5 replies to this topic

#1 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:19 AM

So I bought the standard pack with the hero add-on. I am very inexperienced with assaults but I am liking the Spirit Bear with asrm6x4 and UAC 20. The KDK-3 is pretty good with quad-UAC 5 and ersl in the arms, I hear about quad 10's sometimes how is that working for people?

The 1 and 2 I am not sure what to do with them. What are you assault experts running on these guys?

#2 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:37 AM

Quad uac10 requires you to buy a lower rating engine to fit decent ammo counts. I've seen most run an xl 350 and about 8-10 tonne ammo
Kdk 2 is decent with 3 lpl and an lbx 10 or quad erppc
Kdk 1 I really like running with uac20 /lbx20 and 9 spls

#3 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:16 PM

I'm using 4X UAC 10s and a 400XL on my KDK 3, a little less armor and ammo but works great for me.

KDK 2, I just dropped the SRMs for a extra ER Large Lasers. Runs hot but jumping over the hill with a UAC 20 is a nice surprise.

KDK 1 I made into a Pulse Boat, also runs hot but it's loads of fun.

#4 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 09 July 2016 - 06:03 PM

I had a kitfox try to hide around a dead end corner from me today on mining collective, when I was in my quad-uac5 kdk3. He chose poorly. I can only imagine the kind of destruction quad10's would do if you can manage your heat and ammo well.

#5 Kimberm1911

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Earth......

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:47 PM

The Kodiak 3 is borderline OP with Quad UAC 10's. Run it with an XL 380, 7-8 tons of ammo, 5 engine heatsinks, and you've got yourself an assault that goes 66.7kph with an 80 damage double tap potential, 570 meter effective range, that runs super cool. I've heard people say it runs hot, but it doesn't seem like it, IMO (Maybe in terms of dakka builds). It also has structure quirks which make it super tanky. (As long as you know how to Dakka properly. AKA, don't facetime more than 1 enemy at a time.)

The Kodiak 2 is still my best Kodiak, although, maybe not now that I haven't run it in a month. I ran it with an LBX-20 and 2 PPC's for a while. It's a ridiculously effective mech, and super fun to play. I have a 2.0 K/D ratio with it, and I'm not a super great player either. When I first played the chassis, I had a 12.0 K/D ratio with the build, but that may have just been a short lived luck streak. You could of course run it with the boring 1 Gauss, 2 LPL, and 4 ER Mediums build, but there isn't much as satisfying as nailing an enemy mech with a 40 damage pin point alpha with crit potential. If you plug in a Targeting computer 3, which I would recommend, the PPC's travel as fast as the LBX-20 rounds. (At least effectively so.).

The Kodiak 1............ Eh.........Um.........Yeah...... So, I basic'd the darn thing and haven't touched it since. I think I ran it with 3 LPL and 6 mediums. It was a weirdly brutal build...... About 37.4% of the time. The other 62.6% of the time it either melted itself, or...... Melted itself.

Peace, and have fun

#6 Psibelius

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:16 PM

I finally decided to go buy the Kodiak...it did not disappoint. The KDK-3 with 4 UAC10 is ridiculous. Hiding in tunnels, around buildings, and generally trailing a light or medium so they can act as bait to draw someone close is just too much fun.

I just played my first game with the Spirit Bear though...completely unleveled, no basics whatsoever, just 4 ACSRM4, CUAC20, and 2 ERML. This thing absolutely wrecks, and the MASC is surprisingly useful. After charging in and unloading a massive alpha, I use it to get *away* from my opponent and turn around so I can get the next shot in. 738 damage, 3 kills, 3 assists.

It's the most fun I've had with an assault since the Dragon Slayer!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users