Should The Dwf Get Some Structure Buffs?

59 replies to this topic

#41 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:40 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 25 June 2016 - 10:27 PM, said:

I think Quirks have their Place, to give Certian mechs Viability over others,
to give some Variants more Viability over others, and help with in Chassis Balance,
just look at the LCT-1V, hard points Starved Mechs can Still be Viable with Quirks,

if you Still think the DWF is at the Top of the List, the Best Assault they perhaps you should play it more,
Right now, their are Many Assaults that can do what the DWF can but Better, KDK, MAL, KGC, the list goes on,
does the DWF have lots of HardPoints? Yes, but ask your self, can it use all its Hardpoints Effectively?
Make a DWF Build, then Think to yourself,..... would this Build be Better on another Assault?

im an amazing Nova Pilot, but me Being good in a Mech, doesnt mean that Mech doesnt Suck,
if the Majority of People look to a Mech and say, Eh, ill just take (XYZ) instead, that means that mech isnt Good,
for the Majority of people the Nova was SubPar, now thats its Correctly Scaled its much better,
and Many More People can Enjoy it More, as Mechs should be, Enjoyable by Everyone,

the Nova got Smaller in the rescale, this Helped me alot, making my Great Nova Piloting, Amazing,
but just because i can pull Great numbers out of it, doesnt mean others can and it doesnt need a Buff,
if the DWF doesnt need a Buff, the Majority of Players will speak up, that it doesnt and i will Agree,
but if the Majority Agree, some Buff is necessary than it does need a Buff, and i will Agree,
(Get Gud) is a Cop out Response that doesnt Add to the Conversation)

like the NVA, the DWF has Amazing amounts of Hardpoints but is Slow,
and Those that didnt want the Nova Buffed used to say, but it can take 14E, so its ok,
Having Lots of Hardpoints doesnt mean that you can Fill them Effectively,
how many 15E DWF do you see Around?

for the Sake of Argument Post a DWF build that cant be Replicated better faster on another Mech?
Edit- Spelling

So u are saying that even gman in his metamech site is wrong, right?

Sorry dude, you yourself gave an answer: you are doing good in nova, and prolly u aren't an assault pilot.
And that's the reason u also wrote " post a DWF build that cant be Replicated better faster on another Mech?"

Easy: you want speed and maneuverability: don't go with the dire, then.
Do you want powercreep? Expect to be very slow.
DIre is still good, BUT requires teamwork.

View PostNavid A1, on 25 June 2016 - 10:33 PM, said:

After the skill-tree nerf, the dire is mostly useless (unless the enemy is stupid enough to just park in front of your guns)

A kodiak is superior in every possible way.

I'd say, either structure quirks, or agility quirks or some extra toro twist speed and angle.

WTF, you too Navid?

Dire is meant to be a walking turret. THAT'S the dire!

Do you want a faster assault? CHOOSE another one!

#STOPthedevilincarnatequirkmeta

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 25 June 2016 - 11:02 PM.

#42 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:01 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 25 June 2016 - 10:38 PM, said:

So u are saying that even gman in his metamech site is wrong, right?

Tell me a thing. Why are u still in tier 4?
imo for 2 reasons: choose one.

In a tier system designed because everybody can be tier 1, or at least 2, in a short time:
1) you are playing too few matches, like 1 or 2 in a week....so you don't know the game, and don0t know what you are talking about.
2 ) you are still tier 4 because you are utterly bad, and the one who doesn't know how to play...it's YOU.

