#21 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:42 AM

View PostFlint N Steel, on 03 July 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

Ok, I have been playing this game for years. I am a Legendary Founder. I have rarely ever purposefully killed someone and if I did it was usually some jack off tk'er or someone shooting me in the back not paying attention and "testing" his weapon groups. I have NEVER just purposefully blasted teammates in a fight. Hell, even with the initial introduction to the penalty system I never saw any penalties....until this morning.

Here I am in a match and fire 4 SRM 6's and just as I pull the trigger a team mate cuts in front of me and all of them plow into his back. Instantly dead. That stuff happens on occasion, you can't control people walking in front you. First TK I've done in ages, several hundred matches at least. Yet I go to get in the next match and I am being penalized for that and have to wait for a couple minutes? What a bunch of bull crap.

Then 2 matches in a row on scouting, which is in close fighting typically, I get 2 more match penalties bringing me up to 5 minutes of waiting around. Why? Because again team mates walked in front of my shots and got damaged. So you're thinking, you must have caused a lot of damage right? Wrong. Less than 50 points if I remember correctly on each match, definitely less than 100.

Now I come out of another scouting match where again my pug team mate walked right in front of me in between myself and the enemy and got nailed by 4 SRM 4's. Come out, another penalty, this time for 10 minutes. Again, very little overall damage.

This system is suppose to be designed for people who PURPOSEFULLY cause LARGE amounts of damage. Even if it counts accidental hitting which is obviously does, I am not causing large amounts of damage, match after match after match.

I am so irritated right now it's not even funny. I have never received penalties before and now suddenly 4 or 5 matches here this morning I have? Something is off here. Something is wrong. If this is how the penalty system is going to be working now then my time on this game is going to end.

Be irritated all you want, but the facts speak for themselves. As I read (before I stopped)...

First you had a 2 minute penalty
Then you had a 5 minute penalty

I call bullcrap.

Why?

Because I accidentally killed a teammate a few nights ago when I was in heat vision and saw a red box over a robit at the end of the game, fired... teammate was literally hugging robit. Teammate died--I apologized, everyone laughed. I got a TEN SECOND PENALTY.

Let that sink in.

I killed one teammate and got a TEN SECOND PENALTY. Let's translate to numbers:

10 seconds

For 1 teamkill.

I don't teamkill often. It is rare.

But you--you come here and expect us to have a pity party because you got a 2 minute penalty then a 5 minute one and you are insisting you don't have issues and it is not your fault?

Please.

IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT. START PAYING ATTENTION.

#22 Big Bertha 00

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 78 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:41 AM

This reminds me of one of my favorite in game exchanges recently.

Me- ...crosses field and runs out to engage enemy.

Teammate- shoots me in the back.

Me- "Ouch!"

TM- "You shouldn't have went in my line of fire"

Me- "Maybe don't shoot next time your teammate is in front of you"

TM- "If you don't get in front of me, I won't shoot you."

Me- " You're the best"

TM- "I know"

-------------------------------------

My opinion: More penalties for team damage.

#23 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:49 AM

Really? I mean, cmon.. Nerf the penalty system thread?
2 matches you have an issue with this and you post a thread?

$#%#$%* What the hell is going on with this game?

#24 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:10 PM

There's no way you get to 10 minutes with what you described in the OP.

#25 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:50 AM

View PostFlint N Steel, on 03 July 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

My point is I have been playing this game for years. It has nothing to do with trigger discipline. You don't want to get hit? Don't walk in front of team mates already engaged in fighting. That is just stupid. If you get hit in the middle of a fire fight because you walk in front of team mates, that is your own stupidity.

I have gone hundreds of matches with no TK's and very rarely do I actually hit teammates for more than a few points. When I do it's because THEY walked in front of ME while already engaged. I can't control that

I am sure stuff happwens...... but I have yet to trigger the timer due to team damage....... and I play nothing but lights..... Of course I am sure my team mates in their rush to get the kill shot while I was knife fighting with my Jenner D pre patch have gotten plenty of team damage.

#26 Talorien

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:59 AM

The absolute worst penalty is that reconnects after >2 min in Invasion get no rewards for that match. It's very easy to miss the 2min window if a reboot is needed.

