• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 19 July 2016 - 05:27 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 19 July 2016 - 05:15 PM, said:

what a joke this will backfire on PGI

might as well add bunny ears and antlers

I want those helmets they use on the battlefield in Game of Thrones. Like Robert's or a the Black Dragon,

#22 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

View PostDakota1000, on 19 July 2016 - 02:12 PM, said:

Posted ImageAlways angry, all the time.

Some of the deckles look really odd and out of price, like they stand out from the camo wayyy too much.

But this.. ..this.. ..this is priceless :P

#23 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Mechwarrior is a world torn by war and in war things must be gritty and super serious all the time.

Posted Image

#24 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 19 July 2016 - 05:38 PM

View Post627, on 19 July 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

yay decals! so show what you did with em! I'll start:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Totally isorla Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 Felbombling

• 2,978 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:35 PM

So, let me get this straight... we cannot have pink as a colour because it would make the Mechs look 'cartoony', but we can apply lips, hearts or happy face decals... ok!

Edited by StaggerCheck, 19 July 2016 - 06:36 PM.

#26 Lynx7725

• 1,710 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:42 PM

Just needed to show who was doing the repossession. :)

Posted Image

Two problems I have with the current system -- no way to blend the decals in, mine's a bit too contrasty, and that the selection is still a bit limited at the moment.

#27 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:47 PM

View PostLynx7725, on 19 July 2016 - 06:42 PM, said:

Just needed to show who was doing the repossession. Posted Image

Posted Image

Two problems I have with the current system -- no way to blend the decals in, mine's a bit too contrasty, and that the selection is still a bit limited at the moment.

I believe they acknowledged that in the patch notes, or n twitter or whatever....and that it will be a gradual work on their end to improve the blending over several patches, for whatever reason.

Call it Dekkals Beta, to go along with all the other Betas in MWO.

View PostStaggerCheck, on 19 July 2016 - 06:35 PM, said:

So, let me get this straight... we cannot have pink as a colour because it would make the Mechs look 'cartoony', but we can apply lips, hearts or happy face decals... ok!

I pasted a pair of pink lips on my mech's tuckus, so IDK about this whole "we don't have pink" thing.... all these kids wanting neon magenta and calling it pink... *smh*

Take an art class or something ya durn punks...grumble grumble grumble.....

#28 Lynx7725

• 1,710 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:48 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 July 2016 - 06:46 PM, said:

I believe they acknowledged that in the patch notes, or n twitter or whatever....and that it will be a gradual work on their end to improve the blending over several patches, for whatever reason.

Call it Dekkals Beta, to go along with all the other Betas in MWO.

Nothing new there, being in Beta. :)

It's not bad. Just need to tweak a bit here and there, and have more options in the decals. However, looking for the right one will be a problem further down the road though.

#29 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:31 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:41 PM

Tried a little dekkels on my new HBK-IIC. Isaac Clarke-ish style.

Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 19 July 2016 - 07:41 PM.

#31 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:45 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 July 2016 - 06:47 PM, said:

I pasted a pair of pink lips on my mech's tuckus, so IDK about this whole "we don't have pink" thing.... all these kids wanting neon magenta and calling it pink... *smh*

Take an art class or something ya durn punks...grumble grumble grumble.....

It's the second time i catch you with that incredibly dumb statement. At 3 strikes you go in the corner of that kindergarten you call "art class". Here's new words for you TINTs, SHADEs, TONEs.

#32 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:53 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

These mechs will look better in a few days. Just did these quick.

Edited by Johnny Z, 19 July 2016 - 08:12 PM.

#33 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:58 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 19 July 2016 - 07:45 PM, said:

It's the second time i catch you with that incredibly dumb statement. At 3 strikes you go in the corner of that kindergarten you call "art class". Here's new words for you TINTs, SHADEs, TONEs.

All useful words, when used correctly toward the correct primary colors. Fact: most men misidentify pink. As someone who had to match color by eye for my employment, I did not have that luxury. If you want to talk about shades and tones, you'd realize we have several, though in the more pastel range of the color. We do lack a good intense pink, but the color samples most have posted when discussing pink have not been. The most common culprit are shades of magenta and mauve, which are their own distinct colors. Feel free to show yourself to the corner.

#34 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:05 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 July 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

All useful words, when used correctly toward the correct primary colors. Fact: most men misidentify pink. As someone who had to match color by eye for my employment, I did not have that luxury. If you want to talk about shades and tones, you'd realize we have several, though in the more pastel range of the color. We do lack a good intense pink, but the color samples most have posted when discussing pink have not been. The most common culprit are shades of magenta and mauve, which are their own distinct colors.

So you are just arguing semantics, is that the extent of your ability to tell us we dont need more pinks? Or are you saying if you want more pink say it correctly? does it even matter if you understand the question in the first place?

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 July 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

Feel free to show yourself to the corner.

You're getting old, we had this exact discussion already, in the end i win. well you already conceded the win.

Edited by DAYLEET, 19 July 2016 - 08:08 PM.

#35 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:10 PM

I was hoping this decals system would rival the level of customisation you can do in a 5 year old need for speed game. Not gonna lie, I'm a bit sad.

#36 -Vompo-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 532 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:11 PM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 19 July 2016 - 06:35 PM, said:

There might not be a color named pink but you can certainly paint your mech pink. Look up color called Terracotta or something like that. It's pretty much light candy pink.

#37 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:20 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 19 July 2016 - 08:05 PM, said:

So you are just arguing semantics, is that the extent of your ability to tell us we dont need more pinks? Or are you saying if you want more pink say it correctly? does it even matter if you understand the question in the first place?

You're getting old, we had this exact discussion already, in the end i win. well you already conceded the win.

I find it best if people actually know what they are asking for. Else they tend to remain disappointed. If what a person really wants is a mauve or magenta, yet they insist on asking for "pink", then they will be dissatisfied when pink is delivered in place of the mauve or magenta they really wanted.

If you want a white pickup truck, and are delivered an ivory one, do you consider it "close enough"?

#38 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:22 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Forgive the one armed-ness currently on another mech. Used the Jade Falcon, Pluto and Blank warning as faction, unit and aircraft style warning decals. When used well I think they add a lot to the game.

edit: Rear view of special variant

Posted Image

Edited by Lucian Nostra, 19 July 2016 - 08:56 PM.

#39 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:22 PM

View Post-Vompo-, on 19 July 2016 - 08:11 PM, said:

There might not be a color named pink but you can certainly paint your mech pink. Look up color called Terracotta or something like that. It's pretty much light candy pink.
several colors, actually, though chassis, and pattern can greatly change results. We do lack a truly intense pink, with our assortment ranging more akin to carnations, bubble gum and coral pinks. More options would be nice.

#40 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:25 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 July 2016 - 08:20 PM, said:

If you want a white pickup truck, and are delivered an ivory one, do you consider it "close enough"?

Weird analogy but im up for it. First ill tell the paint, "show me your pinks" and i expect him to not tell me, "why i never! there is just one pink sir" no, he will show me a palette. then if he doesnt come with the right pink after i paid for it i might get mad lol.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users