Damage Migration (Pgi Fix This Like Yesterday)

7 replies to this topic

#1 Rydiak Randborir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Kapten
  • Kapten
  • 103 posts
  • LocationJarnfolk Cluster

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:03 PM

What weapon where you using? What range were you engaged at? Was there any destroyed components on the target mechs? Were the target mechs moving at at? What was your latency?

#2 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:18 PM

Leave it be.

#3 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:19 PM

If a leg is destroyed and you keep shooting the same leg, the damage will transfer to that side's torso.

Not sure how you're seeing damage transfered to other torso and side.

Try to get a video of it happening (if it happens) next time, and PGI will check it out.

This is really weird, what you have seen.

#4 grendeldog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 340 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:27 PM

Yeah I've had instances where I've shot the back of a mech and the front takes damage in a match - not testing grounds - but I always just put it down to HSR weirdness, some hitboxes where you can legit hit one aide from the other, ping, etc. specifically the most memorable was shooting a Cheetah in the back and getting the front to register the hit and the reverse where I shot a Kodiak in the front and got a hit to the back.

Sometimes games just do weird stuff that's not easily reproducible. I code, believe me. And sometimes human perception isn't up to snuff either. So a video would really help in this regard.

#5 DaveRatters

• PipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 68 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:38 AM

In the case of shooting the back and hitting the front could be a "tunnelling" effect - ie the moving object (shell if that's what it was) happens to have passed through the back hit box geometry in the timing of the hit detection update cycle so travels further undetected in the body until it strikes the front hit box geometry.

This is why sometimes direct hits miss - as the shot just so happens to be in and out of the mech hit box geometry within the timing of the hit detection cycle - possibly because of "stutter" and variable hit detection cycle timing etc.

Not uncommon in games - too expensive to use more accurate algorithms processing wise - just bad luck really.

#6 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:48 AM

videos, gyus JUST make videos of that, there is often something tiny you might oversee. And if not, nothing is a better proof of a broken thing than such a video.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users