Seems People Have Found Other Games To Play

38 replies to this topic

#1 ZealotTheFallen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 264 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:27 AM

Too little too late, since beta we have seen population go up and down, now it is below the lowest point i have ever seen. Fw on our teamspeak would have 2 to 3 12 mans. morning 9am pst a 12 man should be running. 5 people are on now at 10.15 pst 5 hhhmmm seems the buying of mechs and no new content just destroyed the interest of playing FW. we have players from every other faction and clan come to our teamspeak to find a match now noone. yesterday could never find people to play. one planet that did have players, the defending unit not complete 12 man fights against 12 man tier 1-2 players. how long does this go on 1-2 matches all leave quickplay and many rather read a book like me. your new patch has and will cause more to give up as thier seems to be no one in PGI that really trully cares about this game except taking money for mechs that will never be played. Sad

#2 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:30 AM

formatting and sentences presented with linear thought progression, please? Posted Image

#3 BigJim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:32 AM

True, but not for the reason you mention.

Been waiting over 18 days for support to help with an ongoing issue I've had, that makes the game unplayable (literally so).
So this week I've done something I hadn't done in the 4 or so years I've been here.

Installed other games. Deus Ex (never did get round to playing ti 16yrs ago), among several others I've had sitting on my hard drives for god knows how long. I might play MWO again, some day, but who knows?
It's sad in a way, because I had no inclination to play anything else since I started with MWO...

*EDIT* Agreed with Bishop - punctuation and paragraphs are good for society.

Edited by BigJim, 18 July 2016 - 09:33 AM.

#4 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:32 AM

Its summer and a lot more to do outside. Posted Image

MechWarrior online is the best pvp multi player game out so there are not a lot of alternative games that will have any staying power keeping players from returning.

This game has no advertising yet as well, so expect it to be quiet for some time.

Also I bet a few got perma banned. Posted Image

Oh and Mechwarrior Online needs to put the warrior in MechWarrior. Until then its missing a key element., and should just be called "Mech Online" :)

Edited by Johnny Z, 18 July 2016 - 09:38 AM.

#5 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:33 AM

Came looking for some other games to play. Leaving disappointed.

#6 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:35 AM

View PostBigJim, on 18 July 2016 - 09:32 AM, said:

True, but not for the reason you mention.

Been waiting over 18 days for support to help with an ongoing issue I've had, that makes the game unplayable (literally so).
So this week I've done something I hadn't done in the 4 or so years I've been here.

Installed other games. Deus Ex (never did get round to playing ti 16yrs ago), among several others I've had sitting on my hard drives for god knows how long. I might play MWO again, some day, but who knows?
It's sad in a way, because I had no inclination to play anything else since I started with MWO...

*EDIT* Agreed with Bishop - punctuation and paragraphs are good for society.

Yeah...not trying to come off rude (at least more than normal)... just IDK...came off as one of those walls of text that made my eyes glaze before I discerned the point. Which could be a very valid one.

#7 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:35 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 18 July 2016 - 09:32 AM, said:

Its summer and a lot more to do outside. Posted Image

I think this is a large part of it too.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 18 July 2016 - 09:36 AM.

#8 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:39 AM

View PostFelio, on 18 July 2016 - 09:33 AM, said:

Came looking for some other games to play. Leaving disappointed.

Yeah, what is the better alternative, really?

Overwatch? World of Warcraft meets Unreal Tournament? No thanks.
World of Tanks? Invisible tanks that aren't rendered because the game decides you can't spot them? No thanks.
CounterStrike:GO? Supreme twitch skills and about as much realism as Street Fighter 2? No thanks.

It's not that I think MWO is a perfect game. That's not why I'm still playing. It's just that every other FPS / combat sim game I've tried is worse. War Thunder, Star Conflict, Armored Warfare, you name it. It goes from bad to worse.

#9 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:40 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 18 July 2016 - 09:39 AM, said:

World of Tanks? Invisible tanks that aren't rendered because the game decides you can't spot them? No thanks.
CounterStrike:GO? Supreme twitch skills and about as much realism as Street Fighter 2? No thanks.

It's not that I think MWO is a perfect game. That's not why I'm still playing. It's just that every other FPS / combat sim game I've tried is worse. War Thunder, Star Conflict, Armored Warfare, you name it. It goes from bad to worse.

