Rookie

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 3 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationTexarkana, TX

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:56 AM

The long tom is so outrageously, stupidly over-powered that it's funny... This HAS to change... It makes no sense for something to drop out of the sky that you have maybe 3 seconds to react to, IF you see the small amount of purple smoke, that insta-kills you in light/medium mechs or blows your back out and massively weakens your front in heavy/assault mechs... Faction Wars were already hard enough for IS (not complaining about that at all, that's lore and people not playing properly (trying to fight Clan mechs at range)), but this doesn't make any sense. If any team has a long tom, the opposing team literally can't win, unless they just charge in and stack up on the enemy team and even still, the enemy team would probably wind up winning in that situation anyways since all 12 of them won't be stacked on top of each other. It needs to be removed from the game entirely or completely altered to where it at least puts purple smoke in the entire area it's going to hit (considering it's apparently a 500-1000m wide area) or to where the damage is cranked down at least 50%. There's nothing you can do to avoid it... Another thing you could do is set it up to where a "commander" has to aim it at least... The auto-aim mechanic is way too strong and takes out massive groups in a mode where you generally have to stick together. At least increase the cooldown of it. It's at roughly one minute, which means every minute, or whatever the cooldown is, someone is guaranteed to die. This has to change. I'm not "raging," just stating that this simply isn't fair... Even if the long tom was on my team, I wouldn't enjoy it... Yes, you get a guaranteed win, but you lose a lot of C-Bills and the complete lack of competition wouldn't be enjoyable. I know this can't be the only post on the long tom, but it just doesn't make sense. Did the developers even test the system out completely?!? If so, I can't see in any shape, form, or fashion how this could even pass the "balancing" phase of the in-game test. From what it seems, if anyone owns a long tom, they'll NEVER lose the planet...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users