Frontline Sale

57 replies to this topic

#41 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 10:58 AM

Thanks for this sale. I have been considering buying either a Summoner or a Mad Dag chassis for a while now. With this sale I was able to buy the MDD-Prime, MDD - A and MDD - C plus still had enough left for the MDD - B arm Omnipods. Now all I need is another double XP event so I can Elite all three of them in one weekend.

#42 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:59 AM

I would buy some of these mechs if it was combined whith mechbay sale.

Edited by Apollo777, 10 July 2016 - 11:00 AM.

#43 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:21 PM

Pretty nice sale. Might consider the Inner Sphere rubbish Mechs although I have enough Mechs left to master. Camowise..well, I will wait for another 50% off-sale.

#44 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:40 PM

View PostKalleballe, on 08 July 2016 - 03:04 AM, said:

If no mechbay sale ever, then they should make an official announcement about it.

That would be a huge boost to mech bay sales, and they aren't super pricey

#45 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:50 PM

Do colors ever go on sale by the way?

#46 GetinmyBellah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, USA

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:49 PM

View PostCranky Puppy, on 07 July 2016 - 06:14 PM, said:

Yay....im going to buy me mechs....never mind...need a bay to put it in! You all at PGI would make more money if you put up a MECH BAY SALE!

also

HAVE A FREAKIN MODULE SALE....AT 75% OFF FOR YOUR SHAME....IT IS ABOUT TIME FOR THE MODULE SALE...DID SOMEONE GET FIRED AT PGI FOR PUTTING UP THE LAST MODULE SALE....HIRE THAT GUY BACK!

Since closed beta I have never encountered a Mech Bay Sale. I have never whined, screamed or wanted for a mech bay sale, and that's because I am able to come up with a meager $7 to support MW:O - if you enjoy the game and have run out of of the additional mech bays through FW. Then how about scrounging around the house and car, if you own one and support the developers that have you wanting a mech bay so badly. 300MC is not a lot to ask for a mechbay...

I am so tired of hearing, mechbay for FREE (because that's what you want, not a sale) - time and time again. If you are unable to come up with a meager sum to purchase 4 bays for a game you obviously enjoy playing. Then help support the people that bring you all these hours of enjoyment for a measly seven bucks folks! Otherwise, please stop harping about it time and time again. In all my time playing MW:O I have never wanted a bay sale, because this is a true F2P game and I do not, nor will I ever complain or want for a bay "sale", when the cost is 300MC! Not to mention the means you can acquire free bays by playing the game (le sigh).

#47 KillerWarGuy

Rookie

• The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:26 PM

View Postzachyattacky, on 07 July 2016 - 02:38 PM, said:

Awesome, so glad I just bought 2 Nova chassis last week, super cool

I did the same thing4!

#48 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:45 PM

You want discounted mech bays, buy a locust mastery bundle. Sell the mechs. The champion is worth about 1.9 million cbills and pirate's bane about 2.1 million, and the basic model fetches around 600k. You are left with three mech bays and 30 days of premium time. Costs $13 last I checked. 30 days of premium time alone is $12.

#49 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 11 July 2016 - 12:02 AM

<*Looks at all the unnecessary Anti-"Mech Bay Sale" salt... and then laughs*>

Wow... people think others are asking for Mech Bays for FREE? That's one of the most humorous laughs I've ever had, because your thoughts are incorrect, folks! We who ask for a sale are only asking for a '50% Off' sale like what once happened before in the last 8 months, as it would be equally beneficial for PGI due to how people would loosen their 'purse strings' on their Real $$$ just to pick some up at the kind of price they're waiting for! Just trace back through the Announcements Forum, for I'm sure you'll find it! :lol:

BTW, it's now far harder than it should ever be to get Mech Bays from Achievements. 'FW, Phase 3' really screwed over New Player Retention, in part due to the increased difficulty to get those for actually building a proper stable of Mechs to be ready for various situations, and the reasons to that have been discussed and stated elsewhere. Most any New Player will also quickly give up and leave again due to finding the game without an 'inviting feel', and getting choked for space to store Mechs before they could feel enough enjoyment to actually put money into the game. Oh well, there goes MWO to the Hyenas... -_-

~Mr. D. V. "FREE 'Mech Bays'? NOPE, we asked only for a '50% Off' Sale." Devnull

#50 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:22 AM

I generally don't bother with such sales as the camo unlocks are pointless when 1-shots only cost a pittance in comparison and the mechs currently offered...well.... I already got my novas and mad dogs... hate the crabs, and am generally indifferent to the catapults. They'd need too much in upgrades for me to really want to use them though I already know how I'd build them.

