What To Duo With My Friends Blackjack?

25 replies to this topic

#21 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:09 PM

View PostBiadetic, on 29 June 2016 - 02:18 AM, said:

Hey Aleksandr, those links do not work. Can you try again? Posted Image
Been piloting my Battlemaster 2C a lot recently, been doing pretty well so far ! Would be interested in seeing those builds as I'm struggling to fit in the 5th laser but I did take an XL engine because someone recommended it?

I'll definitely have to try a light next then. I made a couple accounts as it's easier to gather up the c-bills to buy a new mech so I just need one for a light. I've heard the Arctic Cheetah is meant to be real good, they're definitely a pain on the battlefield to versus! haha

updated

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...94f26bd2fa1ab11

Edited by Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, 29 June 2016 - 04:10 PM.

#22 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:27 PM

View PostAleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, on 29 June 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

Warning: DO NOT ALPHA STRIKE.

That said, VICIOUS build.

#23 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:54 PM

View PostSister RAbbi, on 30 June 2016 - 03:27 PM, said:

Warning: DO NOT ALPHA STRIKE.

That said, VICIOUS build.

Thanks, and yah, I definatelly dont recommend alpha-ing (well unless you dont mind risking going thermo-nuclear).

I group the top three into group 1, and the bottom two into group 2. Stagger fire can quickly core enemy mechs.

There are a few map locations that I alpha just to shutdown and force my mech to bend its knees (thus ducking me safelly into cover) but I run the risk of internal damage, so even then, I dont recommend it for those still learning the mech.

But definatelly use terrain to your advantage and try to peak those super sexy high mounts to utterly decimate the opposition!

#24 Biadetic

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:43 PM

Thanks for the advice all. Well my friend stuck to his Blackjack and has mastered it and got his modules and I have sat about on different accounts to try to get a feel for a mech I want to settle on to eventually work on and master and have not really come any closer to making a decision.
I have almost all 3 Shadow Hawks skilled up on basic skills but trying to play the 3rd Hawk at the moment I sit wondering why not play a different mech or weight with the same weapon load out and probably gain other benefits.
I enjoyed the Battlemaster heaps but after swapping weapons and engines and such it's left the account with very little cbills and the idea of farming up another 2 variants to master it eventually seems very daunting haha.
Tempted to almost just run a blackjack with him as he's been having good success.
Saying that, I've been playing the hell out of the shadowcat that's on trial and been having some of the best games I've played so far. Constantly high damage per game, most kills often, topped over 1000 dmg in one game which was a first for me and a pretty good feeling ! So I'm tempted to go for one of them but plenty of people have kind of told me not to really focus on one of them.

#25 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:34 PM

View PostAleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, on 30 June 2016 - 05:54 PM, said:

There are a few map locations that I alpha just to shutdown and force my mech to bend its knees (thus ducking me safelly into cover) but I run the risk of internal damage, so even then, I dont recommend it for those still learning the mech.

See also: the "p" key

#26 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:03 PM

View PostBiadetic, on 14 July 2016 - 12:43 PM, said:

Saying that, I've been playing the hell out of the shadowcat that's on trial and been having some of the best games I've played so far. Constantly high damage per game, most kills often, topped over 1000 dmg in one game which was a first for me and a pretty good feeling ! So I'm tempted to go for one of them but plenty of people have kind of told me not to really focus on one of them.

The problem with the shadowcat is not the mech, but the technology base being different from your friend's technology. If you were ever to play faction warefare together, you both have to be in the same technology group.

The Blackjack is an Inner Sphere mech, where as the Shadowcat is a Clan omnimech.

Please keep that in mind when choosing your mech

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users