2 replies to this topic

#1 Kargush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:41 AM

Speak to me of the Highlander IIC. Is it still held to be a crap mech, or has the meta moved on? How badly hit was it by the rescale? What are the favoured builds for the various variants?

I had quite a bit of success in the IS Highlander about a year ago, and so it seems a natural path to take, moving on to the IIC one. What can I expect if I go for it?

#2 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:54 AM

It got made a bit bigger, so now it only just barely fits in the mech lab screen and you can't see the antennas on the back at all.
However, most or all (not sure off the top of my head) variants received accel and decel quirks and possibly some structure and/or armour buffs as well.
Even pre-patch, I've had a bit of fun with them. I mostly used medium pulses, a big UAC with streak SRMs and then a large LRM launcher as well. One variant has lots of missiles because I could fill the hardpoints. Probably my favourite one was the one with two ballistics in the right arm, put double UAC10 in there.

#3 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:52 PM

Two very similar threads...

http://mwomercs.com/...-iic-still-bad/

I always liked the HGN-IIC. It was a bit slow, a bit squishy, but carrying PPCs at range I could make it shine.

The little bit of quirk love has gone a long way. I can definitely brawl in it now and peaked 1000 damage 5KMDD over the XP weekend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users