Question

7 replies to this topic

#1 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:26 PM

It says it increases missile accuracy but how? It seems to me that w/o it all my missiles hit. does it mean the spread of the missiles? if so by how much does it reduce the spread?. another question when it comes to missiles what part of a mech do they try to hit? is it CT random or does it try and spread it equitably?

I mostly ask when it comes to S-SRMs but i would love to also know about LRMs

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:53 PM

Missiles, being guided munitions reorient to their target some four times or so in flight. I forget the actual number, but it's prolly more like eight. Anyways, point being both tag an narc double the amount of times the missiles auto-correct. And corrected missile fly towards center mass, meinging if they correct more often they'll correct just afore hitting which'll put em closer to CT. (I think it also helps tighten spread, but I've never tried it out in a safe controlled environment.)

~Leone.

#3 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

would also like to add why does it say it counters ECM when it doesn't. if i am ECMed i still can not lock

#4 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:43 PM

It will counter some of the effects of ECM, the ECM bubble that prevents locking a target protected by it. That it counters up to it's 750meter range which is more than most other ways.

But I guess it won't counter the jamming effect of ECM, when the ECM mech is close. That's something like 150m, I don't remember the exact range.

If you have many streaks you will need active probe because that will allow you to target while being jammed.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:16 AM

what TAG does
tightens spread for LRMs
speeds missile lock
allows you to penetrate enemy ECM to lock a Mech under ECM, however this only works if your Mech is not under an enemy ECM
increases tracking strengh (number of course corrections in flight).

if you are taking SSRMs Active Probe will be much more useful (and is still worth having if you are taking LRMs)
what Active probe does
increases sensor range by 200m
speeds target info (does not help with missile lock time)
allows the detection of shutdown Mechs within 90m
makes UAVs targetable within range
shuts down 1 enemy ECM within 240m

if taking regular SRMs nether of those help, the only thing which helps normal SRMs is Artemus
what Artemus does
effects stack with TAG
speeds missile lock for LRMs and SSRMs
increases tracking strengh for LRMs
tightens missile spread for LRMs or SRMs (not SSRMs)
adds 1 ton and 1 slot to each LRM and SRM (not SSRMs, meaning the reduced lock time makes Artemus realy good for SSRMs)

#6 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:12 AM

so tag only tightens spread for LRMs not S-SRMS?

#7 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:39 AM

View PostCichol Balor, on 29 March 2017 - 05:12 AM, said:

so tag only tightens spread for LRMs not S-SRMS?

correct, SSRMs when launched randomly taget 1 componant (but will not target head), so if you fire a cSSRM6 there is a pretty good chance the missiles will all hit diferant componants, e.g. 1 hit each both legs, both arms, left torso and center torso

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 29 March 2017 - 06:39 AM.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:17 AM

View PostLeone, on 28 March 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

Missiles, being guided munitions reorient to their target some four times or so in flight. I forget the actual number, but it's prolly more like eight. Anyways, point being both tag an narc double the amount of times the missiles auto-correct. And corrected missile fly towards center mass, meinging if they correct more often they'll correct just afore hitting which'll put em closer to CT. (I think it also helps tighten spread, but I've never tried it out in a safe controlled environment.)

~Leone.

The number is 12 times for Artemis + TAG.
I'm not exactly sure how many it is for TAG or Artemis by itself, but the number is cumulative.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users