19 replies to this topic

#1 Wulvar

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:56 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7affafe9c19ab7c

I am wanting to try this build on my king crab. I'm wondering if it would work. It makes use of all the hard points and most slots. Only thing I'm worried about, is getting legged easily. Most people don't worry about the legs on a King Crab. Any thoughts before i spend 2,260,000 c-bills on upgrading this build.

Build that I'm using now:

2 AC 20's
2 er LL
6 tons ac 20 ammo

300 standard engine
DHS 2
FF

#2 Ingga Raokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:41 PM

View PostWulvar, on 24 June 2016 - 08:56 PM, said:

I am wanting to try this build on my king crab.

2 AC 20's
2 er LL
6 tons ac 20 ammo

300 standard engine
DHS 2
FF

junk, no offense but it is,

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c4fe00badc855cf
go with that or stay with your LLas+AC20 , but ultimately KGC builds revolves around dakkas
grab XL if you have money (and good enough in terms piloting ones)
one tip with dakka KGC is aggressive, and stay aim on CT, they will shred your enemy if properly used

and no problem, 64 points leg is common (at least in my builds)

Edited by Ingga Raokai, 24 June 2016 - 09:43 PM.

#3 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:47 AM

If you want to use LL, how about try this instead:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5d7716a2eb9a34a

Basically I abuse terrain and literally hide. Then I accelerate momentarilly just enough that my laser mounts peak over the hill. Fire that weapon group, then reverse back into cover. Rinse and repeate and cool off when needed. The laser mounts are super abusable!

The ac20 is there when someone gets in close, or if my team needs to brawl.

This mech loadout brings the heat, so make sure to bring a cool shot for those nasty fire fights!

Edit: Whoops- sorry- just noticed, you want specifically the 000. In that case, heres a copy of a mech from metamechs that uses ppcs instead. All PPFLD. Dual ppc dual ac20

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...826257435a1c9f0

Edited by Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, 26 June 2016 - 07:54 AM.

#4 Wedge Red Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 103 posts
  • LocationYavin 5

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:56 AM

View PostWulvar, on 24 June 2016 - 08:56 PM, said:

I am wanting to try this build on my king crab. I'm wondering if it would work. It makes use of all the hard points and most slots. Only thing I'm worried about, is getting legged easily. Most people don't worry about the legs on a King Crab. Any thoughts before i spend 2,260,000 c-bills on upgrading this build.

2 AC 20's
2 er LL
6 tons ac 20 ammo

300 standard engine
DHS 2
FF

1) Yes, your proposed build will work much better than the one you have been running
2) Rarely do people try to leg an assault...that said given the chance some pilots might do a leg check so I'd keep a reasonable amount of leg armor

Technically your not "upgrading" anything, your removed/unused weapons go into inventory and can be re-used on any IS mech. Now if you upgraded to endo steel, and drop back to standard armor. That would be an upgrade, and you would have several more tons available. Just a couple tips, first I'd use large lasers, not ER large lasers. And chain fire those AC20s, the ghost heat is crazy on those.

#5 The Schwartz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 126 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:46 AM

It would be a hot build, the combination of direct fire and indirect fire weapons adds versitility for sure but, i'd probably opt for the regular ppc's that generate 2/3rds the heat especially with have a low amount of heatsinks for those ppc's and lrm 20's. By the time you're in brawling range even having the ERPPC's will not be much of a help due to the torso mounted configuration. Honestly i'd probably dump the whole ppc thing altogether and opt for medium lasers and a command consule with a bap. those lock times would be very very short and you'll have that quick identification of weak points for those machine guns. should also allow for a couple extra heatsinks as well without completely compromising what you're trying to do with this build.

#6 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,062 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:07 AM

That's a bad build sorry. ER PPCs are too hot, LRM20s are the worst launchers and your machine guns are too situational to be much use, especially with the excessive ammo levels you equipped.

Regardless of your build you should remove ferro and equip endo even if you are underweight. You will need the mass sometime in the future.

go to www.mechspecs.com pretty much every possible Crab build has been vetted and posted.

Edited by Spheroid, 26 June 2016 - 10:11 AM.

#7 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:34 AM

Wulvar,

I would use this, http://mwo.smurfy-ne...78308a0df8a2bd5

LRM15s, as they fire faster and are lighter.

4 MGs, 6 is quite over kill for nothing, better off just 4, it will do the job just fine.

2 ER Large Lasers, better than PPCs as they are insta hit.

AMS, as a flat top design, the KGC is vulnerable to LRM, AMS helps to reduce the risk.

BAP, for over all help with sensors and locking the opponents faster.

340 STD engine, well to move is a basic, we all know speed is life

51% heat dissipation, to fire none stop is just golden.

#8 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:02 PM

I run my KGC-000 quite similar to your original build, as a second line fire support. Staying close to the brawler and have line of sight of the enemy, overwhelm them with chain fire LRM shake, while the LPL provide more precision damage. The MG are there to finish them off or to remove legs/ST on circle lights.
6x MG
2x LPL
2x LRM15+A
BAP
AMS
STD 325
15 DHS

#9 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:41 AM

2x AC20, 4x MPL: KGC-0000

Your most standard build: KGC-000B

For the one with two in each arm, alternatively: KGC-000B

A bit on the silly side, but still effective in some regards: KGC-000

Edited by Vaskadar, 28 June 2016 - 11:45 AM.