Sorry dude.

im not saying Gman is wrong, im saying that Any Build a DWF can Bring can be replicated on other Mechs Better,

Also Gman is just 1 man with his own Opinions and Thoughts, and thats ok,
not Everyone has to Agree with him, but he has some Good Builds and some Odd Builds,
since you Brought on MetaMechs lets look at MetaMechs Then?
-
Comp List, only has 2DWF Builds, 1 T2 LR Build(Dire Wolf DWF-B/W) and 1 T1 MR Build(Dire Wolf DWF-S)
both can be Run with a KDK but faster(theDWF-S loses 1AC5) and Mobility is more Important that Face-tanking,
-
Meta List, 3DWF Builds allT2 (Dire Wolf DWF-B/W)Again (Dire Wolf DWF-S)Again, &(Dire Wolf DWF-PRIME/A)
All can be Run on the KDK but again(theDWF-S loses 1AC5) which isnt that Bad as you can Run 3AC10+1AC5,

why am i Teir4? well thats simple i dont play as much as i like, and i like Theory Crafting Builds,
i Play and relax most of the Time, Running Builds like Half/Half NVAs and some Times Troll in a LCT+ERPPC,

nope both are Wrong i usually Play +20 Matches a day,
but most of the Time i Rock in Pub-Q and can Pull Amazing Games,
but i also Jump into Group-Q with my Unit, which has its own Set of Rules,
its an up and down Roller-coaster but it allows me to See a Wide Range of Tiers,

i can Admit im not the Best Pilot, i Run MWO on my Potato at 15-20Fps, and thats ok with me,
but i can Hold my Own in a Fire Fight, and Often than not Train with My Unit for Comp Matchs,
i Enjoy the Game, and i choose to work to Helping Balance and Discuss possible Solutions,

i think the DWF needs some Structure Love, if you think im Wrong thats ok,
Convince me that its Fine, and ill try to Convince you its not, the Majority will choose after we make our Points,
i Look Forward to a Good Debate Stefka, may the Best of Us Win, Posted Image

Edit-

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 25 June 2016 - 10:40 PM, said:

WTF, you too Navid?

I want the DWF to Gain More Structure because i think it should Drive like a BattleShip,
just not a Foam one in a Bathtub, i think if the DWF got Atlas level Structure Teams may wait for it,
as it is now, DWFs almost always get left behind in most Pug-Q matches,
and Group-Q Teams usually take Faster Assaults that can Mobilize,

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 25 June 2016 - 11:09 PM.

#43 Chrithu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:11 PM

Yes please give the DWF structure quirks so I can send more damage it's way for money making and XP gain purposes.

#44 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:14 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 25 June 2016 - 10:40 PM, said:

WTF, you too Navid?

#STOPthedevilincarnatequirkmeta

Yes, that is true. But against pre-quirks era mechs.
whenever i see a dire in any match, i just feel bad when i murder it with my super-quirked medium from any direction.

The dire lost speed tweak, turn speed and torso speed and angle all in one go.

If it wants to be a turret... its fine, then lets give it some turret attributes... like durability. Have you seen those turrets in CW.. those have some tough armor plating
:P

Edited by Navid A1, 25 June 2016 - 11:17 PM.

#45 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:14 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 25 June 2016 - 11:01 PM, said:

im not saying Gman is wrong, im saying that Any Build a DWF can Bring can be replicated on other Mechs Better,

Also Gman is just 1 man with his own Opinions and Thoughts, and thats ok,
not Everyone has to Agree with him, but he has some Good Builds and some Odd Builds,
since you Brought on MetaMechs lets look at MetaMechs Then?
-
Comp List, only has 2DWF Builds, 1 T2 LR Build(Dire Wolf DWF-B/W) and 1 T1 MR Build(Dire Wolf DWF-S)
both can be Run with a KDK but faster(theDWF-S loses 1AC5) and Mobility is more Important that Face-tanking,
-
Meta List, has 3DWF Builds allT2 (Dire Wolf DWF-B/W)Again (Dire Wolf DWF-S)Again, And (Dire Wolf DWF-PRIME/A)
All can be Run on the KDK but again(theDWF-S loses 1AC5) which isnt that Bad as you can Run 3AC10+1AC5,

