Serious Thoughts/changes For Long Tom/fp

4 replies to this topic

#1 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:43 PM

So after lurking threw the CW/FP event posts and getting my giggles on from all the high blood pressure and salt mining I came away with a few points.
1. No one seems to want the Long Tom.
2. The "other" side refuses to play on planets unless they have Long Tom.
3. Streakcrows ruin scouting/streakcrows are only ok unless your pug'in scout mode

So what's wrong with these statements.

What if we changed Tom to be a cluster of 4 or 5 Arty strikes? It's still free damage, It'd still cover a large'ish area. It wouldn't be an auto-win/auto-lose thing but it wouldn't be useless.

Maybe set scout tonnage to 50 ton and see what happens to the scout meta?? I think most players are just lazy and take the most efficient build for what they are trying to do. Just happens to be streakcrows right now. I'm certain if the tonnage get drops the next goofy boat in line becomes the great evil and we'll be left with a 35 ton limit for scouting which I'm totally in favor for but I'm pretty sure the rest of the community would be up in arms.

Who knows. I'm pretty sure my Long Tom idea is sound. The whole bird problem is meh.

Edited by Aethermech, 08 July 2016 - 09:44 PM.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:54 PM

Remove it entirely, replace it with battlefield wide continuous UAV coverage.

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:58 PM

As a sensor, it's adding valuable Intel that can make all the difference *if you use it well*. It can not win the game for you, it does no damage. Long Tom's, even scaled down, can directly win the game for you.

I RARELY agree with Sader, but in this I'm completely in agreement. The scouting bonus should be major, but should not be outright killing mechs.

#4 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:33 AM

Remove long tom. Maybe ONCE per match have a scattered art strike. Not ever 2 min.....

No constant scans. Maybe make scans last longer after removing Toms. ECM should block the scans.

I own no Stormcrows. They are tough.... until u aim for the legs. THAT is a player based solution.

Edited by Seddrik, 09 July 2016 - 05:34 AM.

#5 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 09 July 2016 - 12:53 PM

Just suspend/get rid of LT. There have been loads of suggestions posted in various threads on alternatives, so why are PGI now asking on Twitter, if there are any suggestions!? Read your own forums people!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users