11 replies to this topic

#1 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:48 PM

Planetary Long Toms - Killing Invasions Matches

If you watch the ques, you will easily see what I mean. Clan attacking with long toms have people in line waiting to play.... against no one. No one wants to defend against long toms.

Other planets at the same time have defenders in cue wanting to play.... against no attackers.

Long toms are dividing the player base into ineffectual waiting cycles. Took almost an hour on a weekend (Sat) to get one invasion match.

Yes, people could scout, etc. But I need the invasion matches now, not scouting and the invasion matches are more fun (without long tom). With Toms.... eh. Its finny the first time seeing it. after that... there is just no point.

Please keep the player ques rolling more smoothly and remove long toms form planetary exchanges.

#2 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:58 PM

Yep, 54 mins waiting for an invasion drop, watched folk jump out of queues once longtom was lost on opposite side or jumped ship when they realised they were up against it. Certainly one of the most destructive elements to attracting players into FW.

Just to make matters worse, the way in which solo or paired players keep getting kicked from the front of the queue does nothing to foster any love for the mode, had that happen 5 times in those 54 mins until finally cease fire kicked me out - net time including searching suitable drops - 63 mins without a drop - - wtg.

#3 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:00 PM

Do scouting missions. Win a few and they won't have long toms.

#4 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:04 PM

52 scouting missions this weekend (since Friday night) so that invasion matches went ahead, no, think I'll pass on anymore.

#5 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 04:45 PM

I spent about 6 hours today waiting... just trying to finish the invasion missions. I had the time, but the faction battles are non-functional at this rate.

Regrettable.

This game is really fun when we actually have straight matches, with no instant death to 10 mechs every 2 minutes.

Edited by Seddrik, 02 July 2016 - 04:46 PM.

#6 LTDominator

• PipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • 80 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 July 2016 - 04:51 PM

played a invasion defend with pugs vs pugs, all was fine, 12 vs 11 then longtom kicks in, half team goes disconnect, lost game in under 2 minutes.

gg close Posted Image

pls remove long tom, it just sucks and take every fun away from the game...

Edited by LTDominator, 02 July 2016 - 04:52 PM.

#7 Darth Continent

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:07 PM

FWIW, I was involved in a match where our opponents had everything; satellite, enemy info, artillery, and we got decimated. Posted Image

If I were a military general, I wouldn't send my valuable 'mechs into such a hostile environment being so outmatched. If we had comparable forces, maybe, but with them completely outmatching us?? No.

There's going into combat in a last-ditch effort to defend your clan's honor and planet(s) or whatever, and then there's walking into a slaughterhouse and saying 'hey, I think we're fuct, shall we go on or O SHI".

#8 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:15 PM

Match where the enemy had just Sat.

We worked on the gates, grouped up for a push... and every last mech was waiting in a line for us. Would have been ok if it was because they scouted us out. It wasnt that.... they didnt even need to.

We clearly didn't get anywhere walking round a corner to face an entire row of clan mechs.

----------

Since about noon, I have had what... 4 actual matches? It is now 8:20p. I don't see how this kind of result is very beneficial to your player base or to your business.

Edited by Seddrik, 02 July 2016 - 05:23 PM.

#9 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:57 AM

Ques today.

3 planets with people in cue to defend... no attackers. Ques are from 3-6 groups waiting.

Where is everyone?

UNU has attackers. About 5+ cued, but no defenders. Why? They have long toms.....

#10 DropshipPilot

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 10:11 AM

The problem is balance vs clan mechs is way off. It is almost impossible to stop streak crows from getting long toms over a plaNeT. The lack of tonnage advantage for inner sphere is contrary to lore and opposes what we customers want from a mechwarrior game .

#11 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:37 PM

Well, streak crows are tough... unless u focus their legs. That, there is a decent counter to, though crows are hard hitting.

I do want to clarify that I like the faction Invasion game mode - very much. Just not long toms at all. I like having to attack or defend and within a time limit or respawn limit reach a goal. That part is fun... just remove toms and settle the cue division issue.

#12 GutterBoy5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts
  • LocationAdelaide,south australia

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:16 PM

longtom isnt needed. it adds a element of extra action in FW (scouting)& greater difficulty(invasion) but its to easy to get,to powerful,to frequent in match.

i think if it was only gained @ 98% so its harder to get,easier lost.
less damage, its just crazy atm

matches vs longtom can be won,but it takes full dedicated team working 100% together.this doesnt happen in most matches grouped with solo players.so i totally get solo players hate of longtom.

full teams hate longtom cause it makes gaming boring / & it steals the kills they want.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users