=D

#42 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:28 PM

FPS without question, as a number of items, especially the dynamic time of day change during match causes FPS drop (as well using thermal and night vision views).

#43 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:30 PM

Non potato computer so how about both for once.

Engine update would be better imho.

#44 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:57 PM

200fps everything max at 1080 to play on 60" screen.

Id rather see game play development than graphical changes, been away a year and all i see are mech packs. I have enough mechs i wont use due to them been made useless why do i want to buy more when the same thing will happen.
How about game play and reasons to pull out all the stuff i already spent over $1000 on ?

#45 GenghisJr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:06 PM

fps

#46 GreyNovember

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:09 PM

FPS please.

Unfortunately I'm nothing but a filthy laptop player, and I only get 30ish FPS when playing.

Could care less about the fancy schmancy smoke and screen shake. Give me diffuse shaders with minimal overhead and I'll still gladly pew pew things.

I'd rather feel like my machine isn't limiting my ability to aim, than sit there and stare at an unecessarily large 2048x2048 uncompressed window texture, because someone wants " MUH GRAPHICS!!1!ONE!".

#47 The Robot Jox

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 72 posts
  • LocationEcuador

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:25 PM

WOO let keep this up!

#48 Sorbic

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:45 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 July 2016 - 10:54 AM, said:

I am currently relegated to a Potato. So the greedy side says FPS Enhancemnt. But reality is, keeping a platform locked to obsolescence so people can keep playing on legacy computers? It's a bad model, IMO, and realyl holds back innovation. End of the day, I wanna play modern games, it's incumbent on me to get a modern rig. That being said, there is zero reason one can't enhance both...since MWOs issue has always been how poorly optimized their code is.

Pretty much this. The CPU I'm running was once really good but 8 years isn't kind in the PC world and I can't expect a game I'd want to look at to run smoothly on it. Still, some optimizing could be done and that new random FPS drop (mostly on bog it seems) is kinda annoying.

I mean when your FPS is already hovering at grass level any drops just plunge you into mole holes... :P

#49 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:59 PM

intel I7
4gb vid card
ssd
grafx tanked by 10 fps post update
I want fps

#50 DaangeroussDann

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:11 PM

I can't even play now,, went from 40-50 fps on Quick games to 15-20 fps. (Not playable). In CW I was getting 30 fps stable,now 7-17 fps (not playable at all). I don't know what they did, but they just lost me and my daughter as members of this community. I cannot afford to go out and buy expensive video cards for all my kids. This patch was a sad day for me. I have earned and purchased over 100 mechs since MWO launch, now I cannot play.
FPS is a must, unless PGI thinks only big spenders and monster machines should be allowed to play MWO. Its a shame, they lose a lot of members who don't come here and complain like I am, since I have a huge investment in the game.

FPS is by far the most important thing for any online community, or you can't fill drops and the game limits its following with stupidly high graphics requirements.

#51 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:03 PM

I like to favor eye candy.

Then I can set it to high FPS and run amok with lower graphics and cartoon style targets. It works this way in just about every FPS.

#52 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:42 PM

FPS

And definitely noticed the FPS spikes during my games today.
Infact i have a screenshot at home where others said the same thing that FPS are going up/down during games.

This patch is a disaster if thats what we have to look forward to

#53 DovisKhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 872 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:48 PM

fps here do look rather unstable, which is surprising to me because I can run all this years AAA games on 60 fps on high/ultra

Some optimization would be nice

#54 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:49 PM

This actually came up at work talking about games coming out these days and how the majority of Developers out there aren't really trying to push the envelope anymore.

Games like the original Crisis that everyone WANTED to have the rig to run it, Games like Farcry that where beautiful. Even the Mechwarrior series of games looked good for the time. Back than 4 years was a lot for a Computer.. now it's like "if my 8 year old Staples bought Desktop can't run this game to hell with the world!" Posted Image

Seriously.. and don't give us the same crap I always hear "we can't afford it" yes you can.. you just choose to spend your money on other luxuries instead

The PC gaming world needs to get back to games looking GOOD not being made for the lowest common denominator home comps and in turn looking like games that came out 10 years ago

Edited by Lucian Nostra, 20 July 2016 - 09:51 PM.

#55 Sorbic

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:49 PM

View PostDaangeroussDann, on 20 July 2016 - 08:11 PM, said:

I can't even play now,, went from 40-50 fps on Quick games to 15-20 fps. (Not playable). In CW I was getting 30 fps stable,now 7-17 fps (not playable at all). I don't know what they did, but they just lost me and my daughter as members of this community. I cannot afford to go out and buy expensive video cards for all my kids. This patch was a sad day for me. I have earned and purchased over 100 mechs since MWO launch, now I cannot play.
FPS is a must, unless PGI thinks only big spenders and monster machines should be allowed to play MWO. Its a shame, they lose a lot of members who don't come here and complain like I am, since I have a huge investment in the game.

FPS is by far the most important thing for any online community, or you can't fill drops and the game limits its following with stupidly high graphics requirements.

Don't be too quick to jump ship as these things are often addressed due to being caused by an error. Especially if the hit was that bad to your system. I mean I was already hitting teens on occasion (usually only dipped to low 20's) before the patch and I didn't see a big hit except for occasionally on Bog. What do you have your settings at?

FPS is important but of course they need to make a game look better for folks who aren't on old potatoes like you and I. Which is why I just bought a middle of the road (Monster machines aren't necessary) CPU/Mobo but now can't find my copy of Windows! lol Hopefully this hit to FPS is, at least mostly, temporary. Which I wouldn't be surprised by considering the graphic glitches they are fixing tomorrow.

Edited by Sorbic, 20 July 2016 - 09:54 PM.

#56 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:20 PM

A game is less fun if it does not run well. Frames are far more important on a lower level. Everything else is icing.

#57 Musubi Mike

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:02 PM

Prepatch I was getting 60fps on very high...post patch I have everything turned down to low and it still will still have spikes as low as 12 -15 fps. I run every other game I own on ultra everything and it stays pegged at 60fps..I'm all for graphic enhancement but ultimately gotta vote fps or I can't hit what I'm shooting at

Edit: I'm am definately not on a potato

Edited by Musubi Mike, 20 July 2016 - 11:04 PM.

#58 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:17 PM

Get the most average to good system and the optimization works the best (Nvidia and Intel)

I have been burned with too many high end pieces that were not supported or did not play well with my specs at the time.

A balanced system that the industry recognizes seems to work best with the least amount of headaches.

It Suxs, but just ditch AMD and get an SSD never play on a laptop or wireless and life is better (per the odds - plenty of exceptions)

#59 lazytopaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:30 AM

Smooth performance here but for sake of community I'd vote FPS.... like it does matter what I think, kek.

#60 The Robot Jox

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 72 posts
  • LocationEcuador

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:00 AM

View Postlazytopaz, on 21 July 2016 - 12:30 AM, said:

Smooth performance here but for sake of community I'd vote FPS.... like it does matter what I think, kek.

it matters to me and the community! and if so maybe the devs too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users