• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 17 July 2016 - 08:55 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 July 2016 - 08:24 AM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...ocurator-derek/

It's not on his topic list anymore, and he ain't green. Perhaps Paul had them exiled for daring to talk to his stalker-crush girl? Posted Image

perhaps it was felt by some of the silent Mods that interacting with the vulgar masses was unseemly, and they were excommunicated?

So basically Derek and Andi took the heat because the paid staff didn't do their jobs properly, and when they brought how bad things were to the attention of the person that should be here, they got fired ?

If that's the case P.G.I hit a new low, and I feel very sorry for Derek and Andi

#22 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:01 AM

View PostCathy, on 17 July 2016 - 08:55 AM, said:

So basically Derek and Andi took the heat because the paid staff didn't do their jobs properly, and when they brought how bad things were to the attention of the person that should be here, they got fired ?

If that's the case P.G.I hit a new low, and I feel very sorry for Derek and Andi

I don't really feel that way. IMO he positioned himself in a way a Mod simply shouldn't. I'm not really sure stuff like this would fly with another company, either.

#23 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:02 AM

Its a shame.

Those were good guys who were just trying to help and got canned for it.

Guess it just goes to show how PGI really feels about its player base.

Buy a Mech Pack

Disclaimer- All Mechs bought are subject to bait and switch. The Mech you buy today will be nerfed into the ground within 2 months. Enjoy!

Edited by JaxRiot, 17 July 2016 - 09:04 AM.

#24 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:02 AM

Punishing those who work for free with good intentions is great if you want to kill your community.

Edited by Antares102, 17 July 2016 - 09:03 AM.

#25 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:05 AM

flew too close to the sun........

#26 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:08 AM

View PostAntares102, on 17 July 2016 - 09:02 AM, said:

Punishing those who work for free with good intentions is great if you want to kill your community.

Possibly. But the actions could have been taken at other individuals behest or spurring. Several individuals had beef with Scout. *shrugs* It's all speculation, ATM.

But here's one thing..not that I agree with it fully, but: If you put yourself into position to Moderate a Community, you largely are agreeing to give up your freedom for the "greater good". You can't push agendas, platforms, etc. It's one (of many) reason I would never take a position as a Mod. I feel having the freedom to cry "bullcrap" is a much greater "duty" to the community than offering to police it. Mind you, some are better suited to be the Police. But what you don't want, in any society, is the Police trying to set policy.

#27 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:11 AM

View PostAntares102, on 17 July 2016 - 09:02 AM, said:

Yep, thats about right.

PGI- "Oh, so you're a proactive Moderator who works his *** off for free, defends PGI, and wants to help build better communications between the players and the Devs? You're Fired Scrub!"

Kinda pathetic really

Just dont forget to buy a Mech Pack though

#28 StumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:15 AM

Is there a way to see whether Russ has blocked the Twitter account Derek created? (The account is still there but hasn't been updated in 18 hours.)

#29 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:15 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 July 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

Possibly. But the actions could have been taken at other individuals behest or spurring. Several individuals had beef with Scout. *shrugs* It's all speculation, ATM.

But here's one thing..not that I agree with it fully, but: If you put yourself into position to Moderate a Community, you largely are agreeing to give up your freedom for the "greater good". You can't push agendas, platforms, etc. It's one (of many) reason I would never take a position as a Mod. I feel having the freedom to cry "bullcrap" is a much greater "duty" to the community than offering to police it. Mind you, some are better suited to be the Police. But what you don't want, in any society, is the Police trying to set policy.

Exactly. You can't do anything like that. I take full responsibility for the punishment i received.

I'm just going to be done with the forums. Too much drama, too many problems, and so on and so forth.

Like meteorol said, positioned myself wrong.

Going to be done with being around here. Maybe just stop even coming here much save for updates and whatnot.

Meanwhile I'm off to go play in better communities with actual feedback and more development at a faster place.

In short, took the position I shouldn't have.

Have a good day, and I'll possibly talk to you in the future on another day, month, or year. The Twitter I don't know what to do with it, maybe you guys can make a thread and I'll read and keep trying to communicate. maybe.

<o

#30 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:17 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 17 July 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

I don't really feel that way. IMO he positioned himself in a way a Mod simply shouldn't. I'm not really sure stuff like this would fly with another company, either.

Mod's are human, they could have just shut down thread after thread, and been called the killers of free speech and other nasiter things, but they didn't, they allowed that speech, they saw a community pissed off at the paid staffs antic's and did what they felt was right.

Whether it fell outside what they were supposed to do, is irrelevant, Derek was fair, and reasonable, Andi was shaping up to be of the same fair standard.

If they had shut everything down, then this place would be missing even more paying customers than it already is.

As I said, if its true, but it seems the most likely event, it really is a damming endorsement on what P.G.I really think about us.

well Derek's post arrived while I was typing this.

Edited by Cathy, 17 July 2016 - 09:19 AM.

#31 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:23 AM

View PostProcurator Derek, on 17 July 2016 - 09:15 AM, said:

Exactly. You can't do anything like that. I take full responsibility for the punishment i received.

I'm just going to be done with the forums. Too much drama, too many problems, and so on and so forth.

Going to be done with being around here. Maybe just stop even coming here much save for updates and whatnot.

Meanwhile I'm off to go play in better communities with actual feedback and more development at a faster place.

