A New Map With Every New Mech..

39 replies to this topic

#1 HellJumper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationIslamabad, pakistan

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:02 PM

The title pretty much says it all.

We had one mech in june, one coming in july, then in august, september, october and november.

Now i have my own issues with having a lot more mechs being put out vs new bigger maps (no i dont consider remakes as newmaps) hence the proposal of putting out one map with every new mech that they put up for sale. for me maps is more of something of a reason for which i would spend money on this game and not mechs (i planned to buy a koidak pack, had money aside for it but then decided not to spend it)

I dont know how long it takes to make a single map so lets say they start this thing from october onwards? Huntsman release plus a new map, then in november with linebreaker.

or if every month is not possible then maybe 1 map every two months should be fair.

#2 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:24 PM

i like your idea, because this game is basicaly only about mechs and maps.

#3 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:27 PM

I would be happy with a new map every 6 months.

That would work out to 6 Mechs = 1 new map.

Edit: And reworking old maps which then replace the old map does not count!

Edited by Rampage, 11 July 2016 - 09:28 PM.

#4 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:43 PM

View PostRampage, on 11 July 2016 - 09:27 PM, said:

I would be happy with a new map every 6 months.

That would work out to 6 Mechs = 1 new map.

Edit: And reworking old maps which then replace the old map does not count!

if i have to go with a max time then it would be 3 months... every three months a new map.

old reworked maps are still old maps as they still have the same spots where the engagements take place...

View PostTrapJaw80, on 11 July 2016 - 09:24 PM, said:

i like your idea, because this game is basicaly only about mechs and maps.

its more about mechs, mechs, more mechs and very few maps :P

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:11 PM

Having ran out of old maps to rework, PGI is gonna have to come out with a new one. Will it be PQ map or FW map, I wonder...

#6 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:13 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 11 July 2016 - 11:11 PM, said:

Having ran out of old maps to rework, PGI is gonna have to come out with a new one. Will it be PQ map or FW map, I wonder...

I'm sure they can still rework the Alpine and somehow make it even worse. Posted Image

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,061 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:05 AM

id say new map every 4 months would be nice. fp map every 3rd map. they have to be new maps and not remakes. new mode every year.

even then i kind of think its not enough, id want to see more development on equipment, weapons, and the like. mechs are kind of starting to turn into meaningless vanity items because the tech is still highly limited.

#8 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:39 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 11 July 2016 - 11:11 PM, said:

or remake of the first remake?

View PostLordNothing, on 12 July 2016 - 12:05 AM, said:

id say new map every 4 months would be nice. fp map every 3rd map. they have to be new maps and not remakes. new mode every year.

even then i kind of think its not enough, id want to see more development on equipment, weapons, and the like. mechs are kind of starting to turn into meaningless vanity items because the tech is still highly limited.

or alternate? one map every three months.. one for qp then one for fp?

#9 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:11 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 11 July 2016 - 11:13 PM, said:

I'm sure they can still rework the Alpine and somehow make it even worse. Posted Image

or they can make it completely from scratch instead...

#10 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:19 AM

I really want a really big city map, not like River City but a proper big skyscraper city with several blocks massive buildings, although some should be sized so that they can be jumped up on. A big city maze for epic mech battles!

#11 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:32 AM

View PostYellonet, on 13 July 2016 - 12:19 AM, said:

I really want a really big city map, not like River City but a proper big skyscraper city with several blocks massive buildings, although some should be sized so that they can be jumped up on. A big city maze for epic mech battles!

What you're really saying here is that you want maps that will really make the Urbie shine. I'm good with that.

I agree that PGI should give us new maps sooner. They already have different maps for FP, can't they rework those for QP? Also, instead of releasing new mechs, I'd love to see them spend time making extra sure other elements are 100% correct, such as hit boxes.

#12 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:34 AM

View Postmailin, on 13 July 2016 - 12:32 AM, said:

What you're really saying here is that you want maps that will really make the Urbie shine. I'm good with that.

I agree that PGI should give us new maps sooner. They already have different maps for FP, can't they rework those for QP? Also, instead of releasing new mechs, I'd love to see them spend time making extra sure other elements are 100% correct, such as hit boxes.

and it will limit lrm Armageddon :P

Its already established that mechs brings money for them and i have no problem with them.. they should put out maps on a much quicker pace as compared to what we have now..and yes FP maps can brought in QP and vice versa (modified)

#13 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:52 AM

View PostYellonet, on 13 July 2016 - 12:19 AM, said:

I really love this idea. Something like the MW5 trailer. Endless cityscape, urban brawls everywhere. Maybe cut out a nice big mainstreet and a park so that other people's builds aren't completely useless.

#14 Belacose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 539 posts
  • LocationArlington Texas

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:54 AM

I'd like a map with gravity so low that even mechs without jump jets could get some hang time just running up a ramp. Those with JJs would be going orbital.

