So More Mechs.. Nothing Igp Going Here

15 replies to this topic

#1 HellJumper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationIslamabad, pakistan

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:44 PM

if i remember correctly the whole mech packs and more mech packs with les work on other things (game modes, maps, balancing etc)element was blamed on IGP for pushing all that towards us.

Seeing how PGI is pretty much doing the same thing (mechs instead of mech packs, almost nothing with game modes or new maps other than updated ones) i get the feeling they both have the same people and management working currently as well...

oh also the money i had kept aside for MOW for a loong time to get something atleast is going to battletech... sorry but i dont find any more reason to spend on this game... (i have pretty much stopped spending and playing this game)

#2 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:47 PM

Well, PGI spelled backwards is IGP. Posted Image

#3 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:54 PM

View PostMystere, on 04 August 2016 - 08:47 PM, said:

wait what... what kind of trick is this...

#4 Zoeff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:55 PM

From what I gathered, the initial clan announcement was done without much if any notice to the PGI dev team. On top of that they were unable to make any maps either which did change after IGP left, more maps started to be released.

The thing is, mech packs, while perhaps a bit undesired by many ended up being a good thing when it comes to income for PGI so rather than ditching everything that IGP did they kept the things that made sense. They won't repeat silly things like 500$ Gold mechs though, and I doubt we'll see a return of a 240$ sized mech pack either. That only made sense a little bit back then when introducing a whole new type of mech.

#5 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:04 PM

View PostMystere, on 04 August 2016 - 08:47 PM, said:

Gotta be honest I never understood how PGI managed to scapegoat IGP when they were basically the same company but legally separate primarily for tax reasons.

#6 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:24 PM

View PostZoeff, on 04 August 2016 - 08:55 PM, said:

From what I gathered, the initial clan announcement was done without much if any notice to the PGI dev team. On top of that they were unable to make any maps either which did change after IGP left, more maps started to be released.

The thing is, mech packs, while perhaps a bit undesired by many ended up being a good thing when it comes to income for PGI so rather than ditching everything that IGP did they kept the things that made sense. They won't repeat silly things like 500$ Gold mechs though, and I doubt we'll see a return of a 240$ sized mech pack either. That only made sense a little bit back then when introducing a whole new type of mech.

offcourse income is important and no argument on that. the point is that IGP was doing the same.. getting mech packs out vs almost no content. we hav pretty much the same situation now once again. maps/game mods against the number of new mechs being pushed out almost every month... ya its the same stuff going on as it was before.

#7 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:44 PM

View PostZoeff, on 04 August 2016 - 08:55 PM, said:

That only made sense a little bit back then when introducing a whole new type of mech the whales were busting their wallets open.

FTFY.

#8 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:47 PM

Pgi-igp-pig

#9 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:50 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 04 August 2016 - 09:44 PM, said:

FTFY.

umm so the whales have closed now?

#10 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:06 PM

View PostHellJumper, on 04 August 2016 - 09:50 PM, said:

umm so the whales have closed now?

Most did. Myself included.

#11 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:08 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 04 August 2016 - 10:06 PM, said:

Most did. Myself included.

you dont actually know that. none of us are privy to that information. Mostly likely people are spending casually as of now

#12 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:19 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 04 August 2016 - 10:08 PM, said:

you dont actually know that. none of us are privy to that information. Mostly likely people are spending casually as of now

All the same. Should PGI try to sell us another 120$ pack right now, they will be laughed at.

#13 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:25 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 04 August 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

All the same. Should PGI try to sell us another 120$ pack right now, they will be laughed at.

umm no. Considering the evidence of recent pack sales. there would be no need. locking certain mechs behind the pay wall of 120 was insane and to curve it they did do a 55 deal. Although i was still bittersweet when i purchased my timber. its still negated since the same ton Kodiak was set at the new price as with the recent mechs. So your 120 mech pack scenario is not ever going to exist anywhere but in your head.

#14 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:44 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 04 August 2016 - 11:25 PM, said:

umm no. Considering the evidence of recent pack sales. there would be no need. locking certain mechs behind the pay wall of 120 was insane and to curve it they did do a 55 deal. Although i was still bittersweet when i purchased my timber. its still negated since the same ton Kodiak was set at the new price as with the recent mechs. So your 120 mech pack scenario is not ever going to exist anywhere but in your head.

but they will still offer mechs to purchase right... more mechs to buy at $20 and $35 instead of offering them at $120... just like IGP did it for a long time...yup nothing different here except for the price tag..

#15 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:50 PM

Depends what the mech is, I pretty much bought everything.

ordered and cancelled, Night Gyr, Huntsman, Viper, kept the Cyclops, likely to cancel the Linebacker, as I'm not going to support the game, any further, as it hasn't reverted to its Clan, I.S alternate months,with the announcement of the Marauderiic

#16 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:19 AM

Did anyone really believe that IGP had something to do with anything?
LOL.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users