Why Can't I Get A Game In Faction Play?

11 replies to this topic

#1 KlLLJOY

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, Mn

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:12 AM

Yet another event has come and yet another large block of time spent wasted in front of my computer

I didn't get to play Operation: Frontline over July 4th weekend because, well, I have a life.

Holiday weekends are the times when friends and family are made a priority and time is spent doing things with them, even if you are dragged along and forced to by your significant other.

Thankfully PGI was kind enough to realize (or had it pointed out to them) that many people like me wouldn't be able to finish our Faction Play missions along with the other responsibilities of life and were kind enough to extend the event.

What they still fail to realize is that the way faction play is currently set up, a semi-casual player still has no chance of unlocking all the goals in time.

I was logged in all day yesterday, from around 11am until 10pm, and I was only able to play 7 invasion games.

7 games. In 11 hours. We were qued up 3 or 4 deep with ghost drops all day. My entire faction was in the same boat.

I am mercing for Clan Jade Falcon. We have 4 enemies on our borders, IS and Clan. The way things are set up, we can only attack one, and are able to defend against the other 3.

What I want to know is why we can't have an attack and defend target for each of the 4? That way we might be able to force more people into games.

So yeah, another event, another frustrating experience.

#2 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:27 AM

Because JF's population is gigantic, all the mercs go to JF. So you end up with ghost drops or waiting in line to drop against the group of 12 PUGs that are still dropping for some reason to get pugstomped.

Go to Wolf. Go to Ghost Bear. Spread out a little.

#3 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:04 AM

Another Jade Falcon complaining about wait times. How sweet.

Oh how I would love to troll more but so little time, next insta-drop incoming.......

#4 DivBy0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:42 AM

What have you expect?

Most of the Mercs went to Jade Chicken for easy stomping IS-Pugs with the help of MapHack and Long Tom (and avoid playing against each other?). You are Merc too and why do you not switch to another clan?
After the Chicken have scouted Long Tom (or LT is near) no one (who is sane and have more than one weapongroup) will play against you. Even MapHack will be avoided when ever it is possible. So the question is... when you Mercs will play FP, why do you shut down the game with the Skillcrow-Game-Mode?

I understand your complains because it is a fault in the system and not yours. But you are Merc and so part of the problem and think about how difficult it was for an IS-Pug to fulfill the goals with MapHack, Long Tom and all the good Merc-Units against them 90% of the time.

Next patch come the next Clan Mech and the same will happen again.

View PostKlLLJOY, on 11 July 2016 - 05:12 AM, said:

Yet another event has come and yet another large block of time spent wasted in front of my computer

I didn't get to play Operation: Frontline over July 4th weekend because, well, I have a life.

Holiday weekends are the times when friends and family are made a priority and time is spent doing things with them, even if you are dragged along and forced to by your significant other.

Thankfully PGI was kind enough to realize (or had it pointed out to them) that many people like me wouldn't be able to finish our Faction Play missions along with the other responsibilities of life and were kind enough to extend the event.

What they still fail to realize is that the way faction play is currently set up, a semi-casual player still has no chance of unlocking all the goals in time.

I was logged in all day yesterday, from around 11am until 10pm, and I was only able to play 7 invasion games.

7 games. In 11 hours. We were qued up 3 or 4 deep with ghost drops all day. My entire faction was in the same boat.

I am mercing for Clan Jade Falcon. We have 4 enemies on our borders, IS and Clan. The way things are set up, we can only attack one, and are able to defend against the other 3.

What I want to know is why we can't have an attack and defend target for each of the 4? That way we might be able to force more people into games.

So yeah, another event, another frustrating experience.

#5 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:47 AM

Many of the merc units followed -MS- to Jade falcon meaning that more than 1/2 the FW population is probably in JF (and no, i am not saying this was intentional). Only way you are going to get battles is if you fight other Jade Falcon players. Sorry but, FW population is just too small now to give consistent battles for J/F.

#6 deadlybydsgn

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:13 AM

My unit swapped from merc to gascat loyalist. I can't say we'll stick around in this clan, and Thule is pretty much their only target planet, but I was able to get into invasion games as easily as can be expected. By that, I mean it worked most of the time with only a moderate level of inconvenience. I like the concept, but FP never really seems to be an efficient mode.

With my time being limited, thank goodness my last match ended up being my best Invasion game ever. It helped me finish the challenge and secure the free Mad Dog. It definitely was not possible for most players without the event extension though.

#7 A Shoddy Rental Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOn my Island, There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:09 AM

Imagine if PGI cared about Faction Warfare and capped Faction population at say 12% Then instead of Jade Falcon being 17% it'd be 12% and that other 5% could go to another clan then we would have 2 viable clans instead of 1.

#8 KlLLJOY

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:05 PM

Well, @#$% faction play then.

I don't keep up on all this meta game crap, and now I know why.

#9 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:22 PM

Sorry mate but...
-- CW simply isn't made for casual single players its made for dedicated, prearanged groups. Single players where an afterthought to fill gaps and stop ppl from complaining Posted Image

-- CW is meta gaminging. If you just want to pugaway shooting big stompy robots without caring about the bigger picture there is QP. Posted Image

#10 KlLLJOY

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:07 AM

If I didn't HAVE to do CW drops to get the rewards for the events, I wouldn't, it's been nothing but one frustrating waste of time after another.

If I pick a faction that's doing well, I spend hours wasted in que, if I pick one that's not doing so well, we get stomped every drop by laser vomit.

Edited by KlLLJOY, 12 July 2016 - 05:19 AM.

#11 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:03 PM

View PostKlLLJOY, on 12 July 2016 - 05:07 AM, said:

If I didn't HAVE to do CW drops to get the rewards for the events, I wouldn't, it's been nothing but one frustrating waste of time after another.

If I pick a faction that's doing well, I spend hours wasted in que, if I pick one that's not doing so well, we get stomped every drop by laser vomit.

New Flash,

You don't HAVE to get the rewards AT ALL. If you only enter CW when you are bribed to do so, maybe you should not enter CW at all.

You jumped on the bandwagon and have to pay the price.

So, stick to getting stomped in QP.

#12 A Shoddy Rental Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOn my Island, There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:37 PM

I pugged the event as a solo JF merc.
Went 7-2 first day, 3-8. 2ND day. Had no problems getting fights. Just need to know how to pick a planet. Winning as a pug is a matter of luck of the draw.

Edited by The Nerf Bat, 12 July 2016 - 02:37 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users