[MOVIE] your plug to the studio.

1 reply to this topic

#1 Moncai Icaza

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:44 AM

ok we have had a couple of movie threads including one that discusses when to set it but a little game to go further. what would you plug to paramount, warner or fox? layout follows

Director:

Time line:

Cast:

Plot summery:

Follow up:

so for me.

Director: Joss Whedon

Timeline: The amaris coup (something known but not novelised and a good intro to battletech with its own politics and alows for later followup whith the big houses later)

Cast: tough one this needs someone like red october Connery for kerensky but he is to old now so maybe william Defoe with nicholas being daniel radcliffe amaris needs to be shifty but commanding with his own forces sooooo maybe danei craig if he could go shifty evil or david tennant.

Plot: Stick to the war include several of the major genisis chariters like those that became the clan founders include the light horse and blackwatch/highlanders finish with the SDLF leaving the inner sphere.

Follow up: a hbo style tv series set around the wolf dragoons return with other movies bringing in the clan wars & operation serpent with the final series being the fedcom civil war.

so theres my pitch show me yours :ph34r:

#2 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:17 AM

I'm an indie film maker (this is my Kickstarter for an existing project). I have, in pre-production, a BattleTech "commercial". It's more of a fan-made thing with all the appropriate disclaimers. I mentioned it to Herb Beas. Got a favorable response. I'm staying away from anything that is specific to MechWarrior, since I don't feel like having Microshaft or anyone else ram a C&D up my ***.

Planning on making it two minutes long. It won't focus on the 'Mechs themselves since that will require either CGI or someone's video game footage. I'm planning on shooting in a Tesla II pod with one of my cosplay neurohelmets, and maybe include a shot of hangar doors opening and a 'Mech inside, but that will be the extent of actual 'Mech footage. The rest will be the human element: a prospective 'Mech pilot going through Basic Training, mostly.

Edited by Firefly, 17 July 2012 - 05:17 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users