Panther Quirks Are Messed Up... Its A Bad Joke Right Now!

BattleMechs

30 replies to this topic

#21 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 04:50 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 25 June 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

Yeah, Im with Jaeger on this one, the 10K is actually better than the 9R now, if you want to go PPCs, there is no reason to not use the 10K right now. The 9R is more for those who want to try and be a larger less tanky Urbie pretty much.

That said the Panther and most of the 35 tonners need love, especially after the rescale.

Except the Urbanmech. The Urbanmech will always be a tier 1 god mech.

#22 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 25 June 2016 - 04:59 PM

Ten P is only for when you want do lol build drops in quick play. That 25 percent cool down paired with the ten percent cool down is a nice thirty-five percent. One guass xl two hundred and two tons ammo for the one thousand meter sniper fun. Other than that play them like any other light with med and spls except with that really ****** 250 engine cap. Jenner flaunts its xl 300 engine cap.

#23 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,769 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 25 June 2016 - 05:03 PM

View Postcazidin, on 25 June 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

Except the Urbanmech. The Urbanmech will always be a tier 1 god mech.

The Urbie can always use more love.

#24 Jaeger Gonzo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 05:44 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 25 June 2016 - 03:34 PM, said:

Large damage numbers is possible in any mech, when you are ignored and you are playing on a mp which suits long range.

I have many many many 900+ 4-5 kill games in my mist lynx... after 400+ games of pure pug games, it has 1.8 W/L and 2.51 KDR with 360 damage per game average.

BUT
Is mist lynx a good mech?... Hell no!.... its horrible.
So horrible that people ignore it... partly because its so tiny and partly because it has very limited weapons.
(And for some reason PGI nerfed it in a recent quirk pass... world class herp-derp that one)

Now that the panther is the same size as a hellbringer, it is less likely to be ignored and that is when it gets shafted very quickly.

Scores like this are common for me in Panther, in faction play, team drops and pugging.
I drive Panther long enough to know that is just not noob friendly mek. Fact that you don`t know how to drive one, not mean is bad, most players try to play it just like any other light, Panther is not like any other. Was not in TT and is not meant to be here in MWO. Your post complaining about weak 10K to others Panthers just prove it self that you have no idea how Panther wants to be drived.

#25 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:20 PM

View PostJaeger Gonzo, on 25 June 2016 - 05:44 PM, said:

Scores like this are common for me in Panther, in faction play, team drops and pugging.
I drive Panther long enough to know that is just not noob friendly mek. Fact that you don`t know how to drive one, not mean is bad, most players try to play it just like any other light, Panther is not like any other. Was not in TT and is not meant to be here in MWO. Your post complaining about weak 10K to others Panthers just prove it self that you have no idea how Panther wants to be drived.

Well, I mainly play light mechs.

and before you tell me how lights are played... SPECIALLY slow lights... take a look here:

Posted Image
And 90% of that are done in a narc fox with 1 LPL and 1 MPL

I like the panther. it was part of my main CW drop deck some time ago. It suits my light play style:

Posted Image

And that is not taking into account the huge number of games in it in CW.

Also there is the urbie (which is included in my sig)

The point you are missing here is that why 2 panthers get the much needed agility quirks and the other 2 are shafted.

Edited by Navid A1, 25 June 2016 - 06:39 PM.

#26 Macster16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 576 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:21 PM

The 9R was very decent before when it had a bunch of general energy quirks. I used it with 2 LLs + 2 MLs and it was like a mini-6K (when the 6k was god-tier).

Then it got nerfed a couple of times for some reason (directly and indirectly) and I've since sold it.

#27 Jaeger Gonzo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:20 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 25 June 2016 - 06:20 PM, said:

The point you are missing here is that why 2 panthers get the much needed agility quirks and the other 2 are shafted.

I can`t comment on your clan meks, as I do not drive those.
Panther is not an urbie either.

You missing the point that you want to buff already the strongest one from all Panthers.
Sure Panther probably could use some more quirks buffs, why not, but all Panthers. In current state if you buff just 10K even more, it will be well a head of the rest Panthers, as already is best, not worst like you keep misunderstanding.

I would say again, actually best buff for Panther would be slightly rearrange its hard points, to higher up a bit one energy HP. Not to mention would be looking better and more true to the BT.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 wolf74

• 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:34 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 22 June 2016 - 11:21 PM, said:

Gauss?
AC10?

on a huge 35 ton mech?

yeah,right! Posted Image

UrbanMech 30ton AC20, I have also done a Gauss Rifle on a Spider back when it had a 40% Ballistic bonus, it could reach out and damage you at 3k.

#29 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:37 PM

Do you even Wolfhound, bruh? Really, this thread made me laugh to tears.

#30 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:39 PM

View Postwolf74, on 28 June 2016 - 05:34 PM, said:

UrbanMech 30ton AC20, I have also done a Gauss Rifle on a Spider back when it had a 40% Ballistic bonus, it could reach out and damage you at 3k.

I'm not talking about joke builds man.

#31 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:46 PM

View PostDivineEvil, on 28 June 2016 - 05:37 PM, said:

Do you even Wolfhound, bruh? Really, this thread made me laugh to tears.

Wolfhoud?
Yes, I do wolfhound. That is a good mech. has accel/decel quirks across the board along with heat gen quirks. it does six med lasers, I've seen a couple 3xLLs too.
But what does it have to do with this thread?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users