It's brutal. It's effectively a 45 min + 300+k Cbills + XP + LP penalty (time wasted waiting and in match).

#27 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:20 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 04 July 2016 - 03:40 AM, said:

They should add a penalty for morons who stop on ramps or block choke points. Top tier guys too.

Had a clown in a K2 stop at the apex of the ramp on crimson with five of us behind him. Then starts backing into me as i was second in the conga line. He bailed off the side and I took the alpha intended for him while everyone else backed out. Those who backed down got slammed by those coming out of the tunnel, turkey shoot.
Top scoring pilot pretty well known here on the forums. His excuse was he is too valuable to lose over the rest of us.

Took a lot of self control not to alpha his behind. He did have high score and was last man standing but the hate he generated was equal to it and we still lost the match but his scores stayed high.

So your saying your not aggressive?

Incidentally the moron clown has a video about that game:

It is true that I stopped for a moment, I didn't step back, and you DID shot me in the back in less than one second. I also fail so see my alleged "excuse". I wont comment on the rest of the game lets the video talk for me.

Have a nice day.

Edited by EvilCow, 07 July 2016 - 07:26 AM.

#28 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:45 AM

Ok, I have been playing this game for years. I am a Legendary Founder. I have rarely ever purposefully killed someone and if I did it was usually some jack off tk'er or someone shooting me in the back not paying attention and "testing" his weapon groups. I have NEVER just purposefully blasted teammates in a fight. Hell, even with the initial introduction to the penalty system I never saw any penalties....until this morning.

Here I am in a match and fire 4 SRM 6's and just as I pull the trigger a team mate cuts in front of me and all of them plow into his back. Instantly dead. That stuff happens on occasion, you can't control people walking in front you. First TK I've done in ages, several hundred matches at least. Yet I go to get in the next match and I am being penalized for that and have to wait for a couple minutes? What a bunch of bull crap.

Then 2 matches in a row on scouting, which is in close fighting typically, I get 2 more match penalties bringing me up to 5 minutes of waiting around. Why? Because again team mates walked in front of my shots and got damaged. So you're thinking, you must have caused a lot of damage right? Wrong. Less than 50 points if I remember correctly on each match, definitely less than 100.

Now I come out of another scouting match where again my pug team mate walked right in front of me in between myself and the enemy and got nailed by 4 SRM 4's. Come out, another penalty, this time for 10 minutes. Again, very little overall damage.

This system is suppose to be designed for people who PURPOSEFULLY cause LARGE amounts of damage. Even if it counts accidental hitting which is obviously does, I am not causing large amounts of damage, match after match after match.

I am so irritated right now it's not even funny. I have never received penalties before and now suddenly 4 or 5 matches here this morning I have? Something is off here. Something is wrong. If this is how the penalty system is going to be working now then my time on this game is going to end.

I dont know ... maybe you should stop attacking your teammates each match?

#29 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:32 AM

Battlefield awareness is hard.

When you're swarming in a scout mission, don't hold position while another circles. Circle in the same direction. Stop shooting your teammates and blaming them for trying to avoid enemy fire.

And as with any hunters safety course, the person pulling the trigger is responsible for what gets hit. If there is any question about the shot, you don't take it. 3 TK's in a row says you need to look deep within yourself for the problem and understand this isn't a pug drop peek n poke match. It's a high speed brawl. Maybe you can't keep up with the pace.

#30 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:15 AM

This thread disappoints.

OP, unless you have some really long personal trigger delay time, you're literally doing it wrong with SRM. It's almost as if you are shooting from the furthest possible range (and I still see people doing this) and hope their SRMs hit their target.. woefully missing and inadvertently hitting other stuff. That's solely on you.

The penalty system certainly needs a major change - but those are for discos... particularly in FW... where the 2 min window is too effing damn short and unreasonable (especially when there's a # of bugs in FW, preventing one from dropping properly).

That's needs a wholesale change - not this "my inability to shoot SRMs into targets" problem.

#31 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:26 AM

View PostEvilCow, on 07 July 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

It is true that I stopped for a moment, I didn't step back, and you DID shot me in the back in less than one second. I also fail so see my alleged "excuse". I wont comment on the rest of the game lets the video talk for me.