World of Warships is fun, for quick action with IMO much deeper better realized combat mechanics.

But it does have zero immersion.

#10 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:45 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 July 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

World of Warships is fun, for quick action with IMO much deeper better realized combat mechanics.

But it does have zero immersion.

Yeah, lack of immersion is a problem for me. What about Battlefleet Gothic Armada? I always loved the tabletop game, which never reached mainstream popularity, unfortunately. Same as Epic 40k. But maybe the video game is good? WW2 warships in space?

#11 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:47 AM

Been lucky to have been feeling well and having a lot of little projects to finnish up so I haven't been chasing new games. Did the Fallout 4 thing and probably will return when the modding picks up so for now I play a few matches here once in a while. Other than that there is so much going on in the world you can witness the descent into the abyss by the hour now. Should be a big news week with all the armed camps heading to the RNC. Too many idiots in tight quarters and all that. The other Idiots get their convention soon after so any moment the bloodbath into civil war may start.

More interesting than any game I know of.

#12 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:49 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 18 July 2016 - 09:45 AM, said:

Yeah, lack of immersion is a problem for me. What about Battlefleet Gothic Armada? I always loved the tabletop game, which never reached mainstream popularity, unfortunately. Same as Epic 40k. But maybe the video game is good? WW2 warships in space?

Haven't tried it. I developed a serious hate for all things GW a couple decades back, and just have never been able to shake it.

#13 Stone Wall

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:49 AM

Being summer should increase population. I know it did for other games I've played. This is when summer sales and free2play weekenda happen.

#14 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:53 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 18 July 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

Been lucky to have been feeling well and having a lot of little projects to finnish up so I haven't been chasing new games. Did the Fallout 4 thing and probably will return when the modding picks up so for now I play a few matches here once in a while. Other than that there is so much going on in the world you can witness the descent into the abyss by the hour now. Should be a big news week with all the armed camps heading to the RNC. Too many idiots in tight quarters and all that. The other Idiots get their convention soon after so any moment the bloodbath into civil war may start.

More interesting than any game I know of.

Only believe what you see. Even that can be faked on TV/computer. Not saying your right or wrong, just that some have a problem with the truth.

The smartest thing I have ever heard anyone ever say was in Episode 1 of Star Wars. "Your focus determines your reality"

Edited by Johnny Z, 18 July 2016 - 09:59 AM.

#15 KHETTI

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:54 AM

Of all things, i've been playing a little bit of DayZ, strange game, you essentially spend hours doing nothing really, but somehow it kinda fun.
But my god does it eat up the hours!.

#16 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:03 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 18 July 2016 - 09:53 AM, said:

Only believe what you see. Even that can be faked on TV/computer. Not saying your right or wrong, just that some have a problem with the truth.

The smartest thing I have ever heard anyone ever say was in Episode 1 of Star Wars. "Your focus determines your reality"

Agreed. Check source three or four ways and read foreign news sources. Once you do its easy to see the wall of lies erected for consumption. In reality I think you would need a 12 man team of researchers to keep up with all the events going on and have some truth in any of it. I just follow the trends more than anything else.

#17 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:06 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 18 July 2016 - 09:39 AM, said:

3 words: Digital...Combat...Simulator

#18 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:11 AM

View PostKHETTI, on 18 July 2016 - 09:54 AM, said:

Of all things, i've been playing a little bit of DayZ, strange game, you essentially spend hours doing nothing really, but somehow it kinda fun.
But my god does it eat up the hours!.

I miss when that YouTuber FrankieOnPCin1080p did DayZ videos. He made the game look really immersive.. but, also like it's you, the player, versus groups of 10+ people that kill anyone not in their group.

..and now all he does is crappy sponsored content videos. RIP

#19 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:12 AM

I come back to MWO when events happen or patches come out. That's pretty much it. I'm so burned out on all the terrible balancing decisions.

Instead, I've been playing a lot of Overwatch and XCom 2.

#20 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:16 AM

Steam isn't an accurate portrayal of the number of accounts being played.

The leaderboards are generally much closer, though you can likely filter out ones that are under 10 matches- which still puts you around 35-40,000 or so active accounts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users