Was The Clanner's Precious Patron Saint, Nicky K, A Closet Larper?

51 replies to this topic

#21 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:17 AM

View PostWhaler, on 19 July 2016 - 11:06 AM, said:

#clanpilotsmater

clan pilots mater? Like tow-mater?
Posted Image

View PostKael Posavatz, on 19 July 2016 - 11:05 AM, said:

Have you considered a campaign to have wolves renamed 'pre-dogs'? Purely for science of course, it simply does not do for scientists to be using Angsty Teenager when referring to species.

And at least the Clans haven not chosen to name themselves after the receptacle of their drug-of-choice, Stein...er. Posted Image

Not even the strung-out Goliath Scorpions.

Hey, I had a lot of fun getting baked with the Scorpions Khan while singing "Rock you like a Hurricane" at Strana Mechty Karaoke night!

#22 TechChris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Midwest, I think??? Dang "Drinkin Man's" Shooter bad for my memory! ^_^

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:18 AM

Holy Moly!

Something is out of alignment...... The MWO universe must be doomed! Our patron forum warrior BS has become so bored with playing the actual game and the repetitive salty b****y whiny threads of the forums that he's taken to making filthy clammer ****posts instead of white Knighting or glorious dozen page arguments with knuckle heads!!!!!!!!

*runs around screaming*
The end is coming, the end is coming!!!!!

Anyhow... Still hilarious, and I too have had my suspicions about them clammers n there "rituals" n such!

Edited by TechChris, 19 July 2016 - 11:20 AM.

#23 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:20 AM

View PostNomex 09, on 19 July 2016 - 11:10 AM, said:

Posted Image

best clan dekul EVER

View PostVoid Angel, on 19 July 2016 - 11:13 AM, said:

#sibkosschoolingsucks #Clannerscantspell

I'm told - but have not sourced the claim - that the Clans were intended as module-based RPG enemies, rather than a balanced faction in their own right. So while I don't know if it's true, it makes the Clan Invasion make more sense - from the unstoppable onslaught all the way to the Deus Ex Tukayyid that gave the Inner Sphere time to tool up the factories and fight back.

And don't get me started on NaziSpaceHun "culture."

Also, has anyone noticed that any Clan that doesn't have an Adjective to go with their Animal, gets rofflepowned? Clan Wolf gets effectively destroyed, and then there's Wolverine...

Well, I blame the destruction of Wolverine on those darn anime kiddies that caused all the idiotic retcons in the 1990s, like bones claws and such nonsense.......

#Loganwascoolerbeforethe90s

#24 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:22 AM

because smoke jaguars does not fit into this row? or Jade falcon? many sound weird. I think wolf and coyote sounds quite ok, nothing with weird extracheese in front.

#25 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:24 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 19 July 2016 - 11:22 AM, said:

because smoke jaguars does not fit into this row? or Jade falcon? many sound weird. I think wolf and coyote sounds quite ok, nothing with weird extracheese in front.

Probably why Wolves were the focus...they were the least Thundercats silly sounding choice... and well... really.. how fearsome does "Clan Coyote" sound?
Posted Image
I mean...really?

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 19 July 2016 - 11:25 AM.

#26 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,950 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:28 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 July 2016 - 11:20 AM, said:

best clan dekul EVER

Well, I blame the destruction of Wolverine on those darn anime kiddies that caused all the idiotic retcons in the 1990s, like bones claws and such nonsense.......

#Loganwascoolerbeforethe90s

Ah, you can't blame that on anime - that was just some Marvel authors jumping the shark to try and make Magneto a scary villain by jacking his power up through the roof. As opposed to, you know, writing him well.

#27 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:32 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 19 July 2016 - 11:28 AM, said:

Ah, you can't blame that on anime - that was just some Marvel authors jumping the shark to try and make Magneto a scary villain by jacking his power up through the roof. As opposed to, you know, writing him well.

yeah, but a lot of it was in regard to the fan requests of the same crappy anime crowd that basically made Wolverine and Punisher the two "faces" of Marvel in the 90s.. the same kids who think that frigging Dragonball is some sort of story telling and artistic accomplishment.

Shallow and Brutal are cool, and edgy, dontcha know? Just ask Tarantino.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 19 July 2016 - 11:32 AM.

#28 Coralld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:32 AM

It makes perfect sense now!!

It also made sense why some of these Clans also joined the IS because they were all like "Ok, this sh!t is getting a bit to weird, we are going to hang out with these guys over here. Sure we picked on them for a bit but we are cool with them now. As for you guys staying here... Yeah you just stay here... Away from us... Like, far away from us... For a very very very long time... Like, forever!"

