#1 Lehmund

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 219 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 28 June 2016 - 04:48 PM

Hey all,

Was talking with another player today about how the Steam sales from this weekend were weak in content (1 IS mech and 1 Clan mech with accessories). For Loyalists, not that appealing a deal but Steam is a great way to attract new players to the game, especially through sales.

We all know that Battletech and Mechwarrior are recognizable brands that should be leveraged to get new interested players in here playing with us, learning and joining our factions and units.

PGI also needs funds to continue on content, fixes and the like, which is cool to us.

So, just jamming, we figured it would be really cool if PGI would offer some new DLCs that would work for FW, along with their new promo vid effort etc....:

10 Faction mech packs: 1 for each faction, containing a Faction specific deck including:
- 4 proper FW-ready mechs going up to 250 tons (full drop deck). Those would include the typical mechs appropriate through lore to the Faction chosen (i.e. Ghost Bear pack would include a Kodiak).
- Unlock of all Faction colors
- Unlock of the proper Faction pattern (or appropriate pattern) for each chassis
- Perhaps extra C-Bills to modify and tweak those
- 4 mech bays.

There could be 2 decks for Clan or IS mercs too.

What do you think? It would be cool at the right price, good promo on sale for the DLC, get more game downloads out of it from new players.

Anyhow, just some ideas....

#2 IdolElite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA, Terra

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:25 PM

I haven't sat down and looked at the packages yet, but don't they come with a decent amount of MC?

#3 Hoffenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:37 PM

Bloody hell that would be expensive. If the mech's come fully upgraded though... I might just be persuaded to nab one!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users