#1 Crispy Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 136 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:00 PM

ok, the facts:

we had a game scheduled fo rfriday june 25th, since the opponent did not respond for like 2 weeks to the only possible contact (mwomercs PM) where rwe asked them if they need to reschedule because the time would be ok for us we were 8 men there to play ... their captain showed up literally last minute and asked for a rescehdule to today (july 9th), a ref said that would be ok ...

now today they were a no show.. no beep, no word no email .. simply nobody on NGNG TS (And they have no own TS, no contact email, nothing on the captains heet), no mwomercs PM from them either ...

although 3 refs were onlinein the ready room none did respond for over an hour to our question what is happening now ... we had 8 peeps waiting for over an hour ... after that they left ...

now since we did not play the original schedule what is going to happen? do we have to hope for them to contact us and respond to a reschedule???? I mean we had TWICE now 8 people waiting for them .. and today they did not even have the cortesy to show up and ask for a last minute reschedule ... I kinda am not in the mood to reschedule for them any more hoenstly, but we do not really have proof we were there wit 8 man on june 25th? ... except maybe the ref in question wrote down that we had 8 peeps waiting and di donly reschedule because they could not field 8 ...

what is going to happen now? do not tell me we HVE to find a way to reschedule with them or we will have a loss AND a no show .. because that would seriously suck ..plus make us reconsider if we really should agree to last minute reshedules ever again ...

update: now waiting 2 hours, one of those 3 refs did reply .. he is too busy about his stolen car to help me .. I mean sorry to hear that and goo dluck with getting it back, but what is witht he other 2 refs? ...still no beep from them yet ...
going to sleep now cause it is 6 AM local time ..

Edited by Crispy Chicken, 09 July 2016 - 08:31 PM.

#2 Ibrandul Mike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:41 AM

So basically you have two problems and please correct me, if I am wrong:

1. You don´t know what your options are now, because the others didn´t show for the reschedule.
2. You couldn´t get in contact with a ref, even if three were in the team speak.

For the ref part: Yeah they are there in their off times too. Off times are defined by "no official matches". So it is basically their free time. So you are basically saying "The refs are so lazy, when they have free time, they have to answer my questions immediately!". Is that correct? (Of course it might be better, if refs weren´t there in their free time)

The second part: Did the ref in question for your original match took the screenshot of your 8 man? If not there are still options. The best thing would be to try again tonight. I assume you are good prepared and now the names of the opposing team and which ref was your ref that evening.

So, try again in about 8 to 9 hours from now and you should have more luck. I will get in touch with refs and get one in that timeframe to be available on TS. But keep in mind... it is their free time!
Your alternative is to wait till Thursday. More insisting on refs not doing their job, when they are not on "working time", won´t help your cause.

#3 maxmarechal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 551 posts
  • Locationnext to you...Bro...

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:51 AM

@Ibrandul:of course we all know and respect the dedication of refs especially when not on "working time"....but you'll have toadmit (as this happened to our team too...) that when you're looking for help because other team is not being fairplay you'd like to think someone cares about your problem..Posted Image ..because we are trying to have fun in this comp and PGI is trying to promote this game as an e-sport
@crispy chicken:unfortunately this situation happens regurlarly now as team captains are exhausted trying to get 8 guys on time while rescheduling to agree both teams,don't feel alone...

#4 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:40 AM

This is the problem with rescheduled games, there are no penalties for a no show as quite often you don't have a ref to document proceedings.

However you are now past the original deadline even by the new rules extension.
Rescheduling is great if everyone plays ball.... But if they don't it's a liability.

Did the ref for the first game that okayed the first reschedule take a screenshot of their no show?

#5 Ibrandul Mike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:14 PM

View Postmaxmarechal, on 10 July 2016 - 06:51 AM, said:

@Ibrandul:of course we all know and respect the dedication of refs especially when not on "working time"....but you'll have toadmit (as this happened to our team too...) that when you're looking for help because other team is not being fairplay you'd like to think someone cares about your problem..Posted Image ..because we are trying to have fun in this comp and PGI is trying to promote this game as an e-sport
[...]

