1 reply to this topic

#1 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts
  • LocationInside a straightjacket

Posted 26 June 2016 - 03:08 PM

I've tolerated domination mode any time its chosen; I dont hate it or anything, but its a bit dull. Effectively, its skirmish with forced brawling.

Assault mode and conquest have alternate paths to victory other than superior firepower; domination has the possibility of a circle capture, but its pretty damn unlikely unless you've killed almost all the enemies. So..... skirmishy skirmish mode.

I have a few ideas, I'll keep it quick, and leave some of it open to your interpretation. Leave some of your ideas or thoughts too please.

note: these are general ideas, some of them might contradict each other.

1. Shorten the overall length of the match from 15 mins to 7ish or even lower (im thinkin lower).
  • It would give the team timers a sense of purpose if you had to worry about em when the match timer begins to get low. Those generators would be shot at a lot more I think.
  • A team could still win despite having a severe kill disadvantage. If the team held out long enough, the remaining mechs could rush to kill generators to bring their team's timer down lower than the enemy's when the match timer times out. Bam, win.
2. Add another opportunity to lower the timer. Maybe the generators should also be data up-link points, in addition to being destructible. If you can get one of your mechs into the radius around an enemy generator, then you can drop your team's timer by 1 second every 5-10 seconds that the up-link is held.
  • It might not be in your team's best interests to destroy the enemy generators too soon. You might need to farm time from them.
  • They could still be destroyed to add 10 seconds to the enemy timer.
  • Your team could have an up-link in progress at all of the enemy's generators to stack the bonus. 1 up-link per generator only.
  • Keep in mind that you can't destroy your own generators, you would need to think about defending them from up-links.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:12 PM

i was thinking sticking some defensive turrets in the ring with the dish, and whoever has the most generators gains control of them, if both teams have equal generators, then the turrets go neutral and shut down.

generators have their own bubbles, you can stand in them just as well as the main bubble to hold up the cap. the generators would be moved to more strategic locations away from the main bubble. they would also be neutral and wouldn't modify the timers. if you have a lance holed up at one of the generators they could hold the cap. a scout could march in and blow it up and force those holed up mechs to scramble to another cap point.

similar idea, what if we keep the neutral generators, and each time you blow one up the radius around the dish gets smaller. the radius would be 2 or 3 times larger than it is and cover many strategic locations at first. as generators get blown up the bubble shrinks forcing tighter and tighter brawls as the game progresses.

another idea, what if the dish is mounted on one of those mobile field bases, and it actually drives around the map. so you actually have to follow a moving objective while dealing with the enemy at the same time. get rid of the generators all together.

an easy one, what if the bases subtract from your clock rather than add to the enemy clock. this would make taking those out and defending them more of a priority, especially if one team was sluggish getting into the circle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users