Priceless. Dat 115 damage in the elite heavy mech. Wonder if his team damage was higher than that lolz.
Lost 50% of my mech the other day when that dude decided to stand right behind me outside of any choke point. Guess he wanted to snipe at those targets 600m away with his medium lasers and use me as cover.

But what could we top scoring moron clowns possibly know?

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 07 July 2016 - 12:29 PM.

#32 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:23 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 07 July 2016 - 09:26 AM, said:

Priceless. Dat 115 damage in the elite heavy mech. Wonder if his team damage was higher than that lolz.
Lost 50% of my mech the other day when that dude decided to stand right behind me outside of any choke point. Guess he wanted to snipe at those targets 600m away with his medium lasers and use me as cover.

But could we top scoring moron clowns possibly know?

lol

#33 SuomiWarder

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:32 PM

So in hundreds of matches you had one unlucky string of shooting those that all managed to step in front of you at just the wrong time and things need to be changed? Complain again when it is twenty days in a row and other people are having the same problem.

#34 Cavalcade

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:40 PM

Twice now I've been penalized five minutes (after the match has ended) I'M MECH-LESS, FORCED TO SPECTATE UNTIL VERY END AND THE MATCH OFFICIALLY ENEDED. Seriously guys. What the heck is the deal? I had no TK's, like 10 team damage, didn't disconnect early. Fix please. Please. This is getting fairly counter-productive if we're striving to encourage players. I've been gleefully enjoying MWO for years now and I can't recall when I've been more frustrated after 'playing by the rules'.

#35 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:56 PM

View PostFlint N Steel, on 03 July 2016 - 09:55 AM, said:

Good lord, what part do you not understand? I have gone hundreds of matches, until I started doing these scout matches, where my average team damage is less than 10 and in most games zero. THEY are the idiots who need to learn how to pay attention.

Here is where you go wrong. You put all the blame on the other players and do not have any discipline in your fire.

*IF* they keep walking in front of you, why do you keep shooting from that spot into your team mates? Did you tell them in chat or in comms that they are walking into your fire AND did you try to move your weapons fire out of the way so you did not shoot them?

While your team members -may- be at fault, it sounds like there is more that -you- could do to avoid this situation.

Edit: You might not be able to control what your team mates do but you can control what you do while also attempting to influence your team mates to avoid FF altercations.

Incidentally the moron clown has a video about that game: It is true that I stopped for a moment, I didn't step back, and you DID shot me in the back in less than one second. I also fail so see my alleged "excuse". I wont comment on the rest of the game lets the video talk for me. Have a nice day.

*drops mic*

You quite literally did nothing wrong here, in fact, stopping to take that shot was absolutely the right thing. #killsecured

Getting shot in the back like that, you were literally stationary for a second or two so idk why it even needed to happen. The guy then walks off the platform and falls down wtf?

Edited by White Bear 84, 27 July 2016 - 05:04 PM.

#36 PyckenZot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 870 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAnderlecht, Belgium

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:37 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 27 July 2016 - 04:56 PM, said:

Getting shot in the back like that, you were literally stationary for a second or two so idk why it even needed to happen.

Simple. Short fuses on certain players,...

#37 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:24 AM

Incidentally the moron clown has a video about that game:

Have a nice day.

This was totally a necro thread, but I missed this part, so I'll comment anyways just cuz I've nothing better to do right now.

This video right here? It's priceless. Really.

This is exactly why people SHOULD run raptr/plays.tv or gforce experience/shadowplay - being able to say after the fact "Hey, I'm keeping that match" for these purposes? It's magic.

Anyways, thanks for posting that when you did, Evilcow. Much delayed, but it's still golden.

#38 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:36 PM

+1 bump

#39 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:00 PM

I think anyone under 200 damage should have to wait 20 minutes. Would that be a good change?

#40 Nerdboard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:27 PM

I dont feel like hitting the kid on the ground but I'll have to agree with most people here that it is most likely your fault.

My personal recommendation would be to take some minutes thinking about what you could have done differently after such matches before starting to make a rage post. The penalty actually gives you time for exactly that.

Also people need to stop with that founder bullcrap. No one cares.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users