why am i Teir4? well thats simple i dont play as much as i like, and i like Theory Crafting Builds,
i Play and relax most of the Time, Running Builds like Half/Half NVAs and some Times Troll in a LCT+ERPPC,

nope both are Wrong i usually Play +20 Matches a day,
but most of the Time i Rock in Pub-Q and can Pull Amazing Games,
but i also Jump into Group-Q with my Unit, which has its own Set of Rules,
its an up and down Roller-coaster but it allows me to See a Wide Range of Tiers,

i can Admit im not the Best Pilot, i Run MWO on my Potato at 15-20Fps, and thats ok with me,
but i can Hold my Own in a Fire Fight, and Often than not Train with My Unit for Comp Matchs,
i Enjoy the Game, and i choose to work to Helping Balance and Discuss possible Solutions,

i think the DWF needs some Structure Love, if you think im Wrong thats ok,
Convince me that its Fine, and ill try to Convince you its not, the Majority will choose after we make our Points,
i Look Forward to a Good Debate Stefka, may the Best of Us Win, Posted Image
Edit- Spelling

LOL, I've already edited my previous post because it sounded too harsh :)
Sorry for that.
I'm not an assault pilot, too, btw.
My point of view: the 35 tonners have been heavily nerfed.
With the last patch, they nerfed movement archetype ...to MEDIUM!! now they are bigger and very slow about twisting and acc/decel.
Buffing the Dire means to enhance its powercreep, its enormous firepower, so nope.
As Navid said, KDK is the best assault right now.....BUT it's because actual gameplay: movements and great mobility.
BUT it's the team that chooses gamestyle!!!
We should be aware about that: solo que may differ very much from 8-12 ma team gameplay.

Imo, the DIre can stand esactly where it is: a slow and powerfull mech. Doing it another KDK?

#46 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:16 PM

I'd rather nerf everything else.

We need to stop buffing everything, cause that's how power creep happens.

#47 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:18 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 25 June 2016 - 11:14 PM, said:

Yes, that is true. But against pre-quirks era mechs.
whenever i see a dire in any match, i just feel bad when i murder it with my super-quirked medium from any direction.

The dire lost speed tweak, turn speed and torso speed and angle all in one go.

Imo, if pgi is wanting to nerf mwo speedplay, I would be agree with that.
Less CS fps, less powercreep instakills, more MW/BT, more thinking man shooter.
They did it with 35 tonners, but I'm expecting the same treatment with some other mechs.

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 25 June 2016 - 11:16 PM, said:

Yep. Jou summed up my view 100% right.

#48 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:21 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 25 June 2016 - 11:16 PM, said:

I can agree with that.

#49 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:23 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 25 June 2016 - 11:21 PM, said:

I can agree with that.

Great!
Welcome to the "Stop the powercreep" party Posted Image

#Powercreepexit

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 25 June 2016 - 11:23 PM.

#50 SplashDown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 399 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:32 PM

The DW really does need some kind of speed love..i love the DW and have np usen it...but with the game changing and maps becoming bigger and more open..i feel the DW does need some kind of speed and/or torso twist quirks to stay competitive in future.

#51 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 26 June 2016 - 12:46 AM

View PostSplashDown, on 25 June 2016 - 11:32 PM, said:

The DW really does need some kind of speed love..i love the DW and have np usen it...but with the game changing and maps becoming bigger and more open..i feel the DW does need some kind of speed and/or torso twist quirks to stay competitive in future.

lol, yea, this is the kind of PGI way: "Do you want low ttk? ok, We'll make bigger map!"

gg clothes pgi :D

#52 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 26 June 2016 - 12:57 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 23 June 2016 - 11:42 PM, said:

There are too many quirks in general.

What we need, is actual PROPER balancing and not just slapping quirks on everything.