Have a good day, and I'll possibly talk to you in the future on another day, month, or year. The Twitter I don't know what to do with it, maybe you guys can make a thread and I'll read and keep trying to communicate. maybe.

<o

Punished for trying to help. So sad.

PGI showing its true colors

But I guess no good deed goes unpunished... especially on our little island ruled by PGI

Best of luck to you Scout. Gonna miss you bro

Dont forget to buy a Mech Pack before you leave, mkay

#32 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:24 AM

View PostJaxRiot, on 17 July 2016 - 09:23 AM, said:

PGI showing its true colors

Some huge egos up there.

#33 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:29 AM

View PostCathy, on 17 July 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

did what they felt was right.
Whether it fell outside what they were supposed to do, is irrelevant, Derek was fair, and reasonable,

Whether something falls outside of what you are supposed to do is never irrelevant. Never. If your occupation is doing something, you do what you are supposed to do, and not what you "feel is right". Every occupation has rules, it doesn't matter if you are paid or if you are doing it for free. If you cross those rules, there are going to be consequences, if the other part doesn't agree with the way you acted.

Now, i'm not saying i do agree with said rules. But apparently they are there, and Derek put himself into the danger of breaking them. Again, i'm not sure any other company would allow their volunteer mods something similar.

Edited by meteorol, 17 July 2016 - 09:31 AM.

#34 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:29 AM

<o

That's a shame dude. Thanks for taking the time to moderate here. Always fun to drop with you too!

PGI is really coming off as the "wanna buy a mechpack?" developer, who doesn't really care about actually fixing their game, listening to feedback of their community and engaged players, and throwing out fixes that are not well thought out or without an actual core reason. It's like patch after patch, there is some "fix" that actually breaks more than fixes it. Last patch it was the stupid new minimap that rotated that NO ONE asked for. This time, nerfs for mechs that don't need it.

I am extremely glad that I requested refund for my pending mech packs. I only continue to play this game because I like Battletech, and it's just gonna be free to play for me.

All the best Derek, and please come shoot things with us.

Edited by Telemachus Rheade, 17 July 2016 - 09:30 AM.

#35 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:37 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 17 July 2016 - 09:29 AM, said:

Whether something falls outside of what you are supposed to do is never irrelevant. Never. If your occupation is doing something, you do what you are supposed to do, and not what you "feel is right". Every occupation has rules, it doesn't matter if you are paid or if you are doing it for free. If you cross those rules, there are going to be consequences, if the other part doesn't agree with the way you acted.

Now, i'm not saying i do agree with said rules. But apparently they are there, and Derek put himself into the danger of breaking them. Again, i'm not sure any other company would allow their volunteer mods something similar.

I was only obeying orders has been proven to not be a defence in a law court though

Catch 22 ?

#36 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,741 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:41 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 17 July 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

They were not allowed to create and post from alt accounts. Tina just made a post about that a few days ago, I think.

View PostTina Benoit, on 12 July 2016 - 10:46 AM, said:

Making an Alt account to play MWO is not against CoC.
However posting on the forums with more than 1 account is.
There's several reasons why posting with 2 accounts can cause conflicts.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 17 July 2016 - 09:47 AM.

#37 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:45 AM

View PostCathy, on 17 July 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

I was only obeying orders has been proven to not be a defence in a law court though

Catch 22 ?

Ahem! That was only valid in the few years after WW2, and all due to what is termed Victor's Justice. Fast forward a few decades later and it is a very valid defense for several people who otherwise should be behind bars today. It's just a matter of who you were or who you were obeying.

Don't be fooled.

Edited by Mystere, 17 July 2016 - 09:59 AM.

#38 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:57 AM

<o

I don't accept that as an answer, Derek. While I disagreed with your positon I maintain a respect for you as one of if not the only moderator who actually talks to us. You spoke with us more often than Tina, the COMMUNITY MANAGER, and started more topics of discussion than Tina, the COMMUNITY MANAGER.

If you wish to leave MWO then I wish you the best of luck in the future. /Salute.

#39 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:59 AM

View PostCathy, on 17 July 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

Catch 22 ?

That is mixing up several things. If you are referring to criminal law cases (which i think you do), that can't be transferred to the area of contracts in first place. Futhermore "i was also obeying orders" is a defence suited for 3 Person (or more) cases where you follow one persons orders and thereby either harm a third person or break a law. What happened here is strictly between PGI and Derek. Derek broke rules created by PGI, PGI drew the consequences. No third party or external rules were affected. As someone who works in law business, i'm pretty baffled by this argument, tbh. You are obviously aiming at those " Someone ordered soldiers to shoot civilians " cases, but this is so far-fetched in this specific situation that i didn't even had it in mind when writing my first post.

If your employer specifically tells you not to do something and you still do it, chances are you will lose your job (how fast depends on how your countries employment law is shaped).

#40 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:10 AM

Alright. New plan. Everybody go to Twitter. Ask them to reinstate Derek and Andi. Don't be a jerk about it but express your displeasure at the situation as best as you can in under 140 characters. Make it very clear that we will not purchase any additional mech packs, savage crate keys, etc until the situation is resolved amicably. Please do cancel your pre-orders if you have them now. This is simply unacceptable and once again PGI has failed us at communication. Now we lost the one guy who actually spoke with us and he didn't even get paid!

44 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 44 guests, 0 anonymous users