every quirk under the sun. I'd rather everyone have access to everything.

#23 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:55 PM

View PostDeath Proof, on 22 June 2016 - 12:43 PM, said:

Really wished that they would have balanced by 10v12 as a start (2 stars vs 3 lances), then tweaked from there.

PGI said from the outset it needed to be 12v12 balance. 10 v 12 was, wisely, never in the cards.

It's no easier (and likely harder) to balance 10 v 12 than 1 to 1, plus you'd need to somehow compel 66% of players to always want to play inferior mechs. That's never going to happen.

It's a bad design idea for a FPS and was never going to happen nor was ever discussed as something PGI was going to do.

#24 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:56 PM

View PostVaskadar, on 22 June 2016 - 04:55 AM, said:

It was supposed to be 10v12, not 10v8

No one ever said that in the history of this game.

Please show me where this was said in reference to MW:O.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users