4 replies to this topic

#1 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:14 AM

Yeah, was kinda waiting for an opportunity for such a thread. Alot of whining and surprisingly alot of praising aswell for the patch notes. Still we should judge the worth of them changes after the patch hit and with some mech action.

Now a few things first.

I have not been playing to much MWO lately, maybe a few matches here and there.
I have other things to do and other games to play.
Namely one very interesting survival game, Subnautica. (big water planet, sea monsters, interesting plot, etc)
And oh hoy what a community!
Unknown Worlds is the developer of Subnautica (the same guys behind natural selection 2). Now, PGI have been around since 2000, UW around since 2001. So this is no small indie group.

The thing is.. they got this Trello tool for murdering bugs, fixing glitches, adding and removing content, balancing all in a sort of symbiosis/ co-operation with their community.

https://trello.com/b...ica-development

Im kinda surprised that this isnt more used, it seems to be such an obious, helpful tool!

They have recently launched their game on the Xbox1 in "preview" mode, sort of like Steams early access. Their first console game. And not only that, the game itself for both platforms have built-in Feedback option. So you can report anything loco and wrong in-game to them.

Describing what is wrong, giving a rating and send in a picture. I found myself really engaged with helping out. And the Developers responds, thanks us and are working their asses of to improve the game, set for release in August.

The point is, PGI really should consider using Trello, maybe even build it into MWO.
I bet the communication and feedback and understanding of how PGI works would quench the ever ongoing and mind numbing questions on "what going on? why did they nerf this, buff that??"

This would make the dart board balances a no go!

I think this could help out PGI and us alike. Knowing what going on in their minds more clearly, how things are going and we get more responds aswell. No, twitter dosent fully cut it as a communication tool.

Im not sure if the ship have sailed and its to late for PGI, but it could be the one thing that can really help them and us out.

Would be interesting to hear your thoughts about this.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:35 AM

League of Legends have patch note videos explaining the reasons for the buff/nerfs/changes, even back when they were a small studio. I'm hoping that PGI can do the same.

#3 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:46 AM

Didnt know that. Great to hear.
In fact would be nice to have a list over developers that actually uses such practices. Such should be universial for any developers wanting to have a strong community and fanbase, which can help them out in times of need and vice versa.

#4 ComradeHavoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:48 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 16 July 2016 - 02:35 AM, said:

League of Legends have patch note videos explaining the reasons for the buff/nerfs/changes, even back when they were a small studio. I'm hoping that PGI can do the same.

You've been here longer than I have, and yet you still believe in fairy tales.

#5 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:54 AM

Hmm, well. Size of corporations, cash flow and whatnot corrupts the greater it is.
And out of the blue, Im surprised 343 studios who work on the Halo franchise actually have improved, they are going for free expansions now of all things, merging the semi-split community back together. They just needed that one game of their own to work out the kinks...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users