#51 Willothius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 187 posts
  • LocationThe Great Mechbay In The Sky.

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:44 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 11 July 2016 - 12:02 AM, said:

~Mr. D. V. "FREE 'Mech Bays'? NOPE, we asked only for a '50% Off' Sale." Devnull

Isn't that the same as "buy 1, get 1 for free"??

EDIT:
Prices are completely reasonable (about 1€ per bay for EU) and I'm all for sponsoring PGI a few bucks, but at 85+ mechbays I feel I contributed my share, so a sale would be most welcome indeed! ;)

Edited by Willothius, 11 July 2016 - 05:11 AM.

#52 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:38 AM

View PostOmniseed, on 10 July 2016 - 02:50 PM, said:

Do colors ever go on sale by the way?

They did. It was, is and most probably will be seldom the case, however.

#53 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 12:00 PM

Mech bay sales happen at christmas. They also come with the MC deal events. $6.95 for 1250MC level in march came with a free mech bay. Higher purchases had free mechs and mech bays. That was the event that came just about when they launched the new winning champion designs so when the latest champions are patched in, they'll be one of those MC deal events for them. There was a 50% off colors sale in march also. Go back thru the announcements and you'll find all the events that came before and then you can kick yourself for either forgetting they happened, or not being a player of the game yet (I started Jan 4th, thus missing all the december events).

#54 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:07 PM

View PostWillothius, on 11 July 2016 - 03:44 AM, said:

Isn't that the same as "buy 1, get 1 for free"??

Not entirely, really. You still have to spend out to pick up each and every Mech Bay that you want/need. :)

Giving your post a like anyway, though. :D

~D. V. "That's just how it looks to me." Devnull

#55 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 10:37 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 11 July 2016 - 12:00 PM, said:

Mech bay sales happen at christmas. They also come with the MC deal events. $6.95 for 1250MC level in march came with a free mech bay. Higher purchases had free mechs and mech bays. That was the event that came just about when they launched the new winning champion designs so when the latest champions are patched in, they'll be one of those MC deal events for them. There was a 50% off colors sale in march also. Go back thru the announcements and you'll find all the events that came before and then you can kick yourself for either forgetting they happened, or not being a player of the game yet (I started Jan 4th, thus missing all the december events).

nEAT!

I started just recently, I'm looking forward to a sale on colors, there are a lot of nice ones but a thousand a piece is a little steep, I feel like 200-500 would be an easier price to sell me on. I'd grab quite a few.

#56 Willothius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 187 posts
  • LocationThe Great Mechbay In The Sky.

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:17 PM

View PostOmniseed, on 11 July 2016 - 10:37 PM, said:

I started just recently, I'm looking forward to a sale on colors, there are a lot of nice ones but a thousand a piece is a little steep, I feel like 200-500 would be an easier price to sell me on. I'd grab quite a few.

Remember they also come as prizes for events sometime.. Think I've got like 10 colors that way already, plus a few from sales indeed..

#57 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:21 PM

There's six basic colors for c-bills (1.25 million each), and a couple dozen which are only 500MC.

#58 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:46 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 11 July 2016 - 11:21 PM, said:

There's six basic colors for c-bills (1.25 million each)

Uhm... could you double-check that please? I'm sure I only saw 4 purchasable for , along with one that everyone has by default. :mellow:

~D. V. "If there's something I'm unaware of, please paint me a picture and fill me in? I'll be glad to see the details!" Devnull

(p.s.: By the way, I know I just cracked a bad color-related pun... I only realized it after I typed it.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users