- - - - -

I Am New

Help Me

25 replies to this topic

#21 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:31 AM

Gauss is a very good clan weapon due to how hot clan energy weapons run! Since you just started the game recently, now is the best time to learn hard to use weapons!

Trust me, now is he most forgiving time in the game, take this time to learn how to aim, because once you go up in tiers, it will be too late!

#22 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 11 July 2016 - 08:43 AM

The Highlander sucks for faction warfare. The best you can do with the base model is probably a UAC-20 with mlas or UAC-10 with LPLAS.

Heavies are far superior for a majority of combat situations you should have waited and gotten a Ebon Jag or Timberwolf.

#23 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:19 PM

View PostSpace Oddity, on 10 July 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

Hello, my father plays Battletech and made me start it, but I am smarter than him, so I wanted to try MWO Posted Image

For a long time, Battletech was much better than the real time mech computer games. MWO is the first real time game that is actually better than the board game IMO.

I like Clan, but I noticed is really expensive and there aren't bundles.

...because otherwise everyone would play Clan. PGI did it that way on purpose.

In Battletech lore, Clan mechs are better in every way. So a lot of people assume that MWO is the same way. It's not of course, but people think that. So PGI has to give an incentive for playing Inner Sphere so that everyone doesn't jump on the Clan bandwagon.

I've asked to my dad to help me buying at least a little amount of MC, but, like every father says, he answered me that Battletech is free and I'd have everything I need, so if I wanna play MWO, I can, but if I wanna buy anything I have to wait.

He's right.

For the most part. Anything you can buy with cash, you could also earn through play. Cash is just a shortcut (saves you grinding). I've actually invested very little in this game...mostly I spend money on camo and colors.

It does start very slow, and I know thats annoying. But it doesn't stay that way forever. Figure out your favorite playstyle. Pick a chassis that compliments your playstyle, and stick with it till you master it.

Knowing that I've bought yet a Highlander, can U help me to build a competitive team?

2 High + 2 Adder?
1 High + 3 Hunchbacks?
I really need help, considering I cannot fail, cos I cannot spend money and cannot resell mechs.

You won't fail with any of them. Any Chassis can be made to work. This is not like the single player Mech games, where bigger is always better. The only real risk is wasting time. A less optimal chassis will take you longer to master, and will be less profitable for you.

Edited by Sadistic Savior, 11 July 2016 - 02:19 PM.

#24 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:17 PM

View PostSpace Oddity, on 11 July 2016 - 01:38 AM, said:

HEADSHOT an ATLAS !! muhahahahahaha !!!
Posted Image

Two Gauss Rifles and an AC/5, if all three hit at the same spot (the Atlas's left eye), you'll get your headshot.
Twin (IS) AC/20s will do this as well.

(You need 35 damage total to headshot).

#25 Inner Sphincter

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:26 PM

U've just killed a kid's dream Posted Image
However, I am following a basic game rule: try different ways to find your way.
I've bought an Ultra AC\10 and trying it. Then I'll try a LB-10X too.
And I'll find my way ^^

View PostKoniving, on 11 July 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

Two Gauss Rifles and an AC/5, if all three hit at the same spot (the Atlas's left eye), you'll get your headshot.
Twin (IS) AC/20s will do this as well.

(You need 35 damage total to headshot).

#26 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:51 AM

View PostSpace Oddity, on 11 July 2016 - 11:26 PM, said:

U've just killed a kid's dream Posted Image
However, I am following a basic game rule: try different ways to find your way.
I've bought an Ultra AC\10 and trying it. Then I'll try a LB-10X too.
And I'll find my way ^^

While I personally dont think its a bad idea to try new things- thats probably a good thing to do but...

Im surprised you can afford the cbills to do that... I was starved for cbills for a long time... Remember, you need 3 different varients of the same mech chassis in order to get into the Elite skill tree (which unlocks 2 times bonus to basic skills)...

And your mech is a clan assault mech, getting another two will be difficult once your cadet bonus ends...

Please keep that in mind.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users