Who said no one cares about the problems? If so I for example wouldn´t try to get a ref in teamspeak to help. So at least someone cares :P If it is the right person is a whole other story. And btw. at least one ref is even available in the TS right now.

And for the deadline:
As the post New Deadlines explains, the deadline for June/July matches is the 31st of July. That is well in the deadline.

#6 Crispy Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 136 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:39 AM

View PostIbrandul Mike, on 10 July 2016 - 06:41 AM, said:

For the ref part: Yeah they are there in their off times too. Off times are defined by "no official matches". So it is basically their free time. So you are basically saying "The refs are so lazy, when they have free time, they have to answer my questions immediately!". Is that correct? (Of course it might be better, if refs weren´t there in their free time)

hmmmm

actually I thought I was saying that I did wait in a room called 'pop in here if you have questions' (or something close to it) and waited for 2 hours before getting impatient and annoyed

off course refs are allowed off time too, this tournament s tough on all the participiants (and I count refs as that too, because they are there for every game (ok, not for every rescheduled one, but thats not the point)). It's just that when you are off duty/shift/clock/whatever I think the sensible thing would be to NOT park in a room that promises help ...

but I did see somebody added an AFK ref room just below the help promising one (and it is frequented too!) so I guess we can drop the 'ref not available' part of the thread.

just wish getting a hold of our no show opponent would be as easy, since they still did not respond to reschedule tool mail nor mwomerc PM (and captains sheet has no additional contact info either)

#7 red kettle

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:01 PM

If you are talking about the rescheduled match vs NTEX, then here are a few more facts:

NTEX was there at the rescheduled time: July 9th at 6:30pm eastern. We had a full team then as well. I know this because we played another rescheduled game just before your scheduled time (game ended about 6:25pm), and we have screenshots (with a PGI ref in the lobby!) of the game. Another team was also interested in playing a game in advance that day, and I had my team stick around while we talked with them, although we ended up not playing that game, so I (and therefore NTEX) was definitely in the NGNG teamspeak, with a full team, and ready to play.

Although NTEX does not use teamspeak typically, I do try to jump on the NGNG teamspeak during the normal tournament days. We also have a contact email, and our capt will respond to the PMs through the PGI website or the built-in rescheduling function as well. In fact, our team capt mentioned that one of those systems was used to talk to you guys when setting up the original rescheduled date, since you guys wanted to play on a Sunday, which was not possible for us at the time.

Additionally, NTEX has never had an issue finding a ref or other PGI representative to assist them in matters related to the tournament. A ref has talked to me and mentioned that we can still play this game before July 31st, should both teams be able to find a mutually acceptable time, and NTEX would still like to play this game. Feel free to poke me if you see me in the NGNG Teamspeak, or try one of the other systems to contact us. I will also let my team captain know to reach out to you, and hopefully we can get this game in the books soon!

Either way, best of luck with the rest of the tourney!

#8 Crispy Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 136 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:37 AM

hmmmm, I woujld not have mentioned the unit name, but I think you must mix us up with annother team because:
  • we did not request reschedule, you guys did show up a few minutes before the originally scheduled game and did ask us
  • since sundays do not work for us I very much doubt any sunday was among the days we did offer as available for the reschedule
  • I am not aware of any contact info for you guys except the captains sheet, which basicaly only gives the name of your team captain for mwomercs PM. where would one find your contact info?
  • not sure why we did not see you, but 2 people from our team were checking NGNG and MRBC TS servers for nicks with NTEX in their name. we did not see any refs with NTEX in their name either.
  • as I said, on that very day at that very time we did try for 2 hours to get any refs to answer us (even the ones in games).
but all is settled now since we managed to play our game at last, congratulations for your win

Edited by Crispy Chicken, 18 July 2016 - 06:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users