I think "power draw" will make or break lolalpha warrior online. If done right (IF!!!!), all mechs tankiness will go up and the tons of armour the DWF carries will help it then

#53 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 26 June 2016 - 02:22 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 26 June 2016 - 12:57 AM, said:

I think "power draw" will make or break lolalpha warrior online. If done right (IF!!!!), all mechs tankiness will go up and the tons of armour the DWF carries will help it then

I would like it.
Even in BT, heat stops the powercreep.
But as pgi is doing it, I'm not so optimistic....

#54 ArmandTulsen

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 02:25 AM

YES!

It's paper mache, even with all of that armor, mostly because it's Public Enemy #1 for all players as soon as it's sighted.

#55 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 03:23 AM

View PostTarogato, on 24 June 2016 - 06:46 AM, said:

In my opinion, NO.

The DWF is one of the strongest assaults in the game. It would still be the strongest if it weren't for the Mauler being well quirked and the KDK-3 being power-creep city. Not to mention the BNC and BLR getting too much in the quirk department as well. Remember whenever nothing in the game had quirks and the DWF was the strongest? Why would you then buff the DWF? The problem isn't the DWF, the problem is the powercreep that surpassed it.

totally agreed, seeing that my battlemaster has literally the same armor then a 15 ton heavier mech.

#56 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 05:03 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 25 June 2016 - 11:18 PM, said:

Imo, if pgi is wanting to nerf mwo speedplay, I would be agree with that.
Less CS fps, less powercreep instakills, more MW/BT, more thinking man shooter.
They did it with 35 tonners, but I'm expecting the same treatment with some other mechs.

i dont mind this Ether, i think Mechs shouldnt be able to Change their Engines +/- 50Rating,
slower Mechs Feels more BT to me, but Maybe thats just me, Posted Image

perhaps the DWF should get +31(CT) Structure Only,(only to its CT as it cant Twist too fast)
it would Increase its Survivability but not its ability to avoid being Stripped or Legged,

#57 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 26 June 2016 - 05:12 AM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 26 June 2016 - 05:03 AM, said:

i dont mind this Ether, i think Mechs shouldnt be able to Change their Engines +/- 50Rating,
slower Mechs Feels more BT to me, but Maybe thats just me, Posted Image

perhaps the DWF should get +31(CT) Structure Only,(only to its CT as it cant Twist too fast)
it would Increase its Survivability but not its ability to avoid being Stripped or Legged,

LOL.
You should plan changes not basing them on your skill, but taking into account tier 1 good assault pilots too.

I, and anyone here, don't want to see uberskilled pilots using dire with +31structure and +50engine rating Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

If you feel the need of these changes to do well in a dire.... then, don't pilot it Posted Image

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 26 June 2016 - 05:16 AM.

#58 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:00 AM

To the op's question, NO, but, im all for giving the DWF its old speed back pre skill nerf.

#59 Malachy Karrde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:15 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 26 June 2016 - 05:12 AM, said:

LOL.
You should plan changes not basing them on your skill, but taking into account tier 1 good assault pilots too.

I, and anyone here, don't want to see uberskilled pilots using dire with +31structure and +50engine rating Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

If you feel the need of these changes to do well in a dire.... then, don't pilot it Posted Image
I'm only tier 2 and you don't want to see me in a dire wolf that has any quirks more than it has now. People already accuse me of cheating almost every match. Especially light pilots lol.

#60 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:53 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 26 June 2016 - 05:12 AM, said:

LOL.

im sorry you misunderstand,
im not saying that the DWF should be able to Change its Engine(its an Omni and Cant),
im saying i think that i think BattleMechs have too much to i the way of their engine to work with,
(i think all BattleMech should only beable to increase or decrease their Stock Engine Rating +/- 50Rating)

i am saying i think a +31CT Structure would go along way to helping the DWF,
it wouldnt stop it from Being aDisarmed as its ST are Very Easy to Hit and Focus,
and it wouldnt stop it from Being Legged as its Legs are Just as Easy to Focus,
CT Structure will only extend its life in Stoping it from getting CT Insta Gibbed,

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users