#15 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:41 AM

View PostMoldur, on 13 July 2016 - 12:52 AM, said:

I really love this idea. Something like the MW5 trailer. Endless cityscape, urban brawls everywhere. Maybe cut out a nice big mainstreet and a park so that other people's builds aren't completely useless.

we can only hope..at this point i would settle for any new map to have some variety in this game...

#16 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:58 AM

Why do some people here give of a vibe that PGI apparently has no idea how to make new original maps and that's why they are doing reworks?...

Well...

To be honest. I really want to see a map that's like say Pollar Highlands, but with a lot more cover and stuff... and like, 2 main levels. the surface and tunnel networks underneath which can be entered by enterances on the rather flat surface (and I mean quite flat) or huge holes on the surface to lava lakes / beds/ volcanoes.

Outside temperatures: -70 degrees C
Tunnels: 40 degrees C
Around the perimetre of the Lava lakes/ volcano: 80 degrees C

Basically a mixture of what happens when you build polar highlands on a terra therma with most of the peaks chopped off and polar highlands used as the a ceiling. Maybe occasional lava streams creating cover on the surface in exchange for being hot.
Sort of playing similar to how Forest colony was first in terms of how the river was meant to play out, but made but more diverse. Randomly plotting this here in case PGI stumbles upon this thread Posted Image

View PostHellJumper, on 13 July 2016 - 08:41 AM, said:

we can only hope..at this point i would settle for any new map to have some variety in this game...

I want to see areas with semi low buildings, which on the ground doesn't mean much but a Jumpjetting shadowcat sniper parkouring around can get a open shot on most people in a very large area. Kinda like how I normally played city maps in MW4.

#17 Jables McBarty

• 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:06 AM

SHHHHH! Such a cut-out would be executed EXACTLY like River City.

I think a couple wide thoroughfares should be good enough.

Or do like Nightshade suggests...

View PostNightshade24, on 13 July 2016 - 08:58 AM, said:

I want to see areas with semi low buildings, which on the ground doesn't mean much but a Jumpjetting shadowcat sniper parkouring around can get a open shot on most people in a very large area. Kinda like how I normally played city maps in MW4.

But EVERY* map seems to get one of these "large open areas in the middle where people poke at each other" and I'd like an urban map without one. Maybe on the fringes, but definitely nowhere near the middle.

*River City and Frozen City 2.0 especially. We need an Urban Map without this feature. Every other map still has a central feature (only it's a barrier instead of a gap) and I WANT UNIFORMITY!!!!

#18 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:08 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 13 July 2016 - 08:58 AM, said:

Why do some people here give of a vibe that PGI apparently has no idea how to make new original maps and that's why they are doing reworks?...

Well...

To be honest. I really want to see a map that's like say Pollar Highlands, but with a lot more cover and stuff... and like, 2 main levels. the surface and tunnel networks underneath which can be entered by enterances on the rather flat surface (and I mean quite flat) or huge holes on the surface to lava lakes / beds/ volcanoes.

Outside temperatures: -70 degrees C
Tunnels: 40 degrees C
Around the perimetre of the Lava lakes/ volcano: 80 degrees C

Basically a mixture of what happens when you build polar highlands on a terra therma with most of the peaks chopped off and polar highlands used as the a ceiling. Maybe occasional lava streams creating cover on the surface in exchange for being hot.
Sort of playing similar to how Forest colony was first in terms of how the river was meant to play out, but made but more diverse. Randomly plotting this here in case PGI stumbles upon this thread Posted Image

Maybe its because of the reason that we dont see new maps being put out but instead old ones being remade over again?

even with the make overs the battles are still fought in the same place and zones.. and its the same stuff all over again...

#19 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:09 AM

We don't nee more maps, we need new/better gamemodes.

#20 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:14 AM

View PostBelacose, on 13 July 2016 - 12:54 AM, said:

I'd like a map with gravity so low that even mechs without jump jets could get some hang time just running up a ramp. Those with JJs would be going orbital.

I also want to see maps covered in like hard fractal crystals everywhere and gravity so hard that even the better jumpjetting mechs can barely get over those and nothing much....

uh, I remember seeing a image similar to this and I tried to google for it but instead I just ran into the MW: O map art director guy thingy and I am impressed... let me share the images of maps that are not in MW: O yet... at least to my knowledge.

"Caverns"
Posted Image
Posted Image

Solaris VII - Coliseum
Posted Image

Shepard Moon
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

and also he made terra therma look so cool...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

How did we get what pathetic excuse for these beautiful concept arts?!?
Once they do a redo of terra therma I want them to look like this. I really love the looks of those open places too!

Reason I posted most of these as these are most likely the soon-to-be maps PGI is making after the redo's.

His Viridian bog post was uploaded a bit before MW: O's release from memory as well as the fact that Solaris VII is a thing happening soon and his latest work- 2016, was just that, Solaris VII in the stiener arena.

Edited by Nightshade24, 13 July 2016 - 09:25 AM.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users