Players Suggested Updates

2 replies to this topic

#1 OmegaRed53

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:43 AM

I know mech warrior online isn't truly finished but how much of it really has been implemented by suggestions from players? From the beginning to now? And which ones where silenced forever by devs? If possible why?

For example, I know elementals are never going implemented into mwo because the top dev doesn't want it in his creation. Source was during a twitch chat broadcast.

As well as melee option as it is too hard for the dev team to create or attempt. Source was from there old v-blog. They even attempted to explain that though in the book of battle tech has a atlas punching another mech in the face. They say its not part of lore yata blahh blah..

Edited by OmegaRed53, 23 June 2016 - 09:47 AM.

#2 Arguss10

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 80 posts
  • LocationPerth , Western Australia

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:08 PM

What is missing in this game is lore. There is so much background information in books , mags , board game compendiums etc that could be implemented to give this game meaning , but still seems to be missing. Would love to read about the inner sphere /clan life style while waiting for a game. Community warfare is lacking distance in map, meaning the factions used jumps ships to get to planets with certain jump distance.

#3 OmegaRed53

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:39 AM

That would be an easy add-on in community warfare filler. But what I've noticed with a friend is the old mech warriors were based around more on simulation rather then arcade version fighting style of a game. Back in mW mercenaries you wouldn't fight 12 vs 12 mechs because in battle tech they would just nuke the place and be done. Or use aero fighters or heavy artillery. Maybe if the devs did a arena type fighting style it would make more sense in these large groups.

Edited by OmegaRed53, 29 June 2016 - 04:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users