#10 SirSoggyDog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:34 AM

In general, I really don't condone using large amounts of LRMs on 100 tonners, as it really fails to take advantage of the huge amounts of armor, and usually tends to be only marginally more powerful then lighter (and better quirked) LRM mediums.

#11 Kimberm1911

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Earth......

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:56 PM

Eh..... I wouldn't recommend LRM's on a 100 ton mech. Especially when you have ballistic hard points. The crab doesn't lend itself well to purely PPC sniping. Plug on dual guass and you'll be sniping a lot better. The six machine guns just won't cut it in a close range fight, so they are worthless while running ERPPC's and LRM 20's. My opinion, go with dual gauss and a single ppc. Or, alternatively, go dual Gauss and dual PPC for double the pinpoint damage fun. 50 point alpha strike anyone? eh? No?

Peace, and have fun.

*Also........ All dat ammo in the side torso is gonna make your crab blow up big time.

#12 Wulvar

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:05 AM

I still can't find a build that best suits ,me for the King Crab. I think the most damage ive done playing multiple builds on the crab is around 250-300ish. i just cant seem to rack up damage on it. I guess I will play my Kodiaks more even though the nerf bat is coming to them today. I don't know what my problem is with my Crab I guess it just doesn't fit my play style. I thought it would, given i used to play Jagers and Phracts. I spent almost 10 million on the mech with another 10 million modifying the freggin thing. I guess this mech will just sit in my stock pile until i can figure out what im doing wrong. Oh the build I'm running now is:

2 PPC
2 AC 10 4 1/2 tons ammo
2 SRM 4 2 tons ammo probably a bit much...

XL 360
4 DHS
armor std
endo
608/614
armor shaved off the legs

tried the 4 UAC5 build from mech specs still had a hard time with it
but was for only a match or two

I guess I'm just frustrated that i put so much into this mech and got little results. Maybe I need to play it more or is the UAc5 build the only really solid build for the KGC-000

#13 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:57 AM

in terms of weapons, the LRM is a terrible weapon system and LRM20 is the worst. you're better off with 2 LRM10s, or even 2 LRM5s if you absolutely have to run it. but with only 2M, you're better off focusing on the ballistics and energy.

on the KGC-000, the quad UAC5 is really the most effective it can do unfortunately.

you could go full glass cannon or increase your tankiness with an asymmetric build. but my experience with it shows that quad UAC5 is more consistent due to its simplicity

if you want to run an AC20, I would highly recommend the classic BLAM! 40PPFLD build

#14 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:56 AM

KGC-000 has over 30% cooldown on the AC20 with the module. Quad AC/UAC isn't just what it can do.

#15 Doc Arachinus

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 44 posts
  • Locationmichigan

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:28 PM

anyone look at a dual ac20 build with 2 SRM-6s and 2 MLs? packs a nice close range whallop. also can upgrade engine with this build.

#16 Neput Z34

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 244 posts
  • Location...far away from a Land of my birth...

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:03 PM

KGC-000 with 2x AC20 and 2x LL and STD325 done the "right way". The arms have +17 armor quirk, 49+17= 66 armor on each arm is plenty.
Sadly, King Crab makes for a poor missile platform, but it is great at catching them.

#17 Kimberm1911

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:09 PM

If you really want to run the big autocannons on the KGC, run an AC 20 and an AC 10 to avoid ghost heat. The extra weight will afford you a nicer engine and some back up weapons.

*Please correct me if an AC 20 and an AC 10 produce ghost heat when fired together. Because I'm pretty sure they don't.

#18 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:08 PM

View PostKimberm1911, on 13 August 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

If you really want to run the big autocannons on the KGC, run an AC 20 and an AC 10 to avoid ghost heat. The extra weight will afford you a nicer engine and some back up weapons.

*Please correct me if an AC 20 and an AC 10 produce ghost heat when fired together. Because I'm pretty sure they don't.

They don't.

I still see UAC20+UAC10 warhawks occasionally using the exact same workaround.

#19 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:09 AM

How is the dual gauss config for a KG? For the event I am running a 000B(C) - currently the only variant that I own - with 4 UAC/5 and 3 MLS and I am doing fine. I'd like to buy another variant and try the dual gauss config. Could you please post a dual gauss config for the crab? Ty in advance.

#20 Kimberm1911

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:20 PM

View Postinvernomuto, on 14 August 2016 - 02:09 AM, said:

How is the dual gauss config for a KG? For the event I am running a 000B(C) - currently the only variant that I own - with 4 UAC/5 and 3 MLS and I am doing fine. I'd like to buy another variant and try the dual gauss config. Could you please post a dual gauss config for the crab? Ty in advance.

The King Crab isn't the best sniper ever, but it certainly isn't the worst. Here's one with a 50 damage pin point alpha strike.

You could drop a PPC, and bump up the engine to something reasonabl, but this mech deals 50 damage at 600 meters, so speed isn't too much of an issue if you know what the heck you're doing.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fee6c47d4291964

Edited by Kimberm1911, 14 August 2016 - 12:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users