#21 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:31 AM

Because they cost ~40€ each in civilized countries. :P

But yes, make more of them or new ones!
Noone cares about Thunderbolts any more. After all they contained the most meta/OP mechs of the time they were released, didn't they?

#22 Tiger Dad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 176 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:10 AM

@Sheewa, how come you see base price as $17.99 (discounted to 10.79?) I see mine as $29.99 (discounted to 17.99) in USD.

#23 Blind Baku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:25 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 23 June 2016 - 01:34 PM, said:

I'm not saying the Panther Wolfhound is good value, but for $20, you get 3 bays, 3 variants (1 of which is a C-bill bonus variant), no premium (which isn't necessarily a make or break proposition), 6 colors, 1 camo unlock.

The 30 days premium in on said Light performance pack activates immediately. Assuming you even bother with upgrading the basic Panther pack, the included premium time provided is banked.

MC's best value are for mechbays, but only when its on sale (both MC and the mechbays themselves).

Steam packs are garbage... buy direct from PGI if you're going to buy, it is far better value per dollar. Specifically the packs, and with those the active time is BANKED not upon next log in, which is huge if you ask me. In the end, if you're ok with 2 mechs at ~$20us, get them, those skins are pretty hot, but for me, more than ~$10 for 2 lights is a no thanks.

Also, the Panther (10k and 9z*) are awesome fun it you like those kinds of mechs ;)
*I have not tried the 9z brawler since the massive change in height, but the 10k isn't affected too much, IMO.

#24 Sheewa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 126 posts
  • LocationNuclear Boiler

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:50 PM

View PostTiger Dad, on 24 June 2016 - 07:10 AM, said:

@Sheewa, how come you see base price as $17.99 (discounted to 10.79?) I see mine as $29.99 (discounted to 17.99) in USD.

Zone pricing i guess.

#25 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:58 PM

Nice sale !!
Also the Steam users should spend money and celebrate the new MiniMap.

#26 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:43 AM

I see a few people saying they prefer to use the old client instead of the steam client. Why is that? Steam patching is WAY faster, also helps track population numbers.

#27 LegendaryArticuno

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 664 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:25 AM

Thinking about the Hunchback/Stormcrow combo... not a fan of the Stormcrow, but I really like Hunchbacks.

#28 Torarild

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 44 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 June 2016 - 02:48 AM

I don't know what other hunchies you have LegendaryArticuno but I would personaly rather take a look at the Mastery bundle for the hunchback then:

https://mwomercs.com...-mastery-bundle

The hero mech is currently not that amazing I guess, but I would say that pack is overall much more value.

#29 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 26 June 2016 - 03:14 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 23 June 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

Disagreed,
The content is way more worth seperately, MC + premium time covers the price with 40% off. You get 2 mechs + bays with color and camounlocks on top of it. AND c-bills.
Can't trick math.

For the Lights it could be debatable, at 40% off.

For the others not so much, especially the Assaults where you can get a Kodiak pack with 30 days premium for $20, at the $35 of the Steam sale you can have a 4th Hero Kodiak.

#30 YakkSlapper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • Locationoregon city

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:30 AM

its steam, so, who gives a F***
was against mwo on steam from the day was announced, still against it, so, NO SALE! not even if was free, screw steam.

#31 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 04:16 AM

what ever package they offer, its not worth it. In all seriousness they should offer a pack to fix the game at this point.

oh wanna buy a Mech pack ???

#32 paws2sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:31 PM

All grousing aside (no, really, please give it a rest), does anyone know if the Phranken pattern unlock applies to all variants of the purchased chassis or is it only applies to the (S) mechs that come in the Steam packs? Thanks.

-paws

#33 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:53 PM

View Postpaws2sky, on 29 June 2016 - 01:31 PM, said:

All grousing aside (no, really, please give it a rest), does anyone know if the Phranken pattern unlock applies to all variants of the purchased chassis or is it only applies to the (S) mechs that come in the Steam packs? Thanks.

-paws

Yes the pattern unlocks for the chassis (although the (I) and heroes are still pattern locked to their special skins)

#34 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:26 PM

My reasons to buy the steam packs (only when they are on sale):

1. They are hero versions of proven variants. Yeah, they are not all OP variants, but they are variants that are not laughed off.

2. Until recently the only other way to get a hero omni mech was to buy the mech packs. For lights and mediums it meant you had to buy both or go ala carte.

3. For those complaining about mech bays you get the MC. You also get a few cbills to go toward purchasing more variants to master.

At full price are they a good value, no. But on sale it can help you open up a few possibilities.

#35 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts
  • LocationBetween Chair and Keyboard

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:18 AM

I'll throw a stone in the pond ...

After a bit of math and checking, even at full price the Steam Packs offer a 40% discount on the price of *ALL* the items in there if you want to buy them separately from the Store ... the Light and Medium packs are especially good for that. Yes, the Heavy and Assault packs are "less good", but they aren't terribad either.

Yes,the patterns are unlocked for ALL variants of the chasis, and you can apply the three colours to every mech in your collection.

