Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:59 AM

pirates bane, mad dog and raven

#4 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:00 AM

Had to think about this for a while, and I'm still not entirely sure, but I think it was Ilya Muromets, Mad Dog B and Misery

#5 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:03 AM

DRG-FLAME, CPLT-K2, CPLT-A1

Easy answers as there where so few mechs then :)

#6 Blind Baku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 287 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:13 AM

Ravens, 4x, 3l, 2x, in that order and the 2x was a PITA to do, promptly sold it after that.

#7 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:06 AM

Pre-reset:

Atlas
Awesome
Catapults

Post-reset:

Stalkers, for Misery
Catapults, for the K2

Then I can't remember, either Jenners, Centurions, or Hunchbacks.

Edited by process, 01 July 2016 - 07:07 AM.

#8 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:07 AM

Hmmmm, it's been a long time since I've been around since 5/2012, but I think it was two hunchbacks and a catapult back in the day.

#9 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:16 AM

1st) Ravens (3L, 2X, 4x)
2nd) Trebuchets (7M, 7K, don't remember what I used as 3rd variant)
3rd) Cicadas (3F[L], 3M, X-5)
4th) Timberwolf

For me the order was mainly because I did well in the Raven and Treb trials when I first started playing. Then I got the CDA-3F(L) as the anniversary reward last year and loved it. Then got the Timber Champion out of an event last Halloween. The X-5 (all my Cicadas see a lot of action still) and Huginn (about the only Raven I bother with anymore) I picked up on a 1/2 off Hero sale. I did get the Cicada Champion out of an event this spring as well, but the 3M and X-5 see the most action followed by my 3F jump sniper.

I still love my Cicadas and Timbers, although Ravens and Trebs mostly got sold and rarely see action for the couple I haven't gotten rid of. The King Crab 000 was actually the first mech I purchased, and regretted that for a long time, although I did go back and master the chassis later on once I had more experience in the game. The KGC is my go to assault once I finally figured out how to make them work for me; it just too a long time to get the hang of assaults.

Edited by Digital_Angel, 01 July 2016 - 07:19 AM.

#10 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:29 AM

Well. Hmm.. Need to wander the memories here.
Think it was 3 Ravens. The 3L, the Hugin and either the 2x or 4x. This was long before the mastery pack came out too. So it was pretty intense, didnt have alot of premium time to increase the rate of xp gain. Tried to avoid using real money before I at least have gotten several mechs to adapt to piloting first.

#11 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:04 AM

Jenner, Catapult, then either Dragon or Atlas.

#12 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:15 AM

AS7-D(F)
I was almost 4 years younger and was working on the assumption that bigger was better like previous Mechwarrior games, fellow light pilots please do not judge me too harshly

CDA-3M
After finishing the Atlas I naturally tried the Hunchback and Catapult but at the time could not figure out ether, so I tried the, then newly released, Cicada I found MY first Mech
JR7-D(F)
I had ignored the Jenner to begin with because Lights were that weight class you only use until you can get something heavier in previous games, but fell in love although not quite to the same extent as the Cicada.

#13 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:19 AM

COM-2D, -1B and -TDK.

#dontstartbygoingcommando

#14 Jeronimo25

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:24 AM

Atlas.
AS7-D-DC, AS7-S and AS7-D.

#15 Rhavin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationThe Dropship Texas, FRR

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:30 AM

Hunchback, jenner, catapult then atlas. The only choices available at the time.

#16 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:45 AM

First three chassis in order from first to last: Locust, Raven, Centurion.

First three variants of above chassis: LCT-3M, RVN-2X, CN9-AL

I'm pretty weird when it comes to mechs and builds that I do well in, I rarely fit the meta. The first 'mech I got was a Locust because quite honestly at the time that I began this game the Locust was the cheapest 'mech on the market. May still be, not sure if the Urbanmech is cheaper than the Locust or not. Anyway, I did very well in my 3M with 5 medium lasers. It was a great 'mech, but then later they released the LCT-1E and I was forced to the realization that anything my 3M could do the 1E could do better. So I sold the old girl and exchanged her for a 1E which is the Locust that I drive today. Next 'mech I got was a Raven, because it had become clear to me by this point that my place in this game was to be a light jockey, and I'd always loved the aesthetics of the Raven. So I bought one. The Raven 4X was okay, the 3L was okay and by and large was and still is considered the 'meta' Raven. But the Raven that really sang for me was the 2X with 4 medium lasers and 1 SRM6. Things can get pretty nasty for the enemy team when I get behind the controls of that Raven. Third 'mech, the Centurion, I didn't really choose but won in an event giveaway. I didn't really like the ballistics Centurions though, which many other mechwarrios would call blasphemy, and instead found myself doing best in the AL with two PPCs in the gun arm, two medium lasers in the CT, and 2 SSRM2s to frighten away any light 'mechs that might decide I looked like a juicy target with my main weaponry being rendered useless at under 90m.

#17 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:50 AM

RVN-3L
JR7-D(S)
LCT-3M

(-3M Lolcust was the -1E of the pre-quirkening Lolcusts. Also, there originally was no -1E or -1M or -3V; those all came along later, as did the Peanut Butter.)

#18 AchingNoodle

• PipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 30 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:55 AM

Thunderbot TDR-9SE
Timberwolf TBR-CS
Maradur MAD-BH2

#19 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:03 AM

View PostTercieI, on 01 July 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

COM-2D, -1B and -TDK.

#dontstartbygoingcommando

#everythingfeelsOPafterstartingcommando :P

1st 3 mech variants? GRF-1N, 1S, 3M.

1st 3 mech chassis? Griffins, Atlases (K, Boar's Head, D-DC), and the third was either Dires (B, Prime, A) Cicadas (3C, 3M, 2A, 2B), or Jagers (S, DD, A).

Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure that's exactly the order for my first 5 chassis and their variants. After I mastered the Atlases, I activated some PT and went to work grinding Invasion mechs. I figured the best time to do the Dires was right after the game's other 100-tonner at the time. Then I did the Cicadas and Jagers because fun.

The reason the CDA-3C was next is because it was one of my 2 first mechs (GRF-1N was the other). It had tons of XP waiting when I basiced the X5 and 3M.

Edited by Virlutris, 01 July 2016 - 10:04 AM.

#20 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:27 AM

Hunchback 4SP (set up like a 4J), and the Hunchback 4J. Followed by the Cicadas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users