Community Warfare Artillery

5 replies to this topic

#1 Furball72

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:04 PM

Just got through a CW invasion match where one side had access to satellite-guided artillery. Well, that is to say, I'm calling it a match in only the broadest of terms. Half of one side never even made it to make contact with the other, and they were in 100 ton assault mechs. The artillery was super-accurate (which is fine, although ECM offered no benefit whatsoever), but massively overpowered for long-tom cannons, being able to obliterate multiple assault mechs with a single shot.

The end result: a total waste of 20 minutes of waiting for the match to begin... a mismatch that resulted in maybe half-a-dozen shots being fired on each side. I was on the receiving side of the artillery fire in this instance, but honestly, I cannot imagine I would feel much different had I been on the side with the guns.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:16 PM

I understand your frustration, as I made a rant thread about the Long Tom artillery as well. Good news is that the devs are willing to take a look at it for nerfing purposes.

The LT mostly snowballs the already stronger side in most instances so it is a pretty redundant and unnecessary mechanic in game. Not fun to get one-shotted for the receiving side, and simply kill-steals for the shooting side.

Edited by El Bandito, 07 July 2016 - 06:17 PM.

#3 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:49 PM

Your frustration is understandable, but, take this topic to the Faction Play part of the forum, this is for quickplay and general MWO stuff, Long Tom's have been requested by the moderators of the forums to only be in the FP forum.

#4 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:54 PM

View PostFurball72, on 07 July 2016 - 06:04 PM, said:

Just got through a CW invasion match where one side had access to satellite-guided artillery. Well, that is to say, I'm calling it a match in only the broadest of terms. Half of one side never even made it to make contact with the other, and they were in 100 ton assault mechs. The artillery was super-accurate (which is fine, although ECM offered no benefit whatsoever), but massively overpowered for long-tom cannons, being able to obliterate multiple assault mechs with a single shot.

The end result: a total waste of 20 minutes of waiting for the match to begin... a mismatch that resulted in maybe half-a-dozen shots being fired on each side. I was on the receiving side of the artillery fire in this instance, but honestly, I cannot imagine I would feel much different had I been on the side with the guns.

Im pretty sure this was tested internally and it was found to be very fun. You just happen to not know how fun it is.

#5 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:31 AM

View PostFurball72, on 07 July 2016 - 06:04 PM, said:

Ummm... Welcome to MWO Posted Image Or, rather, PGIO

Edited by MechWarrior849305, 08 July 2016 - 12:31 AM.

#6 Coryphee

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 857 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 03:13 AM

Thread was moved to the Faction Play sub-forum

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users