11 replies to this topic

#1 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:18 PM

Hey, PGI, when are you guys going to fix your damn patcher... I've been Finalizing Patch for the past ten minutes, and this is NOT the first time! I already tried going to technical support and they archived my email, which tells me they've received a lot of these emails.

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:33 PM

Just stop it and run the repair tool.

#3 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

Better yet, just use Steam.

#4 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:52 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 24 March 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

Just stop it and run the repair tool.
Uhh, yeah, I didn't just let it run all this time... I've played in two drops since I closed the portal, rebooted and restarted the portal... that's not the point... the point is, the patcher is not finishing, and that's an issue that NEEDS to be addressed. You guys can't just guilt me into doing something I already know to do. This is an issue that MUST be fixed; just... stop.

View PostMechaBattler, on 24 March 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

Screw Steam. For whatever reason, no matter what computer I use, and this one would be the fourth I've tried it on, store-bought or built, Steam hates me and destroys every computer I put it on... and that's just doing the download. Steam is cursed for my machines. Screw Steam.

#5 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:55 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 24 March 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

I'm glad I switched to Steam, I don't have to worry about patching at all. It just does it and when I'm ready to play, no waiting.

#6 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:56 PM

OP I also had to use the Repair tool to fix mine first time it has ever not patched in 4 years? or they want everyone to use the steam launcher now?

#7 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:02 PM

View PostThreat Doc, on 24 March 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

Uhh, yeah, I didn't just let it run all this time... I've played in two drops since I closed the portal, rebooted and restarted the portal... that's not the point... the point is, the patcher is not finishing, and that's an issue that NEEDS to be addressed. You guys can't just guilt me into doing something I already know to do. This is an issue that MUST be fixed; just... stop.

guilt you? I don't care what you do I was just trying to to help make it faster for you.

Sounds like you're new around here if a bug has been around for more than a patch or two it's a feature.

#8 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:21 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 24 March 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

guilt you? I don't care what you do I was just trying to to help make it faster for you.
Yeah, you can't just pass this off. You can't just say, "oh, it must be your fault", in so many words, and let PGI off the hook.

Sounds like you're new around here if a bug has been around for more than a patch or two it's a feature.
I had my web site for my unit set up on October 31st, 2011, I purchased my Founder's package on February 4th, 2012 when it first opened up... not entirely sure about that date, but I think that was it. I got into Closed Beta on July 21st, 2012. Since then I've taken about two-and-a-half years worth of breaks because I couldn't take PGIs non-gaming ******** any more, but I've always come back.

Used to call me Kay Wolf.

Who's new around here, son?

#9 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:23 PM

View PostThreat Doc, on 24 March 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

Yeah, you can't just pass this off. You can't just say, "oh, it must be your fault", in so many words, and let PGI off the hook.

I had my web site for my unit set up on October 31st, 2011, I purchased my Founder's package on February 4th, 2012 when it first opened up... not entirely sure about that date, but I think that was it. I got into Closed Beta on July 21st, 2012. Since then I've taken about two-and-a-half years worth of breaks because I couldn't take PGIs non-gaming ******** any more, but I've always come back.

Used to call me Kay Wolf.

Who's new around here, son?

You would think by now you would have learned Pgi fixes bugs when they get around to it, if ever. The drop ship bug has been around long ger than the new patcher lol. Grandpa.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 24 March 2017 - 02:40 PM.

#10 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:24 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 24 March 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

OP I also had to use the Repair tool to fix mine first time it has ever not patched in 4 years? or they want everyone to use the steam launcher now?
I tried to like your comment, but the web site is saying there's some error, so I'll just explain that I like your comment, and I've actually run the MWO Repair tool three times in two weeks, now, and the trouble is still there. I got done doing a special, by-hand, update for Windows and nVidia drivers two days ago, and that helped a lot, but not today's patch in the patcher.

#11 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:08 PM

Well OP as painful as this is going to sound you just might have to Reinstall MWO from scratch.

#12 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:12 PM

View PostCDLord HHGD, on 24 March 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

I'm glad I switched to Steam, I don't have to worry about patching at all. It just does it and when I'm ready to play, no waiting.

yeah it's easier on steam.

Shame I don't have the old patcher. It felt a little more reliable than this new patcher they have. but that's just how it is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users