Also, the special S variants from those packs are not really "Champion" or "Hero" mechs ... they don't have the special geometry of Hero mechs, but they do have the +30% CBills bonus instead of the +30% XP bonus of Champion mechs, always nice. And their loadouts are actually good from stock;

So with the current -40% Steam sale, I'd say they are very good value, *IF* you want to invest a bit of money in the game.
I know I won't sway the bittervets, naysayers and other doommongers, but honestly, if no one ever buys anything, this game will die due to a lack of funds to pay employees ...

So, as usual, vote with your wallet. I will. I already bought the Light and Medium packs and the Heavy and Assault ones were on my shopping list, so the sale is just an added bonus for me.

Oh, and while I'm stupidly talking about spending money on a Free To Play game, you can still buy the Mastery Packs for the IS mechs after buying the Steam packs, giving you even better value for money, at least for the Light and Medium packs.

I'm very satified with my Hunchbacks.

Now, back to your usual gripping, grousing and toxic negativity ...

#36 Blind Baku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:10 AM

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 30 June 2016 - 12:18 AM, said:

So with the current -40% Steam sale, I'd say they are very good value, *IF* you want to invest a bit of money in the game.
I know I won't sway the bittervets, naysayers and other doommongers, but honestly, if no one ever buys anything, this game will die due to a lack of funds to pay employees ...

So, as usual, vote with your wallet. I will. I already bought the Light and Medium packs and the Heavy and Assault ones were on my shopping list, so the sale is just an added bonus for me.

Oh, and while I'm stupidly talking about spending money on a Free To Play game, you can still buy the Mastery Packs for the IS mechs after buying the Steam packs, giving you even better value for money, at least for the Light and Medium packs.

I'm very satified with my Hunchbacks.

Now, back to your usual gripping, grousing and toxic negativity ...

This was what I was getting at. You're better served more often than not with a mech pack direct from MWO. In comparison, the steam packs are not worth it a full price and hardly worth it at 40%. Drop it a bit lower, I might bight, otherwise I'll go straight to the source.

#37 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:09 PM

View PostBlind Baku, on 01 July 2016 - 06:10 AM, said:

This was what I was getting at. You're better served more often than not with a mech pack direct from MWO. In comparison, the steam packs are not worth it a full price and hardly worth it at 40%. Drop it a bit lower, I might bight, otherwise I'll go straight to the source.

I've got to disagree with you to an extent. At full face value, steam packs are hard to prove their value. But at their current price they can be a good leg up. Let's use the heavy pack. At 29.99 usd:

2 cbills boost mechs. Both proven mechs. But due to being s variants they can never be sold.
Phranken pattern unlocks for both chassis. And Phranken colors for all your mechs.
30 days premium activated upon login.
3000 Mc
5 mil in cbills.

Current pre-order base pack system. 20.00 use.

Three generic mechs with no boosts. All can be sold.
30 days banked premium time.
Some cockpit swag. And badges.
If you prefer order early you can get a pattern unlock.
6 mil cbills.
2 modules.

To me the value is more than comparable at the sale price. But if you don't like the pack don't buy it.

#38 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts
  • LocationBetween Chair and Keyboard

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:55 AM

Oh-ho !

To rebound on what mikerso wrote, I don't think it's "fair" to compare the Steam Packs to the Early Adopter Packs : the point of those EAs is to give you lots of goodies for free during a short period.

I think that a better match would be the MC cost of each item that you get in the Packs ... or the Mastery Packs for IS, Collections for Clans ...

Let's see, still using the Heavy Packs :

Steam Pack :

5M-CBs ~> 3200 MCs (roughly)
Phranken Pattern for two Chassis ~> 2*1250 = 2500 MCs
30 Days Premium ~> 2500 MCS
Phranken Black, Red, Yellow Special Colours ~> 3*1250 = 3750 MCs (only *ONCE*, if you buy more than I pack, you'll "lose" some MCs because you'll already have those colours).
3000 MCs ~> duh !
Champion Thunderbolt with Hero Bonus (second variant for the Champ with 30% CBs instead of XPs) ~> 2865 MCs
Champion Timberwolf with Hero Bonus ~> 7590 MCs
2 Mech Bays ~> 600 MCs

Whoa !

22.255 MCs, *not* including the colours (3750 more if they are included) ... you can buy 25.000 MCs for 99.95 USD (89.7299 euros according to xe.com) ...

SO, 90 euros to duplicate the Steam Packs using MCs, OR 28 euros for the Steam Pack ... DUURRRRRRRRRRRR !

But, let's take the Thunderbolt Mastery Pack in consideration :

3 Mech Bays ~> 900 MCs
Hero Mech ~> 4875 MCs
Champion Mech ~> 2865 MCs
Standard Mech ~> 2080 MCs

CBs, Premium Time and MCs are are the same (8700), let's ditch the camo and colours, that's 19420 MCs ... 80 USD ... DUUUURRRRRRRRR again !

#39 Coldethel

• Pip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:07 AM

View Postpaws2sky, on 29 June 2016 - 01:31 PM, said:

-paws

Hey Paws. It applies to all variants. I bought all 4 packs months ago and I am very satisfied with the purchase. These are the ONLY packs that include MC. Despite what some are suggesting, they are a good value even at full price. The sale made them a no-brainer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users