Replacement For Long Tom

3 replies to this topic

#1 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:24 AM

Simple change. Turn the long Tom into an upgrade to the mobile field base in counter-attack. The upgrade ads on artillery Cannon that fires the typical improved artillery strike that our Mech modules fire. This uses the same timer and targeting mechanics as the current long ton. Destroying the mobile field base will disable the artillery for the remainder of the match. In the case of invasion mode Defenders and attackers on both modes if they gain long Tom add a mobile field base to their base or drop zone in case of attackers.

this would add another dynamic as destroying this objective would actually mean something. Sometimes Defenders would have to sortie out of the base to disable enemy artillery. Both sides would actually place value on the Omega objective during counter-attack.

Having long Tom in this form would be far less powerful but still a worthwhile advantage. Also unlike now it can be countered with solid play instead of odd ball tactics that only hyper organized groups can pull off.

#2 M A N T I S

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:29 AM

Excellent idea.

#3 HumpingBunny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:33 AM

YES!! I agree.

#4 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:26 PM

I fully support this idea but make it a giant field comm relay. If you can't get coordinates you can't drop artillery.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users