So... Where Are The Clans?

14 replies to this topic

#1 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:30 AM

Either you have a planet with longtom, where all the clans are at invasion, but only a handful is in scout mode.
And some of those constantly tell you to stop complaining about LT and scout better, even if no one complains.

Or you have "balanced" scouting on a planet where there clans are at a 1:4 ratio if at all against IS players.

So they either fight when they have long tom or not at all?

Pugging in FW is hard enough, but not finding any matches because there are simply no clans to defend against is frustrating. And as Davion I am not allowed to attack a clan world (or at least take part in one).

#2 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:38 AM

Having Long Tom is a safe garantee for victory for the having side

#3 Duncan Aravain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 416 posts
  • LocationBehind you with a sharp tool...er,mech

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:51 AM

Plenty of players are min/maxing FW at the moment. Mechanics and mechs are broken and many players are going for the easy wins anyway they can. Notice how many merc units are over at CJF for the FW event? Why face a tough fight when you can get PUG scouting lances in certain OP clan mechs to tilt the balance quickly to call in the Long Tom artillery and coast to victory after victory? IS loyalist units like yours are a dying breed, mainly because we've all run into the same thing you are experiencing.

#4 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:52 AM

beside winning the planet it is a guarantee that you won't have an OpFor till the cease fire hits.

View PostBlack Ivan, on 04 July 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

Having Long Tom is a safe garantee for victory for the having side

#5 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:53 PM

Long Tom is farming.

#6 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:28 PM

LT is the farmer then cause your kills and damage go down when you have it.

#7 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 04 July 2016 - 06:14 PM

Long Tom is MVP of Phase 3.

#8 Albino Boo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 281 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:24 AM

The reality is that only Jade Falcon is active currently. That means that only planet is going to be attacked per phase. The planet is normally 50%-60% taken before the longtom comes up.

#9 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:34 AM

Can't speak for other clans because i'm currently running on JF contract, but JF players seem to play invasion regardless of LT during this event.
I guess IS would lose the vast majority of matches against JF on steiner planets even if it wasn't for LT.

The terribadness is just too rampant on IS side currently. I witnessed a 9man of one of the largest, if not the largest loyalty steiner unit losing their defending drop on sulfur against pugs... without LT even being up. I saw IS puggels going mad on LT in a full pug vs. pug match, blaming the loss solely on it, even if they were down 3:27 on their counterattack before LT even came up.

Don't think JFs activity is in any form linked to LT, because they don't need it to curb stomp IS. Faction inbalance is simply too big in JFs favor currently.

Edited by meteorol, 05 July 2016 - 05:34 AM.

#10 Feral Goose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:47 AM

I would prefer to see Long Tom be turned into a modified artillery strike.

The improved artillery strike is:
Calls in a barrage of long range artillery. 10 shells drop into the targeted area after a 4 second flight time delay. Each shell does 10 points of damage. Consumed on use.

The Long Tom version should be something like this but with possibly 3-5 times as many shells in a much much larger area then the standard improved arty strike. This can still possibly kill damaged mechs (like arty strike can) as well as soften up fresh mechs, with out the kill-stealing carnage of the current Holy-hand-grenade we have.

#11 A Shoddy Rental Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOn my Island, There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:33 AM

Clan Jade Falcon is currently 17% of Faction Warfare. Even -50% payout is not enough to deter everyone from joining.

Obviously P.G.i. attempt at balancing FW has failed.

Just like FW has failed and will be dead as soon as this event its over.

#12 SteelMantis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 179 posts
  • Locationon the shifting sands of the meta

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:13 PM

View PostThe Nerf Bat, on 05 July 2016 - 09:33 AM, said:

Just like FW has failed and will be dead as soon as this event its over.

FW wasn't dead before this and I expect it will get a small population boost because of the event.

If you want action though you have to accept that there are too many factions for the current population and move where the fighting is. I recently broke my Kurita contract and bounced around a bit until I found a place where I could get drops regularly. I expect Davion is a similar position as Kurita.

#13 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:14 AM

Here is an idea instead of how it currently works what if it came up every 5 minutes was command designated and dropped an arty strike equivalence on an entire grid box? Since it is command fall it becomes a risk reward tool since you need a scout to pinpoint enemy location or risk wasting it.

#14 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:33 AM

View Post627, on 04 July 2016 - 10:52 AM, said:

beside winning the planet it is a guarantee that you won't have an OpFor till the cease fire hits.

see thats a problem, unlock LT and you won't get opponents, causing a harder to conquer situation as well as making the game unfun. Lats time we only defend planets because trying to attakc was pointless, unless you like waiting for drops and call that a game. FW is evry broken by the way it currently is designed towards the population.

remove any cheesefire nonsense, make a planet flip ownerhsip if 80% is conquered and border proceeds. Make ghostdroptime lower.

That way it will surely happen that offtimes of a faction will cause a lot losses, but all RvR games have that issue, however it will grant people participating more direct influence at the time they play and not that, only a few matches before ceasefire counts or, lets hope we get enough ghostdrops before cheesefire because no defenders show up.

but for every faction currently not holding at leats like 4 full dropships nearly 24/7 CW FW is a pointless attemp.

#15 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:31 AM

yeah this whole mechanich with cease fire is dumb... look at planetside 2 for example, if one faction is alone on a continent it'll get the lockdown without problems. but the next day when people are online it'll flip again. This whole map should be more dynamic...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users