#29 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:39 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 July 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

Probably why Wolves were the focus...they were the least Thundercats silly sounding choice... and well... really.. how fearsome does "Clan Coyote" sound?
Posted Image
I mean...really?

true, but at least they weren't soundign liek "smoke jaguar" aka, "they are some stoned guys right?"

View PostVoid Angel, on 19 July 2016 - 11:28 AM, said:

not anime related, there is a point in american movies that made evrythign has to go bigger stronger and just more. And that indeed lost the sense being something proper in story.

Edited by Lily from animove, 19 July 2016 - 11:42 AM.

#30 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,950 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:44 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 July 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

yeah, but a lot of it was in regard to the fan requests of the same crappy anime crowd that basically made Wolverine and Punisher the two "faces" of Marvel in the 90s.. the same kids who think that frigging Dragonball is some sort of story telling and artistic accomplishment.

Shallow and Brutal are cool, and edgy, dontcha know? Just ask Tarantino.

Well, I was into anime, too - but I really don't know how much that influence really messed with the X-men storyline. My take is that the internal conflicts that led to people forming Image had more to do with that; new writers trying to put their stamp on a series that had a huge history of epic stories. How do you top the Dark Phoenix Saga? "Well, what if Magneto didn't actually die, but nearly "discorporated" in Earth's magnetosphere, and it made him scary powerful, and then he takes Wolverine and..." Remember, this was after Image.

#31 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,950 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:47 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 19 July 2016 - 11:39 AM, said:

true, but at least they weren't soundign liek "smoke jaguar" aka, "they are some stoned guys right?"

not anime related, there is a point in american movies that made evrythign has to go bigger stronger and just more. And that indeed lost the sense being something proper in story.

Oh, it's anime-related, too - ever hear of "Goku Syndrome?"

#32 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:48 AM

Cause all Clans are the same? Much less all Clansmen are the exact same? Ok....those who follows house blood lines blindly, ravages war and almost nukes each other back to stone age :P You are right, IS so much more civilized lately. ALL of you Spheroid's be tripping right? :P

#33 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:48 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 19 July 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:

Well, I was into anime, too - but I really don't know how much that influence really messed with the X-men storyline. My take is that the internal conflicts that led to people forming Image had more to do with that; new writers trying to put their stamp on a series that had a huge history of epic stories. How do you top the Dark Phoenix Saga? "Well, what if Magneto didn't actually die, but nearly "discorporated" in Earth's magnetosphere, and it made him scary powerful, and then he takes Wolverine and..." Remember, this was after Image.

Yeah..Image... another sign of the flash over substance 90s (along with grunge). There's a reason most Image titles actually reeked worse than week old fish. (and not just the overstylized lets all imitate Jim Lee's art style that it promoted)

And I'm not actually attacking Anime... some, like Macross, VOTOMS, Venus Wars, Akira, wings of honneamise, etc was brilliant stuff. But that seems like a subset of the Anime Crowd that arose in the 90s (same uprising that got us mechs with samurai sword sin frigging battletech)

How Rob Liefeld still gets hired is simply...astounding.

#34 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:49 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 19 July 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

Oh, it's anime-related, too - ever hear of "Goku Syndrome?"

but it's not caused by anime, it's just the stupid lazy writers way of "progressing" a story by just makiing it a bit more of all that was before instea of writing a creative story.

#35 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

View PostCK16, on 19 July 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

Cause all Clans are the same? Much less all Clansmen are the exact same? Ok....those who follows house blood lines blindly, ravages war and almost nukes each other back to stone age Posted Image You are right, IS so much more civilized lately. ALL of you Spheroid's be tripping right? Posted Image

Don't you need to get your Yogi Bear costume to the cleaners before the next Clanner Picnic?

#36 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 19 July 2016 - 11:09 AM, said:

My german knowledge is basically non-existent, but i'm pretty sure Stein means "stone" or "rock"

A literal translation, yes.

However, a 'stein' is a neologism for traditional stoneware mugs from which beer is drunk.

Also, 'Stein' is one of the names by which the Chenin blanc grape is known by for those who prefer whine...er,
wine.

#37 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:58 AM

I swear we have had this thread before with that exact picture and a lot of the same replies...

#38 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:00 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 19 July 2016 - 11:58 AM, said:

I swear we have had this thread before with that exact picture and a lot of the same replies...

pretty sure there were no Dio or Hair Metal references. Gonna feel the urge to dig it up, report, etc?

#39 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:01 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 19 July 2016 - 11:58 AM, said:

A glitch in the Matrix

#40 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:02 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 19 July 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

A glitch in the Matrix

I'd say go search for proof... but looks like the Search Function is toast, again. (Amazing how that happens every time PGI comes under heavy scrutiny... trying to make bringing up past indiscretions difficult, maybe?)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 19 July 2016 - 12:02 PM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users