More Clarity - Regional Finals + Secondary Prizes

13 replies to this topic

#1 VVonka

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:13 AM

So what we know is the top 5 teams go on to regional finals but what we dont know is how PGI will handle ties. For example in their current standings they list:

ISENGRIM 1
-SiG- 2
Storm Jaguar 2
Steel JaguaR 3
Mech Rangers 4
SRoT Jaegers 4
EmpyreaL 5

Does this mean if regional qualifier ended today anyone listed in top 5 would get a place (7 teams)? If not how would tie breaker between Mech Rangers and SROT be handled?

ALSO

It may help stop the bleeding if PGI announced prizes for Regional Finals or placing higher in the qualifier round. There is no reason this information should not be available. I dont believe they have even hinted at prizes for the qualifying round for teams that dont make it.

Edited by VVonka, 23 June 2016 - 09:15 AM.

#2 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:30 AM

Right now their Standings formula is incorrect, you can't have 2 ranked #2 and a #3. But yes, there is a possibility of having more than 5 teams in the top 5. But there is no mention of how it will be handled in the rules.

There is no stopping the bleeding if the team can't make the match.

#3 VVonka

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:39 AM

We will start to see some teams leave if it is clear they are eliminated and the grind is too much. If they announced prizes for certain rankings on the qualifier it may persuade some teams to stick around and go for the prize. A mini tournament in the tournament.

The tie rules or process for picking the regional finalist needs to be defined asap however.

#4 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:42 AM

Honestly any team with more than 5 losses is likely to be "eliminated". I know I'll be updating my standings/contacts sheet with eliminated teams once we hit the halfway mark.

#5 VVonka

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:00 AM

Teams may not realize that even though we do. But it may become more apparent as it goes along. Still will give the majority of teams something to play for.

But Primary point of this post is the tie rules / clarification.

#6 VVonka

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:15 AM

BUMP -

PGI?

Tie breaker rules? Prizes for non regional finalists?

#7 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:09 PM

It's obviously not important enough to be answered... let alone updating the scoreboard/leaderboard for the tourney.

#8 NGxT

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:57 PM

i fully expect all ties to be tiebroken with head to head results. in the case of a 3 way tie, i would expect a playoff round robin.

#9 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:35 AM

Was anyone expecting Community manager or even pgi would answer to this?

#10 McValium

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 301 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:56 AM

The information will probably be given when rules/conditions for the top 5 regional finals are anounced. (if its even necessary at that point)

#11 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:59 AM

one of those, "we'll cross that bridge if/when we get there"

#12 Crystal Blade

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:13 AM

well, since every team plays every other team, if two teams are tied with the same W/L record, the obvious solution (even for PGI, one would hope) is that the team which beat the other in their matchup would be the higher ranked of the two... although it does potentially become slightly more problematic if three or more teams finish with the same record (especially if each has beaten and lost to one of the others).

but regardless, the rules for ties and tiebreakers, as well as prizes for those outside of the regional finalists, should certainly have been clarified and announced much sooner.

Edited by Crystal Blade, 02 July 2016 - 10:23 AM.

#13 VVonka

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:43 AM

At this point I will settle for announced at all. I mean we assume some things but we also didnt assume this schedule or other things that have been done. My hope was by starting this conversation we can be proactive about something BEFORE its a problem.

I also thought it would be nice if teams that have been eliminated at this point but are still fighting would have something to aim for.

#14 VVonka

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:52 AM

UPDATE:

So the new team ranking seems to sort first on losses with Wins being a tie breaker, but they have gone back to multiple teams sharing a place without it effecting the places below.

So clarity is still needed, for a tournament of this size draw rules should be well established and communicated. According to this screen shot 7 teams are in the top 5:

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users